Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

They look more like U.S. Army reskinned with MARPAT.

agreed.

Make pouches Coyote Brownp

Wouldn't do much as the USMC doesn't use IOTVs, but rather MTVs, SPCs and IBAs. But, the BIS USMC would make a good base model and going on from there. ;)

I know... But of hes going to make a retex he might as well make the vest brown as to represent the MTV. I haven't seen an MTV with marpat pouches...

I know... But of hes going to make a retex he might as well make the vest brown as to represent the MTV. I haven't seen an MTV with marpat pouches...

he could just retex the default BIS USMC guys from A2.

I think it's more about having USMC for standalone OA...

The textures are still WiP hence being in the Wip thread :) This simply gives people without CO the chance to have some marines... Or US army in disguise. I got bored and wanted to make something. I can keep them for myself if no one likes them :p

imo the best choice would be using the arma 1 marines and porting them over, they're actually pretty decent. duno if they're included with the arma 1 mlods

One day I shall learn how to port things and maybe even model myself but one step at a time. And anyways textures are so much easier :D

imo the best choice would be using the arma 1 marines and porting them over' date=' they're actually pretty decent. duno if they're included with the arma 1 mlods[/quote']

Fox '09, you bloody genius. ;)

Just a little something im working on :p

A Static A319 which is fully walkable etc, which will be used for Hostage Situations :)

I really like what I see so far konyo, the A319 textures could be easily converted to those of British Airways, AirBerlin, Scandinavian Airlines amongst many others. Great job so far :)

Thats wha a marine is, aint it? :P

incorrect on many levels ..

model accuracy: marines wear MTVs or SPCs , maybe still IBAs, never in the history of the USMC have they ever used the IOTV.

texture accuracy: marines wear MCCUU or FROG cut uniforms, not ACU.

the realism aspect in general: go figure from the first point

the real life 'situation' : obviously false

I don't get how you arrived on the conclusion, but regardless it's still nice to have plenty of options - fictional / inaccurate or not. It depends what the user might want and what audience the author is targeting (ie realism comm unites or the average player) in the end anyway :)

I think he was kidding what with the tongue smiley and all that.

I really like what I see so far konyo, the A319 textures could be easily converted to those of British Airways, AirBerlin, Scandinavian Airlines amongst many others. Great job so far :)

Thanks for the feedback belgerot :) yeah I'm planning to have more than 1 texture on there, hopefully ones like British Airways etc. Been adding lights to it today so if people use it in the dark it has all the landing lights etc. Just a few other things to tidy up, textures, modeling and it should be released. Won't be too long though :D

Compass replacement ive been working on . I know its not true to life ' Silva ' compass , but its in a similar style.

buldozer201104121309529.th.png

took a break from my main projects ..

thought I'd try making desert all over brush pattern into CADPAT form

image.png

image.png

colors still not right, but so far I'm pretty happy with the overall shape. the edges could be less rounded.. I think it looks pretty cool, something different than multicam that works well.

and some work for anzac mod

Capture.png

Capture2.png

What cadpat are you doing?

Arid cadpat has no green in it and temperate cadpat has no tan.

The cadpat pattern is also more broken up and smaller than you have. Also, the cut and pockets of the uniform is much different.

I really like the texture of the uniform. Very nice.

Edited by Max Power

What I meant is the cadpat pattern itself, the 4 color 'digital' pattern used in marpat, not the colors themselves. The spacing of the pattern could be improved though.

took a break from my main projects ..

thought I'd try making desert all over brush pattern into CADPAT form

http://s2.postimage.org/28raf2010/image.png

http://s2.postimage.org/28rc2lcis/image.png

colors still not right' date=' but so far I'm pretty happy with the overall shape. the edges could be less rounded.. I think it looks pretty cool, something different than multicam that works well.[/quote']

This would be a great camo for a takistani national army. :D