Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Mondkalb, this is amazing and I think that this project very promising!

Mondkalb, may the Gilmore Girls break down your door and hand feed you cake!

Dayum, I could get used to that. Are they clothed or naked?

You dudes know more about them than I do. :rolleyes:

I wonder how that can be... anyways:

Made an "offical" thread for the project:

Clicky

modo_2011_06_04_19_32_27_08.png

modo_2011_06_04_19_32_41_63.png

been working on more vests. I really think that a modular system for characters is so much more convenient than the 'norm' which is usually having the vest attached to the body, with nothing underneath. I wonder if you could even go so far as to give the ability to take off vests in-game using proxies or something for certain scenarios, which would be an cool thing to have.

I really think that a modular system for characters is so much more convenient than the 'norm' which is usually having the vest attached to the body, with nothing underneath. I wonder if you could even go so far as to give the ability to take off vests in-game using proxies or something for certain scenarios, which would be an cool thing to have.

Well, if you can find a way to do it where the vest is weighted so it doesn't clip through the body, I'm hella keen.

Cripes, just how large is that map? Really like the varied terrain.

Well, if you can find a way to do it where the vest is weighted so it doesn't clip through the body, I'm hella keen.

if you weight it similarly to the body you rarely see major issues. I also make the vest thick inside and a little outside (although not something too noticeable) , and that keeps most of it just to edges, which again is barely noticeable and looks fine.

my main problem with weighting the vest along with the body is that the body stretches a lot on the back when the arms are in firing or odd positions, and with the vest separate i can have it stretch all it needs so the arms are nice and clean. I'm sure there are different ways to do it but I find separating them does it the best. See the OA us army units, the back of the shoulders become quite deformed

Edited by Fox '09

Yeah, that dodgy stretch at the back of the shoulders has been one of the many banes of my existence since Armed Assault days.

Well, I'd have to see the guys ingame to make a judgement re: clipping, but you must also remember that you will have problems with ambient shadow maps if you make the vest seperate (and able to be taken off). I suppose this could be ameliorated by simply baking the _AS maps with the unit's vest removed, at the cost of the (small) effect that the _AS map provides.

Been working a lot on our new soldiers this past week for Swedish Army Mod. Base-model is done and ingame with proper animations and all (Except for the boots which are gonna be replaced later on), and a first set of pockets/gear yet to be implemented through O2. I'm gonna catch up with the textures and a helmet next week. Goal is to have 100% original material for our project :)

bissoldwip1.jpg

bissoldwip2.jpg

sweet stuff Mr. Bravo! seems everyones moving to the modeled on pockets for their units ;).

@dennisjegart

Great, finally the M548 makes it's appearance (FFAA mod had one, or not?)

If I just may make an observation: By the first glance it looks a bit too high, don't you think? Seems like getting the section marked yellow would do the trick.

ztu3pu1.th.jpg250px-Minenwerfer_Skorpion_04.JPG

The Pedagne mod has one, and there might be several other versions in another upcoming mod...

(I only recently found out they had a version that could launch a Pershing with a 100kt nuke.)

:D

The vertical section, with the headlights, is too tall. Shrink it down and reduce the diameter of the headlights. The door should be level with the bottom edge of that area.

Mowag/GDALS Eagle IV armored vehicle:

58011830060b5b6b0738o.th.png

Edited by jagheterjan
Stupid flickr broke the thumbnail image