Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

It looks like a good start! It seems a bit out of proportion. There is reference material out there, trust me.

Thanks Max, will see if i can get the proportions a bit better. If you have something useful on your HD i would be interested to receive it *hint hint*. ;)

Nice, I have a similiar TOW on Duala's Gazellas done by RKSL-Rock. I've made it a "iranian" rip-off version ;)

reworked wip, added lower rubber skirts:

nowy1ra.jpg

nowy3sy.jpg

also turret is changed :

nowy5p.jpg

Looking better. I think the TOW tube fully engages the outside loop on both the front and rear muzzles. It has clamps and kind of fluted seals on the front and back... meaning it expands in diameter on both ends.

Vilas, one texturing tip from me - avoid repetitiveness! - I mean the mud layers usage here.

Mud splatter is erratic, shapes are to be formed in an unpredictable manner, not like they came from a stamp tool. It's very unlikely to find two exactly same spots repeated on one surface - not to mention at least three identical ones, like on that CV90 of yours ;) So, say NO to placing the mud in a straight horizontal line, avoid symmetry and maybe try to experiment with dust. One subtle beige-saturated layer placed between the hull and mud layers should do the trick.

With friendly advice; signing off

T.

have a try at this one

Edited by topas

screen is taken from wip phase

version which is now tested and put on secret forum ;) is without doubled layers

also it has more olive color of camo

so version which some can download (waiting for config) and test is definitely other ;)

Nice job Vilas.

By the way, I used to work with Aeneas2020 on both his Dutch and Belgian addons and still have most of the source files.

Since Aeneas has, unforunately, disappeared, I guess it would be ok to share those files with someone who wants to do something similar. Moderators?

Cheers,

D.

Nice job Vilas.

Since Aeneas has, unforunately, disappeared, I guess it would be ok to share those files with someone who wants to do something similar. Moderators?

Just cause someone seems to have gone elsewhere it doesn't mean you can share his work! Ask his permission or just don't share it.

@Foxhound:

It's not that easy. It's my work as well.

Anyway, this doesn't really belong here. Feel free to delete this post(s).

D.

@Foxhound:

It's not that easy. It's my work as well.

Anyway, this doesn't really belong here. Feel free to delete this post(s).

D.

It is that simple. You can't distribute his portions of the work without his permission. Your options are to remove your contributions and distribute those or try to contact him.

It's even simpler: I might just release a new version of the Belgian army mod with some new additions. No need to ask anyone for any permission in that case :)

But thanks for clarifying the 'laws' that I would have needed to follow in case I started a new project.

Cheers,

D.

Reworked a few bits of the TOW launcher but at this point i think, going more into the details would be pointless. So now started working on the textures:

tow_launcher_tex.jpg

If someone has good pictures of the printed stuff (the text markings on the tubes), i would be interested in them. Right now the text is pure fictional.

Myke;2093575']Reworked a few bits of the TOW launcher but at this point i think' date=' going more into the details would be pointless. So now started working on the textures:

If someone has good pictures of the printed stuff (the text markings on the tubes), i would be interested in them. Right now the text is pure fictional.[/quote']

I think this is the first time I've seen someone model something I've already modelled. It's really interesting to see the similarities and differences in the details you chose to represent compared to what I chose.

Very nice work, Yura. My unit could make very good use of those. Is that going to be released with the UH-60L or separately?

Very nice work, Yura. My unit could make very good use of those. Is that going to be released with the UH-60L or separately?

I was thinking release pack.

I was thinking release pack.

Yura great work :)

You could do a AO bake to the interior of the BH , it will look alot better

and also you could add those wires to the rotor heads , like i did on your old BH

btw those 3D rotor blurs and moving rotor wouldn't be a bad idea too :)

Edited by RobertHammer

Great work Yurapetrov!

Also RH was that BH ever released?

Nice Vietcong music btw :)

Great work Yurapetrov!

Also RH was that BH ever released?

Nice Vietcong music btw :)

Nope - i was testing this BH like few years /arma 1 times/ and then Yura was away and i added few things to it heh

Edited by RobertHammer