Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

You are all probably bored to death of my Dragon videos lately, but here is pretty much what it will look like in its final state.

I, for one, am actually quite liking these videos. It's good to see the launchers getting more realistic, even if that means it'll suck to actually kill something with it. :D

This. Good to see anything getting improved and copping ye ole realism makeover.

Yesssss!!!

Now i you could take-over/finish some of Vigilantes Work too, like that realistic Javelin, i would start sending you love-letters. :yay:

Yesssss!!!

Now i you could take-over/finish some of Vigilantes Work too, like that realistic Javelin, i would start sending you love-letters. :yay:

Haha... ehhh sooo many jav implementations...

I don't know. Maybe I will. Vigs been hinting at me to work on it as well... :p

+1 to more realistic Javelin like Vigilante did :P

btw Vigilante did not worked on that anymore? if no , big shame :(

I'd buy you a monkey and a hooker if you did (or even a monkey hooker if that's your kinda thing?)! :p :D

I'd buy you a monkey and a hooker if you did (or even a monkey hooker if that's your kinda thing?)! :p :D

i worry bout you some times mate :p

So what is WIP about this image? You say in your post that it's a finished icon set.

So what is WIP about this image? You say in your post that it's a finished icon set.

Well define "finished". It's still wip because it is not released yet. It is simply a new matching set of icons for everything we have ingame atm, but some will most probably change as the weapons/items might change before release. Right now I'm almost certain the machineguns will have their DBAL's mounted on top of their Aimpoints instead of the side, so I will have to change them later on.

So, the amount of icons is done for the set, but details on them might change.

Well define "finished". It's still wip because it is not released yet. It is simply a new matching set of icons for everything we have ingame atm, but some will most probably change as the weapons/items might change before release. Right now I'm almost certain the machineguns will have their DBAL's mounted on top of their Aimpoints instead of the side, so I will have to change them later on.

So, the amount of icons is done for the set, but details on them might change.

The changes you're describing have nothing to do with us or you. You are not allowed to post images of other peoples' stuff in this thread. So, obviously this post must be about this image as a selection of icons as its own work, independent of what other people are doing. These are nice icons but if this set is complete pending changes to the actual weapons, why post it in this thread?

Maybe if you showed us a few icons on the background you expect them to be on we can comment on how they work as icons, like how readable they are. On the black background, they don't work. The black parts disappear into the background. However impressive the artwork is (which you have nothing really to do with unless you made some of these weapons), as icons against a black background, they require significant attention.

Max mate with all do respect i think you need to back off a bit bud. His a part of a mod team so his more than right to post work of this team. Also the mod isnt released yet so his showing progress of this mod, a mod that is currently being worked on. So it is a work in progress isnt it?

I understand where your coming from mate but you need to lighten up a bit, i understand what you wish this thread to be about but in all honesty its become more of a "Whats happening in the community" thread. Either way i think Mr.Bravo is in the right with posting that here.

Cheers

Rhodesy.

Max mate with all do respect i think you need to back off a bit bud. His a part of a mod team so his more than right to post work of this team. Also the mod isnt released yet so his showing progress of this mod, a mod that is currently being worked on. So it is a work in progress isnt it?

I understand where your coming from mate but you need to lighten up a bit, i understand what you wish this thread to be about but in all honesty its become more of a "Whats happening in the community" thread. Either way i think Mr.Bravo is in the right with posting that here.

Cheers

Rhodesy.

No. The issue is not IP related. The first item in the first post of the thread is about this issue. The issue is promotion. This thread isn't for promoting the work of others, and mods aren't all of a sudden one person now. There are other threads for that. This thread is for meaningful feedback. If I look at his image, and I see an issue with some weapon, do I tell him or the person who actually made it? What I was saying previously is that the only way we can talk about the image here is about the icons as a set. If the icons are 'finished', then comment is pointless. If the icons are not on the background they will be on the screen, we can't comment on them that way either. I mean, we're taking screenshots of someone else's weapons and shrinking them down and masking them. Without more context, commenting on them is like 'wow. You got some selection lasso skills'. If the focus is the weapon variety, it's not appropriate for the thread. He should post it in the mod thread so people can salivate over it there.

The last time W0lle intervened here he was quite clear about this.

Regarding what the 'thread has become', if left to its own devices, the community would turn every thread into the Addon Request Thread. I reject, whole-heartedly and without any conflict, the notion that the community should set its own communication standards as a whole body for every thread on the forum. Usually when considering issues of liberty versus responsibility, I'm quite conflicted. On this issue, I totally disagree 100%. If the community was allowed to homogenize every thread into a natural expression of its wants, this forum would be a catastrophe. There has to be guidelines for discussion.

Edited by Max Power

Just a fun/random topic for WIP/pimpin screenshots of whatever you are working, whether it be a small a reskin, or as big as an all new model, this way we don't always have to open a new thread.

seems to me he has every right to post in here just as anyone else...

ArmA 2 & OA - ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION This forum is for discussing addons or mods that are currently work in progress, as well as for discussing ideas or requests for addons.

Jesus christ, I dont even understand what you are talking about anymore Max Power. The thread is about "what you're working on", and that picture shows exactly what I'm working on. What I meant by "finished" is that they now cover all the current weapons, but is of course still open for further improvements before release, which there most probably will be, and that was partly the reason to why I posted it here from the start. You can comment them and critizise them any way you want!

If you took a closer look at the picture instead of arguing you might've noticed that the ironsight of the grenadelauncher on the AK5's have been partly erased, or that one of the silencers on the G36's is placed slightly too high compared to the rest. That's critizism I've gained on other forums so far, and exactly what I wanted. Now I can fix it before release.

The reason to why I chose to post that particular image of it all instead of 40 ingame-screenshots (That was sarkasm btw) is because it covered all the visible work, showed it in full size, and was already made for our project-site and other forums. Sounds logical, right?

And I dont really like your tone about whatever work I might have made or not on the actual weapons they're showing. First of all, whoever made the weapons on the pictures doesnt really have anything to do with these icons or my post. Second, I do have put a LOT of work on all of these weapons in one way or another since I deal both with our 3d-modelling and textures. The GRG rounds at the top for example are actually handmade in photoshop, not screenshots. Doesnt matter who made the base model from the start anyway, I could still put twice the time on texture-improvements, accessories or whatever. But the credit still goes to the team and everyone who have contributed, which is listed both in our project-thread and our site.

What you're saying is getting degrading to my and my teams efforts, so please stop. Report my post and let the moderators deal with whatever misunderstanding there might be. I dont think this thread need all this arguing.

If W0lle stated something I should know somewhere amongst these 510 pages, then I guess I'm sorry.

Nuff said.

Edited by Mr. Bravo

seems to me he has every right to post in here just as anyone else...

ArmA 2 & OA - ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION This forum is for discussing addons or mods that are currently work in progress, as well as for discussing ideas or requests for addons.

I didn't say he doesn't have a right to post here. I was questioning whether or not this particular image was appropriate for here.

The thread is about "what you're working on", and that picture shows exactly what I'm working on. What I meant by "finished" is that they now cover all the current weapons, but is of course still open for further improvements before release, which there most probably will be, and that was partly the reason to why I posted it here from the start. You can comment them and critizise them any way you want!

If you took a closer look at the picture instead of arguing you might've noticed that the ironsight of the grenadelauncher on the AK5's have been partly erased, or that one of the silencers on the G36's is placed slightly too high compared to the rest. That's critizism I've gained on other forums so far, and exactly what I wanted.

I did have a very close look at them, actually. The thread is about what you're working on. You aren't working on it if it's finished.

The reason to why I chose to post that particular image of it all instead of 40 ingame-screenshots (That was sarkasm btw) is because it covered all the visible work, showed it in full size, and was already made for our project-site and other forums. Sounds logical, right?

No. Not really. I don't know what you mean by all visible work

And I dont really like your tone about whatever work I might have made or not on the actual weapons they're showing. First of all, whoever made the weapons on the pictures doesnt really have anything to do with these icons or my post. Second, I do have put a LOT of work on all of these weapons in one way or another since I deal both with our 3d-modelling and textures. The GRG rounds at the top for example are actually handmade in photoshop, not screenshots. Doesnt matter who made the base model from the start anyway, I could still put twice the time on texture-improvements, accessories or whatever. But the credit still goes to the team and everyone who have contributed, which is listed both in our project-thread and our site.

What you're saying is getting degrading to my and my teams efforts, so please stop. Report my post and let the moderators deal with whatever misunderstanding there might be. I dont think this thread need all this arguing.

If W0lle stated something I should know somewhere amongst these 510 pages, then I guess I'm sorry.

Nuff said.

You can choose to feel insulted by what I said, or you could actually read what I said and get from it that the format you chose here limits the effectiveness of the critiques we can give you.

If the background will be black in your mod, it doesn't work. If it will not be black, we can't tell because we can't see it. The purpose of icons is to be read and these don't read very well with a black background.

If your intention was to get feedback and not to promote you mod then I was wrong and I apologize. However, Rhodesy and Baz seem to have read your intentions the same as I did. The difference is that I disagree with it. Perhaps you could declare your intentions more clearly next time, and perhaps indicate what were are looking at. Declaring 50,000 finished icons isn't the best way to promote feedback, and is the exact opposite of the WIP nature of the thread.

Edited by Max Power

Haha... ehhh sooo many jav implementations...

Hehe, well his Javelin looked already in Arma1 "almost done". I think there were some models needed for the single pieces like ECU, Tube, etc. and the proper config changes, as well making it MP compatible. Other than that it looked complete for me in End-2009 already.

I see absolutely no problem with that image. At no point Mr. Bravo said they are finished. And even a beta can be considered WIP I would say. Should he have added a giant 'Work in progress label' to that image so it fits the 'standards' here?

Really, I'm slowly getting tired of the ongoing crap here. Every couple of weeks (or even days) we need to deal with flamebaits, spam or pointless discussions here.

At this very moment I'm very tempted to close and unpin the thread, might be better if everyone posts their WIP in a seperate thread which is easier to maintain than this one.

Hey Bravo, that's really nice, I'm especially interested in putting my hands on the G3 and that green assault rifle.

Hey Bravo, that's really nice, I'm especially interested in putting my hands on the G3 and that green assault rifle.

Thanks :D The green assault rifle is the Swedish latest generation of their heavily modified FN FNC80, the AK5c. A few old versions of it and the G3 is still available in our outdated ArmA2-version which you can find here, in case you want to have a closer look at them. But then you need the A2 version of ACE2 as well, or there will be errors since they changed their structure in OA.

Ontopic, a few renders of our new portable UAV "Falken", or "Skylark I" as you guys probably know it by. The result of bringing the laptop to work this weekend :p

The first LOD is more or less done, but the textures are still very basic painted ones because I have lots of other more priorized stuff to work on atm. I'm gonna let Nordin do his magic scripting with this tomorrow and finish the rest later. We have some really awesome plans for this one, so I'm hoping for the best!

Highres;

http://www.samstudios.se/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/falkenwip1.jpg

http://www.samstudios.se/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/falkenwip2.jpg

http://www.samstudios.se/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/falkenwip3.jpg

falkenbis1.jpg

falkenbis2.jpg

falkenbis3.jpg

Edited by Mr. Bravo

It looks like the cross section of your wing is more or less like a bevelled rectangle. It should be round in front and 'sharp' at the back.

image001.jpg

Looking good on the UAV Mr. Bravo as its portable, im sure that the thing is tiny and the little imperfections such as angles of certain edges would be relatively difficult to see in game.

As for your weapons pictures, There are some detachted suppessors/silencers on the G36 series, Does this mean that they are detatchable in game?

It looks like the cross section of your wing is more or less like a bevelled rectangle. It should be round in front and 'sharp' at the back.

*Pic*

Yeah that's the smoothing messing it up, completely forgot about that. Will have a look at it!

Looking good on the UAV Mr. Bravo as its portable, im sure that the thing is tiny and the little imperfections such as angles of certain edges would be relatively difficult to see in game.

As for your weapons pictures, There are some detachted suppessors/silencers on the G36 series, Does this mean that they are detatchable in game?

Yep, that was my thought too. It will be quite small ingame and not on much on the ground so I didnt want to put too much time on details. It's tiny 893 faces and 787 verts, which is a lot less than I expected :p Maybe I was a bit too stingy!

imint-pressbild-falken-uav-lr.jpg

The silencers on our weapons are not detachable ingame. I dont think that's possible without getting the full-magazine-bug. I just put them on the side to keep the resolution of the weapons as big as possible in the menu ingame, and because it saved me some time ;) I think BIS has done the same with some weapons, if I recall correctly.

Edited by Mr. Bravo