Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Keep it simple mate, less of the photoshop filter rape, more showing off the units

They look rather nice, how far along are they?

Georgian Infantry ready, this weekend South Ossetian militia, then vehicles, if authors will agree, of course. Will be ACE only.

About PS, some of these screens are made for short story working as introduction. That's why they are stylized for eg. posters.

Georgian Infantry ready, this weekend South Ossetian militia, then vehicles, if authors will agree, of course. Will be ACE only.

About PS, some of these screens are made for short story working as introduction. That's why they are stylized for eg. posters.

And this has exactly what to do with a thread supposed to be used for WIP screens and related discussion?

Use your project thread for advertising your stuff, thanks.

I think the problem is that Marpat goes horizontally while your texture looks like the patterns are randomly oriented.

You are all probably bored to death of my Dragon videos lately, but here is pretty much what it will look like in its final state.

Integrated it with ACE fully (was a mission script the last two videos). The sights zoom is where I'm happy (technically it should be zoomed in a tiny bit more) and its correcting its flight path more realistically now (as far as I can tell).

Also replaced the AI version so it sounds like the Dragon when its flying (though it still moves like a TOW).

As you can see its pretty unwieldy! What an amazing piece of crap! :D

Hey! There was an actual shaped charge explosion when you hit the tank! Not a giant pixelated fireball with an exaggerated cloud of smoke. It looks excellent. Please tell me ACE is going to be doing this with all their HEAT weapons!

It behaves much better in flight now. Shame you got cut in half with a sabot at the end.

Edit: I was looking at your fragmentation videos on youtube and was thinking. It probably wouldn't be performance effective to add tons of shrapnel to all explosives, but if each warhead generated three or four fragments that shot out with low trajectories, landing far from the site of the blast, it would threaten players in the danger close zone, as a sort of stand-in for the fully-simulated large could of splinters.

Edited by maturin

The game already does that. Grenade blast zones have the ability to injure or kill you. That comes from the shrapnel.

The game already does that. Grenade blast zones have the ability to injure or kill you. That comes from the shrapnel.

No, what you have in-game is a magic force-field of numerically-determined damage that clips through cover. It's crap.

How is that supposed to model an RPG-7 warhead, which give off almost no shrapnel, except for a few large pieces that can be fatal to people standing 200m away?

You could drop a thousand GBU-12s on a house 150m away and be absolutely fine. In real life they would call danger close even if you were 600m away. If there was a risk in-game that a piece of something heavy and jagged would come bouncing along and cut your leg off, people wouldn't stand around to watch explosions like nonchalant action heroes. They would take cover.

If you want to do shrapnel system, having 3 or 4 pieces is as good as having none. Trust me, it's not viable. Unless you want to make the shrapnel act like a huge wooden block that will kill every one standing next to you or right behind you, then the force field system works very similarly to that.

The chances of someone being affected by the 3 or 4 dangerous shrapnel that are flung out is less than one percent. in other words, not something worth implementing.

it's a good idea, but the proposed implementation needs work.

If you want to do shrapnel system, having 3 or 4 pieces is as good as having none. Trust me, it's not viable. Unless you want to make the shrapnel act like a huge wooden block that will kill every one standing next to you or right behind you, then the force field system works very similarly to that.

The chances of someone being affected by the 3 or 4 dangerous shrapnel that are flung out is less than one percent. in other words, not something worth implementing.

it's a good idea, but the proposed implementation needs work.

I'm not talking about a shrapnel system for explosions, I meant a highly limited system supplementing the current damage radius of explosives, thereby extending their potential reach out to realistic distances.

Even a lowly M67 can kill at 200m if you're really, really unlucky, and this is a factor in safety precautions.

NouberNou mentioned that he has been killed by flying ricochets at distance even though the WiPs on his youtube account only create short-range fragments. So if you only modeled the most dangerous fragments, and gave them a flat trajectory, there would be an actual danger of being hit. If you are standing just outside the damage radius, ten fragments in a 360 degree arc would be nothing to sneeze at. It would make people run and hide from their satchels.

If a feature feels like it's not there 99 percent of the time, you really have to increase the likelihood of occurrence. That's all, really. Rare shrapnel injuries and deaths are kind of superfluous. I guess it's the kind of feature you'd like to see on the features list but will probably never experience. From a developer's standpoint, that's a bit iffy. Good luck to whoever wants to do it anyway.

with the happy new year wishes

BMP2M w.i.p. (not only added elements, but also changed turret sheets scheme)

Please do not quote images!

Hi myself chetan do you mind in uploading the non-binarised p3d model of bmp2m in case if you dont mind and its left to you that bmp2m is awsome:bounce3:

Edited by W0lle

Hi myself chetan do you mind in uploading the non-binarised p3d model of bmp2m in case if you dont mind and its left to you that bmp2m is awsome:bounce3:

why would he release the unbinarized version of a model...like ever?

Edited by PuFu

Its been a while since I've thrown my lot in here. I made this model to prove to myself I don't suck that bad at modeling...

Its a sub-d model that so far has ~500k polys. The game model is about 5,000 by comparison.

pdrwip.th.jpg

or Dropbox - if you're into that sort of thing :p

Magpul PDR

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7947922/PDR_wip.jpg

Edited by scubaman3D

looking good scuba, only issue I can see is the pinching coming off the butt pad. Also the 2 end pieces of the rail maybe rounded a little to much :D

Kanga;1870071']looking good scuba' date=' only issue I can see is the pinching coming off the butt pad. Also the 2 end pieces of the rail maybe rounded a little to much :D[/quote']

ha! good find - I didn't even notice that I forgot to add my loop slices to those end pieces.

True about the butt pad - I was looking at that also and I think I pretty much need to redo the geometry there to get rid of the pinching.

Question guys: I'm slowly working on a plane retex, but author (Rocket) failed to add a wreck to the model before I got a chance to ask for his MLOD. Is there anyway for me to add it, all I have is a ODOL p3d?

duala19ter1.jpg

+ a lot of more features;)

That looks very nice - great work :)

btw can you make better quality video next time

looking good smook, are you able to create a proper transition between the collapse and recover? the interpenetration and and limbs sliding back in to position looks a bit dodge.

Very Impressed to say the least, good to see some custom animations coming back. Can I asked what you used to make them?

@smookie very good , i really like the prone animation and the jump anim can you make a sniper animation seating ?

I can. In fact, I did it back in Operation Flashpoint already with reloading animation even, it was around 2004 I believe :) Anyways, I will work on it, no worries. There are already 4 stances present (Standing, Crouching, Kneeling, Lying) and there is definately not a problem to add another one. The problem is I am no real animator and I have no professional knowledge on this matter. I use Maya (which I have been learning for past 3 weeks only).

EDIT: Just found the very old video http://smookie.org/arma2/j.wmv It was made on NOV 2003 ;)

Edited by Smookie

oh yes please please oh please redo the horrible reloading animations!

oh very very nice , now we can snipe when we are seating to avoid the bad view with the grass thanks anyway it's very a good surprise.