Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

A little something I've been wanting to do for a while.

valk1.jpg

valk2.jpg

valk3.jpg

valk4.jpg

valk5.jpg

Everything has been done from scratch, trying to mix well with artist conceptions, as well as the model I have sitting in front of me.

I'm getting the basics of the craft down first, then I will start adding details such as:

-Armored plates to protect vital systems

-Rivets (where they belong)

-Various parts of the cargo bay to include the interior running lights, random hoses

-External sensors and weapons arrays

Please critique but don't be to harsh.

More SCI FI..nice!

Here's my contribution

2h or so fast jobie (3k poly - had no sleep yesterday night - my own design based on the p51d nose shape, some ideas from caprican vipers.)

test1z.jpg

Edited by PuFu

my own design based on the p51d nose shape

No disrespect meant PuFu, but it looks a lot like inspired by the Caprican Viper (which beares more similarities to the P-40 nose I think)

2010-Caprica-Imperfections-Vipers.jpg

CapricafighterViper1.jpg

Nonetheless; looking good and shall be very welcomed once ready :)

No disrespect meant PuFu, but it looks a lot like inspired by the Caprican Viper (which beares more similarities to the P-40 nose I think)

[mg]http://www.wormholeriders.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010-Caprica-Imperfections-Vipers.jpg[/img]

[mg]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_IYihBiTh-cM/TNGa6TBqPII/AAAAAAAADGg/-V5aQk7SWeI/s1600/CapricafighterViper1.jpg[/img]

Nonetheless; looking good and shall be very welcomed once ready :)

None taken, it bear some similarities, that is true, because i definitely had a look over those.

There is no shame there. :) What i meant to say is that i will not create a copy of an existing image whatsoever

Plus, i liked the air intakes, but not the flat nose, continuous with the body, hence the difference there.

PS: edited my ref list ;)

Edited by PuFu

There is no shame there. :)

Sure there is none. And to be completely honest - I wouldn't mind at all if more craft inspired by the series was to appear here ;)

(like Greystone Industries company jet or those strange Blackhawk VTOLs)

Allways good to have some Sc-Fi... I still Love the X-02 Wyvern someone did from ace combat series as they have some great looking jets. What series is that you guys are talking about? I'd like to look through more of that stuff.

What series is that you guys are talking about

Caprica

a prequel series to the reimagined Battlestar Galactica (BSG).

Unfortunately lasted only a season and a half and was cancelled in favor of a new BSG spin-off. This new one, BSG:Blood and Chrome shall feature more robots, space battles and fancy CGI... Caprica was maybe a bit slow paced but delivered good story telling, character depth and mature, intelligent drama... not enough lasers and 'boom & bang' for a casual viewer though... :(

Edited by topas

Not that I've watched Caprica (got all BSG in boxset but got a little sick of the spiritual line it took in the later seasons) but to me PuFu's renders look better than the vipers in that screencap! now we just need a Raptor to will the helicopter role and some convincing chromejobs to shoot

Is that in O2 myke?

Nope, Buldozer preview.

:EDITH:

modelling done:

lightcycleq.jpg

Edited by [FRL]Myke

More SCI FI..nice!

Here's my contribution

2h or so fast jobie (3k poly - had no sleep yesterday night - my own design based on the p51d nose shape, some ideas from caprican vipers.)

"Although it will probabaly never happen, since 99.9999999% of the stuff that goes in this thread is never responded to."

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1815064&postcount=3132 :D

I was just looking at the screens in your link. I see some UV stretching (in front of the cockpit) and awkward 3d panel work (on the rear of the canopy) on the model. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has those problems sometimes!

I was just looking at the screens in your link. I see some UV stretching (in front of the cockpit) and awkward 3d panel work (on the rear of the canopy) on the model. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has those problems sometimes!

I noticed that too...unless they use oval bolts. ;)

Abs

I foresee some pinkslip motorracing on the road from Berezino to Chernogorsk, Myke.

I noticed that too...unless they use oval bolts. ;)

Abs

You know what? If pufus model turns out like the one in the series, including oval bolts, I couldnt care less :D

You know what? If pufus model turns out like the one in the series..

It won't, and that is just because i have no such desire.

It won't, and that is just because i have no such desire.

What do you have in mind for a paint scheme?

Abs