Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

so Nools, are you gonna make a highspeed mission with your tier 1 dudes on your new map? that'd be sick. can't wait for the new map. and rhodesy, nice belt ;).

WIP video of my collimator. Its for ACE and the M109 so I figured I'd post it here rather than in two threads. :)

LTmsqnaLjYo

Model is obviously a placeholder!

oh man that's cool. Ace's artillery is now turning into a mini-game if you will with all the detail put into it.

@McNools: I really hope that awesome amount of the detail won't break AI. Would be nice if you'll go Shapur way and add destroyed cars and other junk like that around the map to give it more war-like atmosphere.

Also I'm all for a lot of bushes and maybe throw in some trees too if possible.

so Nools, are you gonna make a highspeed mission with your tier 1 dudes on your new map? that'd be sick. can't wait for the new map. and rhodesy, nice belt ;).

Haha, possibly! someoen should do it at least! (and I bet someone will)

@McNools: I really hope that awesome amount of the detail won't break AI. Would be nice if you'll go Shapur way and add destroyed cars and other junk like that around the map to give it more war-like atmosphere.

Also I'm all for a lot of bushes and maybe throw in some trees too if possible.

Thanks mate! I'm also hoping it won't break the AI too much. haven't tested it too much yet, but from what I've seen the AI don't get completely stuck or something at least. I put an AI-patrol on careless patrolling across the mountain and it seemed to work fine. And in combat move they move around and take cover behind rocks/bushes etc. and also fired at me, so it seems to work okay!

Not sure if I'll add much destroyed cars though (you can easily add them in the editor anyway), but we'll see! There are a lot of trees down in the inner valley as you can see in this picture (rather short trees, but still trees!):

http://imageshack.us/f/94/arma2oa2011110612154873.jpg/

Here are some WIP screen shots of the final model for the collimator, which was done graciously and superbly by Soul Assassin.

Click to expand (obviously :p)

collimator_new_01_tn.jpg

collimator_new_02_tn.jpg

collimator_new_03_tn.jpg

collimator_new_04_tn.jpg

The last one shows the backlight for viewing the collimator at night. :)

The collimator optic is adjustable elevation wise and I plan to allow it to rotate as well to help in placing the collimator by hand.

Is it illegial to port models from other video games, like BF3 or MW3?

of all threads you ask it here?

It is if you don't have permission. It doesn't matter what game, who, from what. If you have permission, there is no reason it would be illegal.

There also isn't much need for them. They look really cool and shiny in those games, but the models are usually inaccurate or non-canon. I also can't think of any weapons or vehicles from those games that aren't in Arma2 already, by default or as mods.

It is illegal to use any model that you do not have permission for, regardless of the source. Some games do give you permission, as GSC Gameworld has done with STALKER. GSC exhibits rare generosity, and if I have heard of other developers doing similar things, I do not remember who they are.

It is best to check and follow the license distributed with the models. In the absense of a license, assume that the work is copyrighted.

Here is a list of other freeware sources.

Now, let's continue with the topic at hand, shall we?

not sure why you would want to port models from bf3 or mw3 for that matter. at least the characters for mw3 are really low poly. and, the textures could be, well..

at least the characters for mw3 are really low poly. and, the textures could be, well..

Agreed.

not sure why you would want to port models from bf3 or mw3 for that matter. at least the characters for mw3 are really low poly. and, the textures could be, well..

no u guyz r rong these is/are the best modelz probs evoar preduced for a gaem so can you plz make me:

- unitz/maps/wepons/vehiclez/minigun/america is dominate/colonel shepard should holster similar to this onesy:

xlarge_mw3_multiplayer_splash.jpg

and dont say "olol u nubbin these r liek Schnapdragon's desérté mercs" cause their NOTT.

I realise that what I said in my last post was quite vague. Allow me to correct myself.

Let's get back on topic, please.

If I have to say this once more, posts will start getting deleted and it will get all moderatory in here, much to everyone's disgust, I'm sure.

Edited by Max Power

- unitz/maps/wepons/vehiclez/minigun/america is dominate/colonel shepard should holster similar to this onesy:

Props for the SGA reference. :D

I hope to have the .rpt errors mostly cleaned out on a certain addon by tonight. If I manage that then I'll update this post with a picture of something I've desperately needed to get around to finishing.

Finishing my Ultra AP I made 3 years ago. I need to refine it and actually make an interior.

1391l.jpg

1390x.jpg

haha guess it looks kinda wierd. I just needed a way to attach stuff to turrets without a huge math script. This is just a test piece. You could use this system to add gear bags or weapons to existing models without a ton of effort. Anyways it was just part of something I am working on.

jesus that's detailed, isn't it rather small for all the little screws and bolts to be modeled on? Or rather the question is, is it going to be that detailed in game?

It is pretty much like that in game, TBH. Link below.

http://techbrigade.org/images/arma2oa%202011-11-12%2000-40-02-48.jpg

It's going to be resized though. We had no reference pictures with scale to work off, so the model maker guessed the nozzle was about an inch across, but we think it looks too small in game, so it will be made bigger, probably a quarter again. Might add a shadow LOD too.