Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

They posted in the same minute. I doubt he saw Blinks post. :)

Looking good though. Have you decided which of your forces will use it?

I think the texturing is coming along alright. I've found that a problem with using such a big texture map is that you have to get in pretty close to see the details. At least it allows for a large size contrast between the details and the details and the helicopter itself. Some of the panels themselves (even in this photo screen shot) are not 100% accurate. I did the best I could working from photos, and bought a model and realised some of them weren't quite correct. I fixed what I could, but to be honest I wasted enough time already trying to put every bolt and screw on :p

AH-1_engine.jpg

I used some scale model painting tutorials to guide the painting of this one. I've got most of the balance issues sorted out but once it's in the super shader I'm sure I'll have plenty more to do. This shader, for instance, doesn't have a gloss map channel. I wanted to give this helicopter a used look, and I used different layers of 'paint' of different ages and specularities. There is some sun fading, off colour touch ups, and some slightly more glossy paint that looks kind of like they used it to help seal some panels in the reference I was using. I also did some exhaust staining, heat fatigue (which you can see), and dust collecting in the cracks.

Edited by Max Power

Max, that looks awesome, model, textures just everything. except those jagged edges in viewport ;) same problem for me..

Those textures are spot on. All that's missing is some oil, hydrolic fluid stains, and some grease pencil marks. I remember striping those screws and chipping the paint (and knuckles) when we had to open them.

Those textures are spot on. All that's missing is some oil, hydrolic fluid stains, and some grease pencil marks. I remember striping those screws and chipping the paint (and knuckles) when we had to open them.

I wondered what those stains were. I was contemplating whether or not they just hosed the helicopters down once in a while and were frequently photographed in the process of drying or what was going on until I read some mention of 'fuel stains'. Then I began to wonder how they managed to spray fuel all over the helicopter and on the panel gaps when the actual gas cap is on the other side of the helicopter entirely!

Fuel gets all over the birds. Mostly its hydraulic fluid from switching out parts and lubricating stuff.

They're back:

5533776717_68c0b1ab31_m.jpg 232 kb

-Made some major improvements on models and texturing.

-Improvements and revisions to scripts and effects as a whole.

-Also adding to other Planes with multiple configs to work with addons individually. (Will be limited to 3 Non-BIS ArmA 2 / OA Fixed wing aircraft on release)

Example, lets add the bombs to the ANZAC F-111F and let the Ai have a go with my "Lay-z-or":

S18y1xxeZCs&hd=1

Sound effects are a work in progress at the moment.

Edited by NutzMcKracken
img changes

Still no posting from our 'firing from inside/on' vehicles that is back around page 496ish. Anybody know the author as WE NEED IT!

Still no posting from our 'firing from inside/on' vehicles that is back around page 496ish. Anybody know the author as WE NEED IT!

spam-museum.jpg

It's a Shacktac script. I've seen similar things, like being able to walk around in a C-130 that's flying, by Shacktac or Shacktac members. As some of these things are a year old or older, I'll go out on a limb and say they are private scripts used by their group only.

Hell, I know a RolePlay server/group that uses my LCU with a script that lets them attach vehicles. I let them know who I was, and asked if it would be possible for me to get the script so I could release an updated version of the LCU, with it built in, and I was told to "fuck off".

So they create epic gameplay features and then put it in a locker and then weld the sides of it...:glare:

Icebreakr: very nice!

Edited by ziiip

Perhaps we could continue Kremator's discussion in the Addon Request Thread where it belongs? As if developers don't get bothered enough with 'when will it be out?' in their own threads, now we've seen fit to bother them when they haven't even made a thread for their addon yet. Way to suck.

Edited by Max Power

It's a Shacktac script. I've seen similar things, like being able to walk around in a C-130 that's flying, by Shacktac or Shacktac members.

Shame that some things are left private, however I understand. It would be nice, considering people said that firing from vehicles COULDN'T be done, to give an inkling to others so that they may help the community.

and Max ... wind yer neck in mate.

Kremator your the one that needs to pull ya head in... this is the WiP thread, you have any WiPs to show atm? no? ok then go to the addon request thread.. problem solved... now everyone shut up and keep making addons...

I was told to "fuck off".

Yeah, but the other day, Sekra told you to 'fuck off' when all you said was 'hi'. :D

So they create epic gameplay features and then put it in a locker and then weld the sides of it...:glare:

Maybe, but it isn't the first time that particular feature has been touted so they are not the first to reveal the possibility. Vague memories about the traffic it creates making MP play kind of difficult So unless you can control pings, or go LAN it's kind of useless.

Enough offtopic: if I can get my Photoshop working ill start work on a new texture for the LCU.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Just a little something im working on:

NAF_RLS_P-37_Bar_Lock.jpg

RLS P-37 Bar Lock Radar

Edited by R0adki11