Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

What I meant is the cadpat pattern itself' date=' the 4 color 'digital' pattern used in marpat, not the colors themselves. The spacing of the pattern could be improved though.[/quote']

If you want some CADPAT samples, I think I still have a few I made for ONS still lying around on my hard drive somewhere.

Abs

If that's user-made digital camo, then it's the best I've spotted.
yeah, it uses smart objects inside smart objects inside another smart object (true story). It's composed of a bunch of rectangles that look like ucp... The edges are rounded and .. It works pretty well. The only problem is giving the photo effect.. grain, blur..
If you want some CADPAT samples, I think I still have a few I made for ONS still lying around on my hard drive somewhere.

Abs

(snipped)

thanks dude

Edited by Fox '09

You can draw perpendicular lines in Autocad very fast, so I recommend that to create the pattern if you want it less rounded.

New FCS for the M109A6 pally. Sounds are still WIP which is my part of the project.

vCSMun_UcuM

5646068591_8b32731f46.jpg

GBU-31(v)2/B Joint Direct Attack Munition kit w/ BLU-117/B Penetrator boom package. Just a lil' something I'd like to mate with Myke's Missile Box later on. Not pictured: Some random bits of hardware here and there and a decent paintjob.

I think the bump map is too deep and the bumps are too large. The bomb seems nicely modeled, though. If you agree with my critique, I would suggest first just lowering the intensity and seeing how that looks.

Thanks Theo, constructive criticism is always very welcomed! The bump right now is just some quick procedural noise I slapped on the warhead to mimmick the heat-ablative coating as seen on the not-so-ancient USN ordnance. I'll definately have come back to fiddle with the bump and diffuse info before I can bake that thing down.

Edited by jagheterjan
Fixed that typo.

Huh. I always wondered what that was. I thought that bombs were just really crudely casted because they are 100% intended to be totally destroyed, so crafting them with greater than the minimum care is pointless.

Huh. I always wondered what that was. I thought that bombs were just really crudely casted because they are 100% intended to be totally destroyed, so crafting them with greater than the minimum care is pointless.

Yea, USN dumb bombs have that ablative coating for fire resistance if there is a deck or ordinance fire on the carrier. USAF weapons do not have that coating.

Interesting!

With that in mind, disregard my crit. Your bump is of good strength. You can possibly get the spackled texture by combining your current texture with something derived from inverted hemlock tree bark, douglas fir bark, or wood grain, or stucco siding.

Edited by Max Power

This is a Marine I made for a class assignment in less than three weeks. Would anybody be interested in working together, mostly rigging and config work on your part and me modeling and texturing in order to bring back 85', 90's and early 00' US Army, Marine, AF and Navy? They're all basically the same character with slightly different gear.

preview1-1.jpg

Started out just trying to add the ACE FCS to it, went a bit OTT :j:

w5ThufVJHWE

New FCS for the M109A6 pally. Sounds are still WIP which is my part of the project.

vCSMun_UcuM

Real cool! Good work on the Paladin and its systems. Nice targetting computer looks like the real thing!

This is a Marine I made for a class assignment in less than three weeks. Would anybody be interested in working together, mostly rigging and config work on your part and me modeling and texturing in order to bring back 85', 90's and early 00' US Army, Marine, AF and Navy? They're all basically the same character with slightly different gear.

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab202/themethodbehindthemadness/preview1-1.jpg

Very nice. I hope someone helps you out.

Started out just trying to add the ACE FCS to it, went a bit OTT :j:

Looking really good there Dave :)

to deviate from my regular sof units, here are some 1993 gothic serpent rangers. in the works

image.png

image.png

No shoulder straps yet, gona add them soon. (and to those who don't know, there was no back plate pouch in the original rba variant, unlike the movie)

edit:

head texture by lennard :)

Edited by Fox '09

I am just working on new policemen for a second addon pack

policepilotsax.th.jpgpolicemanhh.th.jpgpolicemanvest.th.jpggsg9operator2005.th.jpgweaponsf.th.jpg

also included

W3 Helicopter

Thanks to vilas for his models

Edited by Marseille77

I am just working on new policemen for a second addon pack Thanks to vilas for his models

Just out of curiosity, is that a helicopter pilot helmet the GSG-9 bloke's wearing?

to deviate from my regular sof units' date=' here are some 1993 gothic serpent rangers.

head texture by lennard :)[/quote']

Will there be a PASGT helmet in DBDU camouflage? :D

Will there be a PASGT helmet in DBDU camouflage? :D

for sure

Just out of curiosity, is that a helicopter pilot helmet the GSG-9 bloke's wearing?

The helicopter pilot helmet is just the base for the helmet. On the picture I had not edit the smdi and nohq texture. There also have no visor. Some GSG men not needed this visor (snipers, vehicle gun operators)

Here the original Helmet - he is called Ulbricht Helm

http://www.bestprotection.de/shop/Korperschutzsysteme/Schutzhelme/Schutzhelme-SEK-MEK-GSG9/ballistischer-Schutzhelm-AM95-SEK-MEK-GSG9-seo.html#

Next step will be a guy of the 9. Volkspolizei-Kompanie, the East German counterpart of GSG9

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diensteinheit_IX

Thanks IceBreakr

Here a first WIP pic of the East German Service Unit IX Operator...

three operators in standard vests

Operators in action with total camo smock

9vpkoperator.th.jpg

Operator with ground standard vest and helmet.

On the pics that I've found for this unit used two different mission smocks. The base of clothing and equipment are by the NVA paratroopers. The helmet has has a striking similarity to the russian special forces model. On some pics in the internet sometimes GSG9 men wearing this helmet... ;)

Edited by Marseille77

Marseille77 some very impressive models there.