Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

I'm looking for a better programm than Max, atm I think it's a bit clunky and doesn't suit my needs.
I love modo - its really easy to use once you get the hang of it.

I never really understood the attraction to Max tbh - I downloaded the latest eval copy and I just find it cumbersome to work with.

Modo is a great 3d software, especially if we talk about modelling, unwrapping and the likes (you know, the basics for addon making)...the learning curve is also smaller than Max's. If you want to get into modelling professionally, and blender just doesn't cut it anymore for you, it's the thing to buy. well worth the 1000$, and i would say the best bang for the buck for this sort of software, for this sort of a job...

BUT, it all depends on the workflow. While i have enjoyed some of the tools in modo (especially the dynamic/easy setup for working plane), i work a lot with edge constrains (as well as face and normals) that are missing from modo.

All in all, both max and maya are considered industry standards since the license for all adsk is free for students (prepping them for the jobs after universities), there are a lot of tuts and and supporting websites, and so forth...plus, opposed to modo, max is a fully featured package that works in any industry out there...

anyhow, going oftopic here.

scuba: you should use imgur, since the last image you posted imo.im has exceeded the bandwidth...

F5 ;)

there will be a gift-addon for one person (later to develop it by interested people from Netherlands if they want, Aenes2020 not logged to forum since over year, so I hope someone other will take MLODs and made Dutch mod)

it will be small addon for playing in MP by interested clan

Dutch soldier (woodland/desert)

2 rifles (C7, C8)

2 vehicles (AIFV, CV90)

rest will be up to community work (I will do basic things, rest is for further development by others)

if there are people interested in making Dutch mod/addons, let me know (of course skilled to do rest of stuff)

F5 ;)

there will be a gift-addon for one person (later to develop it by interested people from Netherlands if they want, Aenes2020 not logged to forum since over year, so I hope someone other will take MLODs and made Dutch mod)

it will be small addon for playing in MP by interested clan

Dutch soldier (woodland/desert)

2 rifles (C7, C8)

2 vehicles (AIFV, CV90)

rest will be up to community work (I will do basic things, rest is for further development by others)

if there are people interested in making Dutch mod/addons, let me know (of course skilled to do rest of stuff)

Do I understand correctly that the scope is modern-day Dutch forces?

With your AIFV/YPR, 1985 Bundeswehr infantry, FAL rifles, Leopard tanks, Palladins and Landrovers, you almost have the Cold War dutch forces as well (webbing is different for Dutch units, and infantry had long hair : ) ).

Wrt the CV90: please be aware of the differences between the CV9035NL and the other CV90 variants. I'm no expert, but as I understand the Dutch CV9035NL has a raised back section, a rear ramp rather than a door and a slightly larger gun (35mm) compared to the CV9030. See:

http://www.defensie.nl/media/CV90_1_tcm46-124381.jpg

http://www.boekje-pienter.nl/images/animation-cv90.gif

Regardless, whatever Dutch units you come up is very welcome!

Looks like they'll be a great addition to the game. Any chance of some Korps Mariniers too? They wear US woodland BDUs instead of the Dutch DPM uniforms - I think they still have DPM body armour, load-bearing equipment and helmet covers, but I'm sure one of our Dutch friends can correct me on that.

I'd echo what William has said about the CV90 - Judging from the shape of the sleeve on the gun barrel your model is based on the CV9040 (Bofors 40mm cannon) version used in Sweden; as opposed to the CV9030 (30mm Bushmaster II) export version (Finland, Norway, Switzerland) or the newer CV9035 (35mm Bushmaster III) used by the Dutch and Danes. However, I'd be pleased to see a CV90 in ArmA 2 in any form.

Looks like they'll be a great addition to the game. Any chance of some Korps Mariniers too?

da12thMonkey

That request would be more appropriate in vilas's thread or in the thread for that kind of thing. Thank you.

Looks like they'll be a great addition to the game. Any chance of some Korps Mariniers too? They wear US woodland BDUs instead of the Dutch DPM uniforms - I think they still have DPM body armour, load-bearing equipment and helmet covers, but I'm sure one of our Dutch friends can correct me on that.

I'd echo what William has said about the CV90 - Judging from the shape of the sleeve on the gun barrel your model is based on the CV9040 (Bofors 40mm cannon) version used in Sweden; as opposed to the CV9030 (30mm Bushmaster II) export version (Finland, Norway, Switzerland) or the newer CV9035 (35mm Bushmaster III) used by the Dutch and Danes. However, I'd be pleased to see a CV90 in ArmA 2 in any form.

The Kmarns also have the Woodland helmet covers, you can see some wearing DPM but that is just lack of Woodland covers at the beginning of their training. Helmetcovers

Jungle camoflage would also be a nice add for the troops. Got that uniform too if pics are needed.

Yeah youre close with that! looks good!

I can provide you with a model of the YPR I made a year ago, you can take of any detail or object from it you like. Besides that I can help you getting the things 100% NL in details. Just contact me on PM if youre interested.

yprambu.jpg

This is the status of the model, also have a MG version. I hope to be back up and working on it at the end of this month.

Alot has to be done on it, as normal maps etc. planning to do that by baking it on this low poly model.

As for military uniforms and personal equipment... got loads of it here for reference..

Edited by VXR
added info

That's closer for the hull. Please note that the Dutch CV9035NL uses a different turret than the 9040 or 9030. Pictures (such as on this page and this page) show a wider and deeper turret with additional storage/protection.

Perhaps VXR can send better info your way, from his collection or the dutch folks at tangodown.nl.

Great APCs Vilas. I'm making a similiar skin for my Government Army of Lingor (GAL) faction.

post delete

Edited by Ei8ght

Ei8ght

This thread is not for private projects. In fact, this whole forum is only for projects that are 100% intended to be released to the public. Advertising private projects is prohibited and pointless. If you intend to release your helicopter, I suggest you clarify before you post another pic. Consider yourself warned. Thank you.

post delete

Edited by Ei8ght

Ei8ght

I can see past versions of edited posts and I will be checking up on the legitimacy of your claims. If you have anything to say please contact me by PM.

Thanks. I'm unwrapping and painting the basic diffuse and normals maps as I merrily model along. The geometry that's not yet unwrapped is invisible to the camera atm, so there are elements present in the AO that aren't in the actual render.

As someone requested here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2090814&postcount=4581

tow_launcher.JPG

It's hard to find any worthy reference material so it is kind of "freehand interpretation" with wld427 providing a template from PRACHS AH-1S to get at least the tubes in the right scale. The rest is somewhat freely interpreted by google image search results.

:EDITH:

And yes, this is completely done in O2 exclusively. ;)