Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

True - never really noticed that. I'll see what I can do, although it'll be hard to edit the normal and keep it looking decent. To be honest, I don't really know too much about the gear - just based everything off references I found and the original model. Just did a quick google search on CCUs - they aren't as common as the general DCU design, right?

EDIT - actually I should have read more - what bink et al did on the models look like CCUs - which I guess are early 2000s designs that the ACU later picked up on... not too sure about how common\differences between the DCU (by which I assume you mean older gear), but the model is accurate to them

(the bottom pocket is there)

CCUs were precursors to the ACU, they were made in 2003 and 2004 for use in iraq, and other purposes, Before then there was experimental uniforms which were not much different.

some pics

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_xXziwkfbBpA/SpJJHYr8BkI/AAAAAAAADO8/GyKj33pYGYg/CHIEF_AND_RODGERS.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_xXziwkfbBpA/So2ypAm95XI/AAAAAAAAC7w/JY6wfWYg_j8/s912/prisonner%203.jpg

urban track:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_xXziwkfbBpA/SoXIfUEqDCI/AAAAAAAACs8/GPA2Mm9smOM/s576/468a_3.JPG

scorpion camo:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_xXziwkfbBpA/So2yaG6WWUI/AAAAAAAAC6k/oE9CeKJr4fk/s720/e4f7_3.jpg

It's very close to the ACU, so if anything compare it to the ACU, not the BDU cut.

Shoulder pockets have a slit in the middle, very tight pockets and velcro sometimes comes loose cause of the slit, i think that was improved during a later iteration where the was no slit

breast pockets were tilted 90 degrees inwards with tabs

pen pockets had 2 slots instead of 3

and other small changes but mostly the same as the ACU..

Edited by Fox '09

CCUs? Aren't they just ACUs; just not in UCP/OCP?

EDIT: Never mind. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

No, they differ, pocket dimensions are not the same as well as the differences I posted above

No' date=' they differ, pocket dimensions are not the same as well as the differences I posted above[/quote']

Oh, yeah. You're right. The front pockets are still vertical like on the BDU/DCU/DBDU and not slanted inward like on the ACU/MCCUU.

Anyway, most regular frontline U.S. Army soldiers still wore the BDU/DCU until both were replaced by the ACU in early-to-mid 2006.

Edited by Laqueesha

Not quite they open at a 90 degree slant where the acu is 45 degrees slant.

Regardless ccus were only used in 2003 and 2004 scaresly for evaluation

A 90 degree slant? That is vertical. :p

Edited by Laqueesha

Its all relative , mistake on my part. I linked photos anyway so those should do

German ALADIN control unit's laptop. Gimme cookies, I solved the puzzle!

*gives cookie to Jester* Now get back working on your Eagle ;)

Hm, looking good so far... What i don't like are the side covers as they are right now. Shouldn't they be made out of cotton or sth and attached to moveable sticks at the upper end of the base?

Look familiar?

01t.jpg

Click for bigger

Abs

hhmmmmmm:confused:

old Rainbow six:confused:?

hhmmmmmm:confused:

old Rainbow six:confused:?

We have a winner. :)

I was bored while working night-shift, so I reinstalled the original Rainbow Six. After playing it with the bad graphics, I wondered what it would look like in A2.

Abs

héhé:D

it reminds me of long game, it would be nice to have him as an object, it would be really good for CQB

Well, so far I'm looking to comletely duplicate the first level of R6, and I was thinking of placing it as a building on a custom made island. Right now it's really high poly, and it doesn't even have an interior yet. I think if it were placed as an object on another map it could potentially cause lag, but of course that will require testing once it's completed. :)

Abs

awesome, hope you manage to get it in game, i'd be all over it.

awesome' date=' hope you manage to get it in game, i'd be all over it.[/quote']

Know of any R6 style units?

Abs

Know of any R6 style units?

Abs

I'll drive myself crazy if i start another project :o

but these may of interest http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=116325 to you

here's some stuff i've been working on,

image.png

image.png

weighting it has been a challenge (the blanket) , but i think i like the result.. still not done weighting.

Regardless ccus were only used in 2003 and 2004 scaresly for evaluation

Some of us made our own by buying extra pants and having tailors remove the cargo pocket and attaching it to the shoulder sleeves. This was 1000x more common than an actual CCU uniform.

I didn't know Dslyecxi was a special forces soldier. Or, was that Maruk? :D

I'm working on some North Koreans

arma2OA2011-05-3115-33-22-44.jpg?t=1306852535

arma2OA2011-05-3115-32-28-28.jpg?t=1306852528

arma2OA2011-05-3115-31-43-41.jpg?t=1306852526

(Forgot about AA before taking SS)

But I have a problem. These are johncage's addons but he's been suspended and I cant find another way of getting a hold of him.

Colonel Stagler did the equipment, vest and hat (Can PM him no problems)

Sarmat Studios did the collar and ushanka models and textures (Might be a bit more tricky unless someone knows who to ask)

Basicly without johncage am I screwed?