Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

I'm not talking about a shrapnel system for explosions, I meant a highly limited system supplementing the current damage radius of explosives, thereby extending their potential reach out to realistic distances.

Even a lowly M67 can kill at 200m if you're really, really unlucky, and this is a factor in safety precautions.

NouberNou mentioned that he has been killed by flying ricochets at distance even though the WiPs on his youtube account only create short-range fragments. So if you only modeled the most dangerous fragments, and gave them a flat trajectory, there would be an actual danger of being hit. If you are standing just outside the damage radius, ten fragments in a 360 degree arc would be nothing to sneeze at. It would make people run and hide from their satchels.

I am currently re-evaluating the way I am doing shrapnel since it creates a lot of network load. It might come down to a statistical/pseudo-random implementation, or a combination there of (like statistically what chance do you have of being hit with shrapnel at this distance, how much, etc, then spawning a few bits of shrapnel pointed at that person/object to simulate the "statistically probable" pieces).

Its going to be a bitch though either way, but yea, the damage sphere is just not that good of a solution for anything realistic. :p

smookie that's very very bad , i hate it ! ahah no it's a joke it's perfect i love it.

One question of my friend , does it change the accuracy ? or it's just a replacement of the crouch position ?

It's not a replacement, at the moment its assigned to ingame controls key combination. I set the accuracy to that of prone position.

yeah really good ;) if you want any beta tester .... you know where i am ;)

I am currently re-evaluating the way I am doing shrapnel since it creates a lot of network load. It might come down to a statistical/pseudo-random implementation, or a combination there of (like statistically what chance do you have of being hit with shrapnel at this distance, how much, etc, then spawning a few bits of shrapnel pointed at that person/object to simulate the "statistically probable" pieces).

Its going to be a bitch though either way, but yea, the damage sphere is just not that good of a solution for anything realistic. :p

Sounds like a good call, get the probability that a unit 'may' be hit, then shoot some shrapnel in the general direction of the guy and see what sticks, roll of the dice

landmine is the vest is looking ok, the normal maps you create for it will make it though.

Question, is the vest model just sitting on the character or have you made cuts in to the model corresponding where the vest sits?

The cuts weren't made (yet). What I did is that I created the vest from scratch and placed it on the model (to see how it fits). The MLODs are done, and I am working on the normal maps. The creation process isn't what really concerns me, it's the implemention what is problematic in my eyes. You see, creating a model is OK until the part you have to put it in-game. There are a lot of new changes in ArmA 2 and they're pretty complicated. Now that is my major issue. Of course I will update these in the future. Thanks for the comment, any helping advices would be great (since I don't have any experiences concerning modelling - I am using the sample models configs, but I am having trouble with them too)!

Some more links from my ArmA (I intend to port the ceremonial uniform to ArmA2):

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd128/ICMDaKa/?action=view&current=gsfcer1.jpg

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd128/ICMDaKa/?action=view&current=untitled.jpg

P.S.: I know it is off-topic, but I'd like to ask you guys on how can I change my image size, so that I won't go above 100kb so that I won't have to link them, but post them instead.

Edited by Landmine

Thank you! Only if we could have access to all of ArmA 2 models.... hmmm :))

The dude with the shirt on.. jizzed.

the headmodel will be changable.. right?

Yep, I am not really used to ArmA2 non-headed modelling, so that is why it looks like that. :)

Looks like your pants leg normals are missing the kneepads... you can see the pocket outline through the diffuse kneepad. :) Keep it up!

Nevermind! Forgot something.

Edited by Max Power

+ a lot of more features;)

1. Love it and can't wait. The hop over animation is cool.

2. Is that fade?

I got this project donated several months ago. I'm looking now through the model and configs to make it work in A2.

pc9_1.jpg

pc9_2.jpg

Very nice Icebreaker, The super tucano is quite an elegant aircraft.

Its probably just the 'camera' angle, but it looks a little elongated

Very nice Icebreaker, The super tucano is quite an elegant aircraft.

Its probably just the 'camera' angle, but it looks a little elongated

PC-9M ;)

looking good ice :) if you need help with her just ask, i got some time lately

Damn super Tucano is the perfect aircraft for ArmAII I was thinking od making one myself... Its perfect for most sides in game...