Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Looks good! Would you be able to point out/write a quick and dirty tutorial on the process to accomplish this? Not asking for something that teaches animation, just the process to get it in-game from third party software. Thanks. :)

Abs

The anim looks very good, just need to make his body move a little bit.

I think when he turns his head with his arm, his head should lead.

I think that animation looks really great and no one would complain about turning the head. And if you're going to make the pilot animation as well, don't forget, they have their hands on the dashboard while launching. As seen here:

Fox - looking good :) Textures seem a bit washed out to me (same on your recently released SF) - might be a matter of personal taste, but where did the green in the 3-color desert go? Kneepads are also so worn I'd worry about using them IRL ;)

JDog - I'm going to echo a lot of what Max Power said a couple pages back, I think the biggest issue with the animation currently is that movements are too precise and static. It's too precise and exact to the point where it's almost robotic.

Don't be afraid to exaggerate movements, even when he is supposed to stand still, as Max said - most of the ArmA 2 anims already do this for readability. Also keep in mind that IRL these guys are bouncing around on a pitching deck so exaggerated movements wouldn't be too far fetched. Here is some reference:

Good job on doing follow-throughs on movement - I was actually going to point some stuff out like bouncing back up when he kneels down, but you've already seen and done that. :) Just in general make sure that he's always moving and rocking, even have him adjust his stance a little as if to keep on falling over if that's what is required. The little knee kick at the beginning of the video from the other animation is a good example of what I'm talking about.

I'm also going to direct you to this: http://www.siggraph.org/education/materials/HyperGraph/animation/character_animation/principles/lasseter_s94.htm#moving%20holds just as a reinforcement of what I mean if it's not clear

Great job on the animations so far - must've taken a lot of innovation to get to this point - and I don't mean to trivialize what you've done. These are just suggestions to take it to the next level; I'm by no means an animator, but it's what I see with my untrained eyes ;)

Contrails, yea actually the whole reason he's appears static is cuz he actually is lol. I haven't toyed with or attempted to figure out what all the stuff in animation configs do yet, just have enough to get it to play one. For that video I literally use "enableSimulation false" which freezes him entirely, until ready to play the next animation. That way he doesn't go back into the default resting pose. If I figure out how to keep him in the position the animation ends without literally freezing him in place in I can fix that.

In other news... I decided to fire up Max for the first time in months and attempt to add to the carrier itself. I quickly discovered that after using so much Maya I've lost the ability to reliably control the camera in Max (not to mention keep hitting all the wrong shortcuts) haha so... gotta start playing with it again, cuz I find modeling in Maya isn't as accesible.

i would give this plug an 8 there :P

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/plugins/mems-max2maya-maya-viewport-navigation-in-3ds-max

i personally hate when i need to switch through different applications, even if those are designed by the same ppl. *autocad(at least the viewport controls are similar to max), max, maya...

At least mudbox and even modo allows you to change the viewport controls to fit other software...

'93 delta.. Lots of placeholders.

You need to stop using Dslyexci's face on these units. I already see him behind every bush/tree/lightpost/crest/BMP.

You need to stop using Dslyexci's face on these units. I already see him behind every bush/tree/lightpost/crest/BMP.

I can't help it , i have a mancrush on him.

I can't help it ' date=' i have a mancrush on him.[/quote']

umadbro?

Nice looking helmet on the models Fox, is it remodelled from the SF helmet from A1 or is it completely new? Anyway, always liked the look of it (even though I have no idea what its called!)

BTW: Nice avatar pic Bink!

Nice looking helmet on the models Fox, is it remodelled from the SF helmet from A1 or is it completely new? Anyway, always liked the look of it (even though I have no idea what its called!)

BTW: Nice avatar pic Bink!

Yeah remodeled, re uvmapped and then baked an AO map

'93 delta.. Lots of placeholders.

Looks good, but just give him some black shine boots, and a DCU top instead of the current top. Maybe some DBDU pouches and other equipment would be nice.

I'd say it was one of those mini-diggers if i hadn't seen that last image, not a mine-clearing-thingy.

Particulary you were right, BOŽENA (czech women name BTW) is built on Locust 1203 chasis.

Haven't done anything in terms of modding in ages (last things I did were for OFP still.. )..

But this morning I read an article about the KA-26 helicopter and remembered I had done a reskin and some mods on an old KA-26 in OFP.. I remembered that I had never released it, partially because it didn't have a cockpit.

So I searched for a cockpit picture and started making a texture.. This is how far I got after half a day's work:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/FW200/Ka26-7.jpg

As soon as I can find my old PC I might try and find out if the KA-26 is still alive :) Then I have to get used to modeling again.. O2 light was a long time ago :p

Particulary you were right, BOŽENA (czech women name BTW) is built on Locust 1203 chasis.

Can't believe i actually got that one right.

As long as you can shred mines in it i'll definately DL it when/if you release it :D