Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Thought those oldskool pvs-7 NVGs didn't really fit on most units in AA2 anymore so modelled the AN/PVS-15 Gen3.

Used limited reference pics, so could use some feedback on it's accuracy.

anpvs15gen3wip1.th.png

:)

Very nice indeed, lil details like that add ALOT to units.

EDIT:

Speaking of units been playing around with an idea for a full blown story driven mod... so started on these OpFor soldiers... very early days yet.

opfor1.th.jpg

opfor2.th.jpg

Also if anyone knows of someone who would want to make a map if this mod idea (no im not going to tell you all the mod idea :P) goes ahead, or help out in general get in touch :)

Edited by Rhodesy77

1. Opfor? They look very similiar to early 2000s Americans. (unless US will be opfor in your mod ;) )

2. MOLLE vest + ALICE belt? Doesn't seem too logical to me, but maybe it was/is used like that.

3. The upper (grenade?) pouch isn't on the MOLLE webbing and the radio handset isn't either.

Just some things I noticed. It looks nice otherwise.

@Rhosdey77, Lol is that the assault vest model I sent you aaaggggeeesss ago? glad to see it's still getting some use if it is! Anyways, looking really good matey, I would just say though, that there is a small amount of texture repetition on the right arm and just next to it on the chest (on the woodland texture anyways).

1. Opfor? They look very similiar to early 2000s Americans. (unless US will be opfor in your mod ;) )

2. MOLLE vest + ALICE belt? Doesn't seem too logical to me, but maybe it was/is used like that.

3. The upper (grenade?) pouch isn't on the MOLLE webbing and the radio handset isn't either.

Just some things I noticed. It looks nice otherwise.

1. Meh its based around 2020 :P set that date to give myself some creative freedom, its just mix mash of gear atm.

2. see point 1

3. yer thats just me being lazy atm lol, vest texture is very wip.

@Rhosdey77, Lol is that the assault vest model I sent you aaaggggeeesss ago? glad to see it's still getting some use if it is! Anyways, looking really good matey, I would just say though, that there is a small amount of texture repetition on the right arm and just next to it on the chest (on the woodland texture anyways).

hahaha yep sure is :P its a good model and been waiting for another time to use it :). And yer i know, atm all the uniform texture is just a flat camo swatch.

Cheers

Rhodesy

nice lennard!

Thanks!

Are you back in the States yet?

Hi to All, our studio "Mod.UA" making Ukrainian different stuff for Arma 2 ... And now what we have in the end of August :-)

*clickable

m111.jpg

m333.jpg

m555.jpg

m666.jpg

korsa5434.jpg

So, what's new (link to older version below!):

- Totally remade the model of body armor;

- Totally remade the texture of uniforms, equipment & blood;

- Will be added to adequately cartridge pouches, etc. (quantity of cartridge pouches to be equal to the quantity of cartridges);

- Will be a version with the AK by RH;

- Several new models of infantrymen;

and etc. ... That is almost a new pack.

For comparison - the old version of our units

Until the 1-st weekend of September, we expect to release update of the Marines and mechanized infantry. Also we will publish our first mission with the using of some our addons ...

In September, we plan also to do Ukrainian Airborne Troops (VDV in russian), Ukrainian peacekeepers (period of 2010-2011 in Afghanistan) in desert camouflage, finish the vehicles and static weapons.

Later we plan to release an updated pack Ukrainian police, namely PPS - Guard Patrol Service (Patrulʹno Postova Sluzhba) and the DPS - Road Patrol Service (Dorozhnʹo Patrulʹna Sluzhba).

And our site now has English forum!!!

... For those of you who have played Grand Theft Auto IV, you may remember the Annihilator helicopter? ;) Well i done some re-search and found out there is a UH-60 that the police use, heres a photo of it for the police forces:

Police Force UH-60 Helicopter.

Well.. Now that ive seen that i thought id start work on one for ArmA 2.

Heres what ive got so far :P

ArmA 2 Uh-60 Police <- May take some time to load as its only hosted by my website, very slow :(

Hope you like it,

& Ohhh.. Yes maybe i will add Mini Guns :p

I've seen plenty of those, driving from San Diego to North Carolina (and back, 5+ times. Did you know they actually search vehicles that enter California for Fire Ants?). :D

Technically, it's not a "Police" helicopter, as it isn't used by any police department. It's used by the Border Patrol, along with everything from dune buggies to humvees. (But since the Border Patrol/ICE are law enforcement agencies I guess they are police... but then again they fall under HLS, which confuses things more, to me anyways)

The UH-60 (and that paint scheme) is also used by Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE.

Click the spoiler for more pictures.

You would need to aim for more gold than yellow, maybe a bronze? That and change "COP" to "CBP" and you'd be set.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6
sleeplessness does not make for good grammar

@Darkhorse

check the dpdproductions url's as they give me this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /photos_emer_air2/32b.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.dpdproductions.com Port 80

Try these two links, scroll down on both to see the ICE UH-60. Pretty much the same exact bird as the CBP UH-60, just different acronyms. :)

http://www.dpdproductions.com/page_emergallery_air1.html

http://www.dpdproductions.com/page_emergallery_air2.html

It seems the H-60 is also used by fire departments in the U.S. Learn something new everyday I guess. :)

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Thanks Darkhorse for all this information, you clearly found out more than me :D I just re search a little as wanted to start working on it already :P I will take all this information into account and will most likely do a whole service pack, for fire etc. Thanks again for all this info :)

Edited by konyo

No problem.

5 minutes in google and about 15 digging for the pics I used to have from the big Miramar airshow in San Diego, of the CBP H-60. (Coudln't find em)

rtxsoldier-1.jpg

A Lance Corporal of the 143rd Airborne Regiment, showing off the new Army Digital Uniform (ADU)

Republic of Texas

After the turbulent 1960s and the Vietnam War dragging on into the 1970s, the Texas Legislature put before the people the option to secede from the United States. The people voted 71% to remove themselves from the Union with United States. This caused a great disturbance in the US as well as NATO, almost turning into a second Civil War, but due to technicalities with Nixon's impeachment and recognition from countries inside NATO, this was avoided. United Nations Resolution 81, officially recognizing The Second Texas Republic on August 24th, 1974.

Texas is currently a member of NATO and the UN. It maintains good relations with the US, especially after 9/11. Texas currently has deployments in Kosovo, Afghanistan, Takistan, and Chernarus.

Edited by suhsjake

Win-Cookie_Cream.jpg

How are our relations with Mexico? Did we find a solution to the border control problem? A catapult perhaps?