Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

ctbwip2.th.jpg

ctbwip3.th.jpg

All the cool kids have modeled on pockets these days..

Early designs from the EBU Project (Enhanced Battle Uniform) destined for CTB - Combat Team Bravo

seahawk pilot view

arma22011061517261071.th.pngarma22011061517254656.th.pngarma22011061517253428.th.pngarma22011061517250159.th.png

but the work of the sh60 seahawk is still open?

yura ............... please tell us something about that project that we are waiting hard this helo.

please please please .........................................................:yay:

[RL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/ctbwip2.jpg/]http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/7615/ctbwip2.th.jpg[/iM][/url]

[RL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/840/ctbwip3.jpg/]http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/2664/ctbwip3.th.jpg[/iM][/url]

All the cool kids have modeled on pockets these days..

Early designs from the EBU Project (Enhanced Battle Uniform) destined for CTB - Combat Team Bravo

I was going to say - never heard of it.

Looks good! :)

Just the fact that you are working on something New instead of demanding it get made is great. All great journeys start with the first step. Looking good for first draft dude.

From what I've seen, this will be a terrific place to organise ambushes on enemy supply+armor convoys or just to have fun in big infantry firefights, looking for a camp through all set vegetation. I love density and it gives a good thrill, especially at night, when you're sneaking down the line of trees, deep in the grass and unexpected shooting starts. Great experience. Keep up and this should be a perfect map for tactical co-op nights, I hope.

Jeza that looks good. I think relatively flat British countryside, hedgerows and wooded areas would lend itself well to infantry firefights.

Been working on the T-84 OPLOT-M, as much to get more familiar with Modo as anything else, been using it for a while but no "big" projects until this. Personally find it much better than any other modelling software I've used so that's a start I guess :)

Anyways, here is a shot or two... or five... Basically trying to reduce the poly count at the moment because once the rest of the tank's body is there it will be too high for ARMA (not by much though), does anyone have some advice for where the best places in general to save polys are? Mainly been lowering cylinders poly counts (so 24 edged to like 16 and what not) and finding the odd face that can't be seen and removing it.

OPLOTs.jpg

More

Even More

Yet More

Even More Again!

More than is completely necessary

One thing I would say is that my model isn't too accurate, I've just been doing the best I can with the pictures I have of the OPLOT-M, really could have done with a top down view for the shape of the turret among other things but I think it's turning out ok.

All comments welcome, sorry for the slightly small renders, didn't bother to make larger ones but can do if someone wants me to :)

Edited by STALKERGB

Woah that looks brilliant stalker.... I'm no expert but couldnt you do the panneling grooves on the gun and skirts with the texture layers as opposed to actually having them on the model? same with rivets... But I'm just saying what I think I've read ... Thats really awesome dude looking sweet

Cheers Robert, thanks for the compliment :)

@Wolfbite, yeah I think the rivets I've added are something certainly marked for removal, will use normal maps for them I guess. Although saying that, I prefer to only use normal maps for things like grooves rather than objects that "stick out" of the model. Certainly the grooves I have can be normal mapped though :)

Indeed awesome! :)

If you still need the chassis i will send it the next days once Kenji has fiddled a "Frankenhull" together.

Yet i wonder how it might fit to such a detailled modern model.

@SA and Shadow NX, thanks for the kind words :) means a lot to hear it from you two!

@Shadow NX, I'd still love to use the chassis if you are still offering :) I'm sure Kenji's model will fit fine with what I've made, all the RHS stuff seems really high detail to me so I'm sure it will fit fine! And anyway, I think there is quite a bit that needs to "come off" my model so it has a lower poly count.

Been working on the T-84 OPLOT-M

Very nice work! I hope it is for CDF armed forces? :bounce3:

Well STALKERGB, two things:

A: Totally awesome! :cc:

And B: The commander's observation unit looks not enough oblong.

As you can see here, the top nearly reach the top of the opened commander's hatch.

To save polys, you can reduce your model into simple shapes.

By example, you can use a simple cylinder to model the smoke evacuator and then use transparency to be able to see inside the gun tube.

The inner part of the gun tube can be simplified into a cone, long enough to give the appearance of a tube.

The turret basket can be modeled with a squarred cross section.

Keep going! :ok:

Very nice work! I hope it is for CDF armed forces? :bounce3:

Nope! ;)

@Stalker, you know I now learned to check the WIP before contacting people since now the ones I did already got in touch with you in this thread, lol. *facepalm* Anyways mate, you know I'm still drooling over these shots. :D

The commander's observation unit looks not enough oblong.

Ah yeah I see your point, it was one of the first things I added to the turret so looked to be about the right height when there was nothing else cluttering up the turret but now it does seem a bit short :)

@RED SOLDAT, haha yeah as John said so elegantly with his "Nope" it's not for the CDF...

@John, haha I only posted that earlier today so you made "first contact" :p

@SA and Shadow NX, thanks for the kind words :) means a lot to hear it from you two!

@Shadow NX, I'd still love to use the chassis if you are still offering :) I'm sure Kenji's model will fit fine with what I've made, all the RHS stuff seems really high detail to me so I'm sure it will fit fine! And anyway, I think there is quite a bit that needs to "come off" my model so it has a lower poly count.

problem is that the oplot hull especially back is very different from T80 hull that kenji's working off.

I suppose this would be the part where the untested newbie comes in with another batch of reference photos to save the day, but... er... 'fraid I can't really find anything new, at least from a top-down perspective. The only ones I've found are of the unmodified T-84, which is a far cry from the Oplot in... quite a number of respects.

Still, the model looks great so far, Stalker! It's pretty... for a multiple-ton killing machine.

*Insert jokes about similarities between tanks and relationships here*

problem is that the oplot hull especially back is very different from T80 hull that kenji's working off.

Ah yeah I know the back has differences, the extra bits at the back can probably be modelled and hopefully I can push/pull bits about to get it looking about right. I guess I'll just have to see :)

@DiscountAnubis, haha yeah, there aren't that many pictures of the tank about :) Glad you think it looks pretty (well I think that's good? the pretty tanks always get all the ammo :p )

"Pretty" in a "Merciless steel monster fed upon fire and fury, bringing hot, molten death upon the foes of whomever-the-heck-is-going-to-use-the-blasted-thing" sorta way, mind, but... yes! Pretty.

That's the problem with the supply corps, always thinking with their- er- well, not with their brains. But... lower.

Yeaaah.

I thought I had found a promising blueprint, but closer inspection revealed that it was actually a Chinese copy of the T-64 that someone had marked as an Oplot... how someone could make that sort of mistake is beyond me, but, needless to say, it was pretty blatant.

I'll keep looking, of course, but no promises.

Haha that's a very specific kind of pretty (Pretty Woman would have a completely new meaning!).

Anyways, cheers for having a look for some reference images, don't worry too much if you don't find anything. I get so confused with all the Eastern Tanks so I'd have probably made the same mistake as you lol!

Hey, now! "Fire-breathing and wrathful" are very nice qualities!

Well... in dragons and such, they are! Though... "By a dragon's standard of beauty, assuming one could ask a nonexistent creature such a question without being eaten or killed outright, those are very pretty tanks" doesn't flow very well, does it?

Hm... perhaps "pretty" wasn't the right word...

I blame the naming convention. If you're calling all of your armor "T-something-or-other", things are bound to get confusing. T-64A, T-80UM1, T-55AM...

Though, I suppose we're no better here in the US, as we just stick an M in front of EVERYTHING. M1151, M998, M1A1, (Which, entertainingly enough, can be the designation for six-or-seven radically different things, depending on the era) and so on.

Anyways, to avoid diluting my original point any further, I'll just keep an eye out. If I get lucky and find something that ISN'T a cross-section of the Queen Mary, or the like, I'll let you know.