Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Made this Sea Sparrow today for my Nimitz, next probably make the RAM launcher. I know there's already a modeled/working one but I could use the practice and I want to make it able to work apart from MMA in more simpler terms.

Image 1

Image 2

Still have the finer details to add to it (this'll be my first attempt at normal maps haha) and I think the Z-brace thing needs to be skinnier.

I write very high performance, one off missile guidance systems that are not bloated and prone to failing under load like MMA (and do not require the massive script suite).

No inner edges? What do you mean? :confused:

what he means is that although you are working with ngons, DX9 uses solely triangles for rendering purposes...all in all your polycount will be higher than what you have atm. But don't worry, you can still model in ngons afaik, the model will be triangulated on 3ds export anyways

what he means is that although you are working with ngons, DX9 uses solely triangles for rendering purposes...all in all your polycount will be higher than what you have atm. But don't worry, you can still model in ngons afaik, the model will be triangulated on 3ds export anyways

Ha yes! I know!

It's not really a wireframe representation neither a render.

It's sketchup...

BAT 21 an inspiration maybe ?

Hehe ;) Well not really ...... a different Cessna.

Made this Sea Sparrow today for my Nimitz, next probably make the RAM launcher. I know there's already a modeled/working one but I could use the practice and I want to make it able to work apart from MMA in more simpler terms.

Image 1

Image 2

Still have the finer details to add to it (this'll be my first attempt at normal maps haha) and I think the Z-brace thing needs to be skinnier.

Animation states for each missle fired I hope? Looks good. If the tubes empty when fired it will be nice.

How hard would it be to remove (or drastically reduce) the smoke output from Russian FFAR explosions?

Some seemingly dark pictures showing an airport at night.

airportc.th.png airportb.th.png airporta.th.png

This little Airport/Island will be released together with MBG_Buildings_3 (Though as a seperate addon). This project started out as an Island for me to lollygag around. Test new things, test addons, that sort of stuff.

So, this Testfield will feature the pictured Airport and some rather interesting and unique facilities to test addons. Originally not intended to be released, I guess I'll pump this out anyways. It would be a waste to keep Top Gear's Powerlap course just for me. :P

powerlap.th.jpg

This little Airport/Island will be released together with MBG_Buildings_3 (Though as a seperate addon). This project started out as an Island for me to lollygag around. Test new things, test addons, that sort of stuff.

So, this Testfield will feature the pictured Airport and some rather interesting and unique facilities to test addons. Originally not intended to be released, I guess I'll pump this out anyways. It would be a waste to keep Top Gear's Powerlap course just for me. :P

Very nice! Easily one of the best airport implementations I've seen for Arma 2.

awesome airport mondkalb!

new sparrow shots in-game with normal maps applied, no actual texture yet. click:

ArmA2OA2011-07-1800-46-10-05.jpg?t=1310976293

Edited by JDog

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2084/airportc.th.png http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/9564/airportb.th.png http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/5937/airporta.th.png

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/1149/powerlap.th.jpg

YAY!! That looks freakin awsome, I've been looking for a cool airport for machinima etc. Keep up the good work :D!!

Edited by Franze
image quotes

Nice stuff there NouberNou.

Is it for a standalone release or to be implemented in some pack?

Keep it up :)

Hey nouber was it you making the Kiowa?

You probably mean Pufu , he was making Kiowa for ACE ,but sadly it was forgotten :(

You probably mean Pufu , he was making Kiowa for ACE ,but sadly it was forgotten :(

far from forgotten mate, shelved till i was done with my final exams at university (which i now am) :)

Sweet PuFu!

The ITV/FISTV will probably be part of ACE since a lot of the current M113 tweaks are part of ACE anyways.

Also the the default ArmA2 laser designators are sort blech. A good FIST needs a nice laser suite.

Oooops my bad :S

Hammerhead is looking pretty smashing though!!

Kiowa and FISTV... Awesome.

Also I am going to be doing an M7 BFIST as well (that is really easy, its like one extra sensor on the top of a Bradley and tweaking the TOW launcher. :p I just have to dig through the ACEX repos to pull out our old Brad models since we use OAs now.

Forward observing ftw.