Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

well, you can use BIS unit's ( for the winter vest and combat boots ) and the I44 unit for the regular dress ( if you look to some picture they wear WW2 russian clothes ), and then adding a chest rig with only 3 pouches made in china ... don't yell at me okay people, i just say what i've seen on picture

I'll drive myself crazy if i start another project :o

Exactly. Fox should concentrate on the SF Pack. :p

No more additional projects. We are waiting for the AWESOME pack. :cool:

Regards,

Edited by BLAcKnight_PL

Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center (MCAGCC) 29 Palms, California (island):

I've been working on this for a very long time (off and on). I am getting close.

Here is the main photo page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aspenridge/

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3505/5780375422_7d9c7c1dd9_o.jpg (hopefully this one will link directly to a photo)

Edited by phaeden
incorrect html

Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center (MCAGCC) 29 Palms, California (island):

I've been working on this for a very long time (off and on). I am getting close.

Here is the main photo page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aspenridge/

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3505/5780375422_7d9c7c1dd9_o.jpg (hopefully this one will link directly to a photo)

That is a beautiful, mate! Finally great to see some new USA maps for a change. This'll be great for some World Invasion: Battle Los Angeles-type missions where you have to defend the base from alien invaders. Anyway, keep up the great work and we'll all be looking forward to it. ;)

Started working on a Grip Pod. The model will probably be free for download.

Here's a rough render of the base model(no textures etc. yet):

gpswip.jpg

It's made in Autodesk Inventer, a CAD program mainly for the mechanical engineering branche.

The files it creates are solids, but are easily importable in 3ds Max and thus in O2.

What do you think:)

Edited by Lennard

Great work, Lennard. I always thought about the idea of doing stand-alone attachments.

I'm not much of a fan of the GripPod, because it's bipod looks too.. narrow. I prefer much more the T-POD ;)

But, personnal opinions apart, keep up the great job!

Here's a WIP video of my latest project called "Window of opportunity".

It is basically an RTS for Arma2, intended to be played in small groups in either coop or "pvp". More details and functions are explained and shown during the video.

MSQMp9ewUrY

I'm working on some North Koreans

But I have a problem. These are johncage's addons but he's been suspended and I cant find another way of getting a hold of him. Colonel Stagler did the equipment, vest and hat (Can PM him no problems)

Sarmat Studios did the collar and ushanka models and textures (Might be a bit more tricky unless someone knows who to ask) Basicly without johncage am I screwed?

What reference photographs are you guys basing these on?

Holy h*ll Mondkalb! Make a dedicated development thread (unless you have one already). That is awesome stuff.

Edit:

- Ability to string together waypoints?

- Fog of war?

- Roles for other players? heroes?

- Flags or 'banners' ala company of heroes/Dawn of war2-- to indicate where a unit is and current status.

- Simple reinforcement solution. 'refill' a squad.

- "Off map" air/artillery/reinforcement strikes as abilities?

- This is cool stuff!

-k

Edited by NkEnNy

Nope, you are not even close

Holy Dante's Seven Hells!!!!

Wonderful

No wonder that some of the things than can be seen here can make a man turn gay

What reference photographs are you guys basing these on?

Well I'm working on it on my own and the only reference pics I've found are either border guards who don't wear vests or parades where they don't wear vests. So I've gone out on a limb and assume they would wear these chicom style vests if there was any actual fighting to be done.

Nice job Mondkalb, it's remind me of what Faguss is working on with OFP engine. This engine is bloody versatile.

pgxkPRT8AjA

Well I'm working on it on my own and the only reference pics I've found are either border guards who don't wear vests or parades where they don't wear vests. So I've gone out on a limb and assume they would wear these chicom style vests if there was any actual fighting to be done.

Okay, makes sense. They'd probably wear some Chinese or old Soviet equipment into battle. Reference photographs of DPRK soldiers in full combat gear are hard to come by since they are usually photographed only when on parade. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't wear their dress uniforms into battle, and I know for a fact they use certain camouflage patterns on their battle uniforms.

Make a goddamn backup!

Mondkalb, i always love your videos and addons. rts addon looks sweet, i can't wait!

Here's a WIP video of my latest project called "Window of opportunity".

It is basically an RTS for Arma2, intended to be played in small groups in either coop or "pvp". More details and functions are explained and shown during the video.

:yay: .... I just about wet myself :)

This is exactly what I have been looking for, as I have been playing COH recently too, cannot wait to get my hands on this :) Please allow some leverage for SP modes and also some High Command support in some ways (if needed).

Would there also be flexibility for addons / ACE and also ability to switch into first person to command a squad/jump into a squad?

BTW great use of the word "Cock" in that video :)

Edited by mrcash2009

Sweet Mondkalb! I might want to play arma again with this :D

No wonder that some of the things than can be seen here can make a man turn gay

Me trollin' you worked. Yay!

Would there also be flexibility for addons / ACE

I'm keeping it as versatile as possible. Modifying the buildiable units is done by simply altering one file. Adding new buildings/build-options is a bit tricky, but with basic knowledge and clean Copy&Paste it shouldn't be that hard.

This will definitely come in a A2, OA and one I44 version.

and also ability to switch into first person to command a squad/jump into a squad?

Currently you can just leave the command-overlay and walk around and participate in combat, but I'm not sure whether it would be wise for the gameplay, if the commanders could take control of squads.

BTW great use of the word "Cock" in that video :)

The BBC is not censoring it, so it must be used. :eek:

BTW: Should I create a dedicated thread for this in a subforum? I'm not sure though which one. It's not really a pure addon, more like a script suite with a single addon. So it doesn't really fit into A&M-Discussion, on the other hand, a WIP-Thread in the User missions forum is also bad. Ideas?

BTW: Should I create a dedicated thread for this in a subforum? I'm not sure though which one. It's not really a pure addon, more like a script suite with a single addon. So it doesn't really fit into A&M-Discussion, on the other hand, a WIP-Thread in the User missions forum is also bad. Ideas?

A&M discussion is the place to be IMO. Any more cakes ?

Edited by ProfTournesol

Currently you can just leave the command-overlay and walk around and participate in combat, but I'm not sure whether it would be wise for the gameplay, if the commanders could take control of squads.
Id say it would be the best thing to come with it based on RTS/FPS in one hit :)

Im unsure technicality wise, but for example like Warfare I have my own team that I can recruit, the RTS element I "jump" to from commander on the ground to manage/micro manage (or simply stay out of whole battle and RTS to my hearts content) .. then switch to my team to follow into battle and take part.

In a way I was kind of referring to your RTS interface as an extension or alternate option to High Command use, instead of using High command way of controlling others its switched "into" your RTS interface mode and then yours takes over.

So then you have option to play RTS only or instead of being part of it your commander on the ground to join in and battle too.

Again, easy for me to say, not to implement, but then I maybe missing something if this is kind of how it works anyway.

Maybe not jump to squads your micro managing but at least as controller and commander ability to have a squad of your own and recruit-able units into your "commander squad" so you can also command on the ground in flip into RTS mode on-the-fly and also "go FPS" :)

Either way just the way you have the interface and the camera operation is something I was hoping BIS would implement in High Command, so that alone of what your doing is superb.

Edited by mrcash2009