Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

I'm not sure why they're off center' date=' but I have no intention in keeping them anyway.[/quote']

Actually those gloves are modeled the right way. Those are the "Goat Skin" gloves that RFI is issuing, or was on my last deployment, to troopers. The Leather part is actually over the top side of the hand instead of over the knuckles where you think it should be.

Let me see if I still got my set of them and I'll take a picture of them for you.

@Fox '09- I have to agree with Porter707 about the gloves. From personal use, when you grip your fist, sometimes, the glove gets constricted and the portion that was on the back of your hand moves forwards and will eventually cover your knuckles. They seem to be in the correct place even if they're not cosmetically appeasing. Try on a pair for yourself and see if you get the same effect we do.

The overall appearance is great on the soldier IMO. In the end, it's how you feel you like them overall, good luck.

At the time i'm working on an update for my Police Packs. The newest servant is the modern german customs officer with beret or peakcap

zh4ldf12ds7v.jpg

more pics of udates on this post

Couldn't keep my filthy paws away from Visitor3, I've started on another small project, but I'm going to take it slow. It's another 5x5km terrain consisting mostly of nice rolling hills (which I'll add a lot of farmlands to), and a lot of dried riverbeds, it also has a coastline in the north. I realized that there is very few flatter Takistan-maps, and I wanted some variation after Hazar-Kot where I realized I enjoyed creating the desert area the most. We'll see where this turns out. Could be a good map for both tanks and infantry.

picture2pue.th.jpg

Actually those gloves are modeled the right way. Those are the "Goat Skin" gloves that RFI is issuing, or was on my last deployment, to troopers. The Leather part is actually over the top side of the hand instead of over the knuckles where you think it should be.

Let me see if I still got my set of them and I'll take a picture of them for you.

Just checked on the net, nice spotting. I'll be looking when I return what are the most popular/widely used gloves. I mentioned in my thread I'm on vacation for 2 weeks, when I return i'll ask around. If you take some photos PM me them so I can have them for later.

@mcnools

Nice. Make sure there is enough hookahs and hashish to go around :)

WIP ANVIS mount + bracket adapter + PVS-9 .. is the PVS-9 too high in polys? Is there anyway to cut back without compromising the details of little 'ridges'?

WIP Pic

http://threewise.webs.com/anviswip.jpg

sure looks nice, whats its face count?

Couldn't keep my filthy paws away from Visitor3, I've started on another small project, but I'm going to take it slow. It's another 5x5km terrain consisting mostly of nice rolling hills (which I'll add a lot of farmlands to), and a lot of dried riverbeds, it also has a coastline in the north. I realized that there is very few flatter Takistan-maps, and I wanted some variation after Hazar-Kot where I realized I enjoyed creating the desert area the most. We'll see where this turns out. Could be a good map for both tanks and infantry.

Could add some wrecks here and there to expand upon the idea that Takistan has been a conflict zone for quite a while.

Could add some wrecks here and there to expand upon the idea that Takistan has been a conflict zone for quite a while.

I'll still probably leave that up to the mission-maker, since wrecks are easy to place in the editor, there will be some ruins and such though. :)

Indeed. If a mission maker wanted to do, say, a world war two type conflict in Takistan, it would be weird to have bmp wrecks all over the place!

Bags beta-testing. :D

Bags beta-testing. :D

Haha, of course mate!

Here's another screenshot:

arma2oa2012021409181462.th.jpg

I'll still probably leave that up to the mission-maker, since wrecks are easy to place in the editor, there will be some ruins and such though. :)

Hell you knowz Nools loves dat ruins son

sure looks nice, whats its face count?

Its about 1200 [Just the ANVIS mount, not including the helmet or the PVS-9] I think that's quite reasonable considering I've cut back tons of detail from my older anvis [which stands at around 6000+-]

Right, well great map so far. Looks promising.

fsb3.th.jpg

fsb2.th.jpg

fsb1.th.jpg

FSB WIP

Still need to fix the fucking wound textures fuuuuu.

Thanks to SARMAT, TRSF, CWR2 (W0lle in particular), and ArdvarkDB for the models and bein utter LADS.

So what is WIP about this and what would you like critiqued, Mr. Stagler? The lighting in these shots is not very conducive to any kind of constructive commenting on the textures or topology. Moreover, the staged nature of them makes them feel like hype shots. Can you comment on that? Are we supposed to me commenting on the rigging?

Well, they're Russian, so they're a work in progress of a military right now as they're about 20 years behind in technology ;)

Well since this is Stuff you are working on 2, that's something he's working on. And he's just showing it to us. What's wrong with that? Great work Stags, really like the KLMK camo.

Edited by Binkowski

Thanks Bink, appreciated bro. KLMK suit is for Sif haha.

As posted previously Max, they are work in progress because "I havent fixed the wound textures yet".

As you might also notice. Every picture I have ever posted is staged.

Thanks,

bro.

picture2pue.th.jpg

What about uniting this map with Hazar Kot? Like an extension

That would be pretty sweet you know. 5x10 and all

It will really fit if placed to the west where plains start

Those KLMK guys came out great, nice addition.

nice work stag. but since we are ment to be critiquing it, id be careful with a black vest, you'll have to highligt the detail or it will just look like a big black blob. also textures look a little fuzzy. other than that awesome work as always.

EDIT:

Also id work on the dirt on the pants and knee pants atm it looks a bit.. well i dont really know just dosnt look right to me haha.