Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Beautiful models, the level of detail on the Eagle is amazing.

(Fail Cakes, is that you?)

Thanks and Yep, that's me. Grew tired of the Fail part, so I ditched it.

The Eagle is done moddelingwise (The rest is still in it's infants and it shows). Now I'm fiddling with the normal maps and the animations for it and try to find out what works and what doesn't. So far I have had most success in finding out what doesn't work - the whole UVs vs Normals thing is a minefield ;/

I'm working on making the Barrett MRAD sniper rifle. Here's the upper reciever so far.

barretmrad001.jpg

:yay:

Edited by SPEKTRE76

Heh Forger, one of the biggest aviation fails of all times. However model looks top notch.

Vilas is helping us to put Slovenian Svarun 8x8 into battle:

svarun3.jpg

svarun5.jpg

Its actually Finnish APC Patria.

@SPEKTRE76, looking good so far! Out of interest, are the "Teeth" on the RIS directly attatched to the rest of the model or are they "free floating" so to speak?

looks good spektre76, i can't wait to see the final product

@SPEKTRE76, looking good so far! Out of interest, are the "Teeth" on the RIS directly attatched to the rest of the model or are they "free floating" so to speak?

No what you see is all one single piece. I like to model like that ;).

I will doing the lower reciever as all one piece as well. 'ProBoolenes' in 3DS Max '10 x64 makes lfe really, really easy now.

I use to have to cap every hole by hand, took lot's of hours. This reciever only took me 45min to make.

I truly hope a MOD developer takes notice and wants to use my model. I have no idea on how to get it in the game. Maybe Robert Hammer will

grace me with his expertise!

looks good spektre76' date=' i can't wait to see the final product[/quote']

Thank you, oh and hey guys I'm going to make the carbine in my signature too. It will have a bolt system just like the KRISS V does.

The bolt will slide down into the pistol grip thus virtually eliminating recoil. This one in my sig is actually a 6.8mm SPC. I have to dig up my old M4A1 model I made 7 years ago on 3DS Max 5.0!

Edited by SPEKTRE76

Take care with booleans, they tend to be messy in randomly creating stray vertices on straight edges all over the mesh (as in not only in the region of the boolean action itself), thus requiring major cleanups usually.

Take care with booleans, they tend to be messy in randomly creating stray vertices on straight edges all over the mesh (as in not only in the region of the boolean action itself), thus requiring major cleanups usually.

Oh yeah I know brother. I always use 'STL Check' when I finish a model.

:bounce3:

Edited by SPEKTRE76

A couple of more pictures from my map, I've started experimenting with roads (oh my) and have gotten buildings to work with animations etc. so I've started working on a couple of small settlements. One of them is a pretty much abandoned mining-town down on the plains where people have tried and failed to grow things. There will be a small abandoned mine nearby aswell.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/803/arma2oa2011110615442956.jpg/

A couple of shots of a pass into the valley and the area inside:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/401/arma2oa2011110612165593.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/arma2oa2011110612154873.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/205/arma2oa2011110612171956.jpg/

Also, small cave-ish stuff:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/arma2oa2011110612115436.png/

Done with the lower reciever. Now it's on to the buttstock, grip and magazine. (Barrett MRAD (Multi-Role Adaptive Design ) in .338 Lapua Magnum, 7.62 NATO, .300 WinMag).

barrettmrad02.jpg

Edited by SPEKTRE76

A couple of more pictures from my map, I've started experimenting with roads (oh my) and have gotten buildings to work with animations etc. so I've started working on a couple of small settlements. One of them is a pretty much abandoned mining-town down on the plains where people have tried and failed to grow things. There will be a small abandoned mine nearby aswell.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/803/arma2oa2011110615442956.jpg/

A couple of shots of a pass into the valley and the area inside:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/401/arma2oa2011110612165593.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/arma2oa2011110612154873.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/205/arma2oa2011110612171956.jpg/

Also, small cave-ish stuff:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/arma2oa2011110612115436.png/

Nice! Hope that small cave-ish feature gets a lot of attention!

P.S. SPEKTRE76, I sent you a PM regarding your sig...

There will be more "caves" of that type in the map :) it's hard to make good proper caves though, so I'll probably stick to these small ones. Hopefully one or two will be good spots for MG's covering strategic areas of the valley aswell. :)

Removed as a gesture of good faith.

Edited by SPEKTRE76

Ok, be mature and respond to my PM in a PM. Although, if you're on Steam, you can join AFO Reaper and it'll all be okay... Anyway, next time just respond to the PM with a PM. Because this thread isn't the place to discuss this...

And, as you can see, I added credits to my sig so that I wouldn't look like a hypocrite. It is a cool logo, though, isn't it?

@Sakura_Chan: night lights radius needs to be toned down. Somewhere in the middle between now and BIS levels. Then it will look more realistic.

Also I hope that sun will be like that only in 3rd person.

@McNools:

Looks great. Has a potential to become a worthy expansion to Takistan.

Maybe you will be able to throw some big town in or two?

Agreed, looking forward to this one

I am too, I just need a Dev to make it work. I can model, not code. I used to make vehicles and weapons for BF2.

night lights radius needs to be toned down. Somewhere in the middle between now and BIS levels.

Also I hope that sun will be like that only in 3rd person.

It is totally up to the mission designer as to how bright the lights are. Also the 3rd person lens flare is just that, only available in 3rd person.

@McNools:

Looks great. Has a potential to become a worthy expansion to Takistan.

Maybe you will be able to throw some big town in or two?

Thanks :) Probably won't add any big towns, the map itself is very small (didn't want to start something that takes ages to finish right now), so a large town would take up too much room. But at least we'll have a small town and a couple of mountain villages. :)

It is totally up to the mission designer as to how bright the lights are. Also the 3rd person lens flare is just that, only available in 3rd person.

Hi Sakura :) the thing I am most interested in is your in-development radial/GUI system, is there any possibility of a release/beta on this?

New (sort of..) soldier base model im working on for a few of my projects and for some others. Model is just a heavly adapted Jonnys SF models, it has a added collar, shirt pockets, pant pockets, new sleves, re-UVmapped/re-shaped chest and a proper belt.

The goal is to bring these awesome models up-to-date with operation arrowhead standards.

Also a LBT 6094 vest that im working on can be seen aswell.

UbkH9.jpg

O7gXg.jpg

Cheers

Rhodesy.

Looks just great! Fantastic job. The MICH helmet is also updated, eh?

Some more screenshots from my terrain progress. I've made a village now (some walls will need to fit better though) etc. Probably the last screenshots in a while now since I think it shows what I'm trying to accomplish. :) The outer valley is rocky desert, and flat, while the inner valley is rocky and hilly and full of rocks and shrubs.

Apache flying over the ridges:

haz1.th.jpg

Overview of the village in the barren outer valley:

haz2k.th.jpg

View from inside the village, as you can see it's quite run down and overgrown with shrubs, and the villagers attempts of growing anything has failed quite miserably, you can also see the old asfalt road leading to the mine on the right hand side of the screen, also run down and pretty much abandoned:

haz7.th.jpg

An old abandoned mine (guess there wasn't as much coltan there as they thought, this is also the reason why the village is quite deserted and overgrown, it didn't work out)

haz3.th.jpg

One of the ridges separating the outer and inner valley:

haz4.th.jpg

View over the outer valley and the outermost ridge from a pass leading into the inner valley:

haz5.th.jpg

One of the small settlements in the inner valley, mostly making a living by herding goats and hunting in the valley.

haz6.th.jpg

That concludes this picture session. :) There's a loooong way to go on the map. (even though it's only about 6-8 square kilometers or something like that. Something bigger would take way too long to finish for me, big commitment. Better to have a mini-terrain finished than a large map that never quite gets done)

By the way, I might try to add some ground textures with small patches of snow on higher altitudes (there are some higher peaks in the northern and eastern parts, not THAT high though, since I don't think too steep elevations look very good in the engine, and if I would have increased the scale of the map the terrain and satmap details would have suffered) if I manage to conjure up something that looks good. I don't want entire areas covered in snow, just small patches here and there, might be hard to accomplish in a good way.

Edited by McNools