Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Holy image size Batman! Might want to resize that before a mod gets to it.

Real nice work, love the details.

Woah nice dark labour....Are you planning on making it an animated replacement for the salvage vehicle... Or repair truck? Maybe a combo of the two..

Thanks!

We'll see what A3 will bring us, but yeah!

A fully fonctional recovery vehicule would be awesome! :mwah:

You could just get it to play an animation that swings the crane around when its fixing/recovering stuff no? Or use it as a salvage truck for warfare...

model looks cool. GJ Delta Hawk! The textures seem a little oversaturated tho.

Thanks. Besides it being a little bit oversaturated, do you notice anything else that might not quiet right with it?

5898386288_59c5dc7628_z.jpg

5898387864_14002221de_z.jpg

Mowag-built Eagle IV APV as used by German Bundeswehr. Currently weighting in at 9795 Points or 8982 Faces and 3 Sections 2048x2048px each. Next up is the exterior model for the Eagle IV BAT.

Advanced Combat Sound Environment - Distance specific firing sound demonstration:

wBdh4gJwb-8

Idea:

- get rid of BIS sound system limitations and shortcomings,

- fix Speed of Sound problems,

- add more variability to the sounds heard ingame depending on distance,

- work clientside,

- use different sound when using ACE earplugs,

- automatically detect 3rd party mods/weapons with custom sounds and let them be

- possible compatibility/integration to Dynamic Sound System (DSS) with echo and reverberation simulation.

Are you taking the blastcore approach with scripting and eventhandlers?

Yes, its a scripted system.

I'll open a thread for it soon with more info.

Edited by tpM

make it not only ace plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

well considering he is familiar with ace, and if i am correct, he works with or at least alongside ace, and probably uses ace, so it kinda makes sense for him to make it for ace.

Advanced Combat Sound Environment - Distance specific firing sound demonstration:

wBdh4gJwb-8

Idea:

- get rid of BIS sound system limitations and shortcomings,

- fix Speed of Sound problems,

- add more variability to the sounds heard ingame depending on distance,

- work clientside,

- use different sound when using ACE earplugs,

- automatically detect 3rd party mods/weapons with custom sounds and let them be

- possible compatibility/integration to Dynamic Sound System (DSS) with echo and reverberation simulation.

Awesome, very awesome.

If this works out as intended then JSRS just got a new rival for me :D.

tmP me and a friend tried (probably) the same, with particles and logics that are being spawned, setPos and then say a sound. Works and sounds good in a per-frame environment with like 6 people, but if there are more than 20 shooting at the same time, performace drops immensely. Not speaking of huge 100unit battles...

Be careful with those damn scripts... :-/

Anyway - cant wait for the stuff.

Edited by megagoth1702

Dont worry, its not done with particles nor say command. Sure it wont be for those 1000 player battles, but it can handle ~60 simultaneously fired shots in hearing range.

Will it be open source in your thread? Interested... I wanna know what we did wrong. :)

Well I think you have to be patient and wait for the release, but after that you and other soundmodders can adopt the system and config their own sounds.

I'm not even interested in adopting, I dont really have the time and will to pick up arma2 modding again. My "work space" folder has not been touched forever now.

I just wanna look at how you did it, what you did different, kinda "get it" and get on with my life. Ask around, I am no dick who would publicly put stuff that is not open for public yet. :)