Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Nope, he's still a Ranger. We perfected cloning, found some usable DNA, and now our "Supreme Great Ruler" is none other than Davy Crockett himself.

Oh lawdy.

Chuck Norris is the Senior Captain of the Texas Rangers (duh). I wrote that description very fast, idk about the rest.

I do know the Texas Military Rifle is the M18. The M18 (M16A2 re-designated in 1984), uses a shortened 16.4" barrel, S-1-F trigger group, and collapsible stock in the M18A1 onwards. The rifle is currently manufactured at the LaRue Armory outside of Austin and the Fort Worth Arsenal. Texas is a rifleman's society, so you will only see in with armor crew, secondary troops, officers, and SOF.

M18.jpg

Edited by suhsjake

Been messing around with alot of custom camo's lately, thought id share one i made today. i dont mind it. its free for anyone to use. just a lil credit is all thats needed :)

dig1.th.jpg

Willing to take requests also.

Cheers

Rhodesy.

Been messing around with alot of custom camo's lately, thought id share one i made today. i dont mind it. its free for anyone to use. just a lil credit is all thats needed :)

*image*

Willing to take requests also.

Cheers

Rhodesy.

one request ... A-TACS camo, that's all

yurapetrov - you are very cruel, you show great pictures of your wonderfull work from months but never a time of realisation. the hipe is too high, please tel us something about.

thanks.

Beggars can't be choosers, as the saying goes

b-but ... it was just a little idea, not a forced "do that texture already":(

i'm back..

some testing of woodland marpat, got the EGA in the pattern

capture2.png

I'm not 100% happy with the colors, what do you guys think?

and some base work for the gregory UM21 rucksack system..

modo_2011_09_03_22_49_41_26.png

@Fox '09, Looking decent so far (although I'm far from an expert with what MARPAT should look like!).

I would suggest that there are maybe too many polys in the top pouch of the rucksack, specifically the area which is essentially a flat face. Might have the same thing with the lower pouch but modo's grid makes it a bit harder to see :)

Need modeler/scripter to simple and eazy project (need create a great but very useful weapon - mine), need write a simle eazy script and very simlpe model. send PM to me please!

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

i'm back..

some testing of woodland marpat' date=' got the EGA in the pattern

[url']http://s2.postimage.org/kzb9rov8/capture2.png[/url]

I'm not 100% happy with the colors, what do you guys think?

and some base work for the gregory UM21 rucksack system..

http://s2.postimage.org/kzcxb1d0/modo_2011_09_03_22_49_41_26.png

Please don't forget a ACE config ;)

Edited by Foxhound
Do not quote images!

Ok guys I've got a question. I applied my normal map to the low poly mesh and there's a noticeable edge at the bottom of the magazine well caused by the difference in the subsurf on the high poly mesh. Should I add a few loops to make the low poly match the smooth rounded edge or just touch up the normal map?

Low Poly

Normal Map Applied

Been learning 3d modelling and working on a few helmet accessories.

NVG Battery pack and Goggle straps

th_nvg_battery_final.jpg

PVS 15 (Main model by SwissMag, upmodelled by me)

High Poly

th_pvs15_wip2.jpg

Low Poly with AO applied in O2

th_pvs15_ao_wip.jpg

@khugan: i would add a couple off loops if a few polies more is not an issue

@advarkdb: great work!...the only thing i wasn't able to follow properly was the topology there...why are there more edges than needed for instance

Edited by PuFu

Thanks PuFu. Which edges are you talking about? The NVG Battery? I'm still cleaning that one up. I'm open to any advice and can provide more pics or the model if needed.

If you're talking about the NVGs in the second pic, that was just where I subdivided to create the normal map, so I was creating extra faces where needed to add ridges, etc.

Edited by ardvarkdb

one request ... A-TACS camo, that's all
Need modeler/scripter to simple and eazy project (need create a great but very useful weapon - mine), need write a simle eazy script and very simlpe model. send PM to me please

Please don't forget a ACE config ;)

Just a reminder that this isn't a request thread or a recruiting thread. :)

If you need someone to help you with a project, better make a project thread.

If you have a request, don't hesitate to use the addon request thread, please.

If you're talking about the NVGs in the second pic, that was just where I subdivided to create the normal map, so I was creating extra faces where needed to add ridges, etc.

ahh, right, i get it. I usually don't tesselate/subdivide individual faces, even for HP model, but rather use the add loop feature to create the "holding" edges where needed. I prefer having the model in quads/traingles and have no Ngons.

On the other hand, i guess if the subD works as it should, there shouldn't be any problems either.

@suhsjake is that a custom soldier model? if so where did you your get the beret from?