Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Haters. You asked for desert. I give you desert.

manct.jpg

SG_Spetsnaz coming soon. Just need to alter a few textures and find someone with a Altyn helmet mask I can have.

Looks great both dennisjegart and colonel stagler!

Some WIP shots from my two terrains I'm currently working on

Ft. Knox

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

Ft. Irwin

6-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

Jens

Some WIP shots from my two terrains I'm currently working on

Jens

Jens, can you please try and use forest areas instead of individually placed trees for thick forests (a mix of forest area, and a much, much, much sparser individual tree layer adds a lot of variety to wooded areas). The performance hit with that many "unique" objects is big on Ft. Benning. :(

ai Gun Test.

I like the way it looks, but you didn't shoot it down!

Abs

Another couple of WIP shots of my Remington MSR:

1 2

Maybe it will be finished before Arma3 :D

That a Ruger 22, Scuba?

Weapon of choice in Hitman: SA. :D

you got it :)

Well these underwater pictures of A3 reminded me of its use by the Navy SEALs.

Another couple of WIP shots of my Remington MSR:

1 2

Maybe it will be finished before Arma3 :D

Looking pretty good! Reminds me of my 'on hold' high poly MSR project.

Good luck.

*Will check with Scuba if the MSR project will ever be picked up again, other wise i might have a high poly silencer (and maybe a few other parts, like muzzles) if interested.

Bit hard to tell, but is that the high poly model you are working on or the actual game model?

Looking pretty good! Reminds me of my 'on hold' high poly MSR project.

Good luck.

*Will check with Scuba if the MSR project will ever be picked up again, other wise i might have a high poly silencer (and maybe a few other parts, like muzzles) if interested.

Bit hard to tell, but is that the high poly model you are working on or the actual game model?

It's a mixture of both high poly and game model. It is all separated into small parts because I am going to try out xnormal for the first time and I'm still not really sure what will work well as a normal map feature and what wont, like sharp edges on a low poly and the rounded ones on a high poly. I'm also going to attempt using floating geometry for baking the normals for the first time. Thanks for the offer on the silencer.

It's a mixture of both high poly and game model. It is all separated into small parts because I am going to try out xnormal for the first time and I'm still not really sure what will work well as a normal map feature and what wont, like sharp edges on a low poly and the rounded ones on a high poly. I'm also going to attempt using floating geometry for baking the normals for the first time. Thanks for the offer on the silencer.

Wish i could help out, but honestly i'm still fighting sharp-smooth edges when it comes to normal map baking. It is something special and i think it is something that will never be perfect (i want to believe panda :p ).

But beside that, i had pretty good results with high poly - low poly model baking. AS (ambient occlusion) and normal map details come out very nicely.

Maybe a small tip when it comes to AS (-> modo ambient occlusion maps) is to run over you sharp adges in paint mode with a soft blur brush. That helps out fading and colour matching the two seperate sides of the edges.

Guess you are aware to try to prevent to have non matching faces in the UV as it will not help out the AS and normal map colours (mismatching).

You mentioned parts are high poly and some game model. I'm guessing that won't work for the baking. But with some quick edge loops and sub-d you could make a decent high poly model out of your game model parts.

Good luck, nice looking weapon!

Wish i could help out, but honestly i'm still fighting sharp-smooth edges when it comes to normal map baking. It is something special and i think it is something that will never be perfect (i want to believe panda :p ).

But beside that, i had pretty good results with high poly - low poly model baking. AS (ambient occlusion) and normal map details come out very nicely.

Maybe a small tip when it comes to AS (-> modo ambient occlusion maps) is to run over you sharp adges in paint mode with a soft blur brush. That helps out fading and colour matching the two seperate sides of the edges.

Guess you are aware to try to prevent to have non matching faces in the UV as it will not help out the AS and normal map colours (mismatching).

You mentioned parts are high poly and some game model. I'm guessing that won't work for the baking. But with some quick edge loops and sub-d you could make a decent high poly model out of your game model parts.

Good luck, nice looking weapon!

Thanks for the info, but at the moment what I could really use a tip on is UV mapping the damn rails! :D I have mapped rails twice previously, but I don't recall it being such a headache as it is this time.

bear in mind that (from my experience at least) normal baking also depends on the quality (and the layout) of UVs (seams locations etc).