Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

So far, only the 1979+ American Army version AH-1F (AH-1S (modernized)) is planned for use with CWR2. I've been playing with the idea of learning about hidden selections for reskins but I think I should focus on finishing this one version before I start thinking about supporting other versions.

Allied intelligence suggest Takistan forces received at least 1 refurbish Tu22M3 from Iran, but its now unclear how many Iran had after all, and how many more Takistan have aquired.

Armed with what appears to be at least 36 FAB250, Allied forces are now concerned with what this aircraft will be used for, and what other ordinance they have.

Tu22m3_6.jpg

Tu22m3_7.jpg

Tu22m3_8.jpg

WIP - Original by Footmunch with permissions. At least 4 variants.

Using MissileBox

AS and Standoff versions Kh-31 and Kh-15 armed

Laser and FF bomb version KAB1500, 500, 250 FAB 500, 250

New anti-dive feature for AI Pilots

---------- Post added at 23:38 ---------- Previous post was at 23:37 ----------

Allied force appeared to have mobilised at least 1 B1B Lancer into the warzone in an apparent response to the new threat.

B1B_2.jpg

B1B_3.jpg

Early WIP - Original by Rocket with permissions. Also using MissileBox

Edited by [APS]Gnat

Holy shit, awesome GNAT! Also, would be nice to have a original/russian/soviet version of the Tu22M3.

Wow Gnat, those are going to be so awesome, can't wait! x2 on a Russian tu22 if possible.

Looks great Gnat!!!!!!

im glad that old bird if finally geting some air time again.

Looks like we may need to deploy the Sahrani HAWK batteries to takistan

anyone remember the reconwrap/facemask/ whatever you want to call it, from dr midnight?

999pup.png

finally got around to texturing it, gona have to bug him to rebake to get me a tangent space, he sent me an object space. which asks the question, do they work in arma 2?

too bad it doesn't quite fit bysta with a helmet , so there's still a bit of molding i must do. any tips on molding?

Edited by Fox '09
700 kb

anyone remember the reconwrap/facemask/ whatever you want to call it' date=' from dr midnight?

[imghttp://www.limepic.com/thumbs/999pup.png[/img]

finally got around to texturing it, gona have to bug him to rebake to get me a tangent space, he sent me an object space. which asks the question, do they work in arma 2?

too bad it doesn't quite fit bysta with a helmet , so there's still a bit of molding i must do. any tips on molding?

Looks like you sort out your normal maps ^_^

xNormal has a tangent <=> object space normal map converter in the tools dialogue. For the input it requires an obj of the mesh you wish to use for the normal map, plus a normal map in either format to convert.

If the RV engine supports object space normal maps, there's no reason why it couldn't work, so long as you don't have any mirrored or overlapping UVs.

Looks like you sort out your normal maps ^_^

xNormal has a tangent <=> object space normal map converter in the tools dialogue. For the input it requires an obj of the mesh you wish to use for the normal map, plus a normal map in either format to convert.

If the RV engine supports object space normal maps, there's no reason why it couldn't work, so long as you don't have any mirrored or overlapping UVs.

I ought to try both of those options. I had no idea xnormal was that powerful until you said that, it really does offer a wide set of normal mapping tools.

Had a little time to work on my costumized AK lately.

Nothing special.

akcz.th.png

Still have an ultra long way to go with my working pace but this is to show

that the project ain't on ice!

And something for the old fashioned people:

swordj.th.png

Edited by DaMan3

Correct, nice to see you have figured it out that I'm a fan of his weapons.

Its not an excat recreation but I took some inspirations from him.

hé DaMan3

you'll realize AK SOPMOD AK or custom as in the photo? because frankly it tears too!:D:rolleyes:

Had a little time to work on my costumized AK lately.

Nothing special.

[imghttp://img27.imageshack.us/img27/933/akcz.th.png[/img]

Still have an ultra long way to go with my working pace but this is to show

that the project ain't on ice!

And something for the old fashioned people:

[imghttp://img262.imageshack.us/img262/7589/swordj.th.png[/img]

I think the cloudy pattern on your bayonet is too obvious. The colours seem well chosen, though. Perhaps if you were to apply some motion blur running up the blade...? Right now the material pattern doesn't seem to have much bearing on the form of the object or how it might be used.

arma2oa2011012420522.jpg

in the flesh and in game, us army 1st id , 2003 for my girl ebolax. still waiting on his ref photos for the patch, these units are for him.

I hate how blurry the post processing modes are. I love the effect of SSAO. I think my normals have turned out well, the pants , not so much. anyway, last post of mine here for a while, these units are going to go through their final stages soon if all goes well. peaCE

They look wrong I think because you started the pants below the tunic. In fact, the tunic comes down to thigh level, so much of the top of the pants should be covered by it.

i'm not sure if it's the effect of weighing or how the skeleton structure is naturally, but it seems his pelvic area is a bit off, like it's sunk in. everything else looks splendid.

Fox it might be worth posting a screenshot of your character just in the T pose from front on, I'm sure someone could do a quick photoshop edit to help you out with the proportions of the pants.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/modo_2011-01-24_22-18-59-30.png http://filesmelt.com/dl/modo_2011-01-24_22-19-00-49.png

http://filesmelt.com/dl/modo_2011-01-24_22-19-10-08.png

err sorta fixed, the cheap way.

here's a t pose for soldier x:

http://filesmelt.com/dl/modo_2011-01-24_22-22-57-08.png

I hate proportions. I should of figure this stuff out before i textured it all lol. never again.

That's better... but still not perfect. Try putting his crotch at the exact centre of his height, then adjusting from there. I think the 8 head height proportion goes like.

+> Crown

1|

+> Chin

2|

+> Nipples

3|

+> Belly Button

4|

+> Crotch

5|

+> Mid Thigh

6|

+> Knee

7|

+> Mid Shin

8|

+> Heel

Your problem might not be totally in the general proportion, though... it might have something to do with the volumes. You can try beefing up his thighs a bit to see if it works better with his beefy torso.

They look wrong I think because you started the pants below the tunic. In fact, the tunic comes down to thigh level, so much of the top of the pants should be covered by it.

True, it kind of looks like he based the model off of the ACU, which has a shorter tunic that ends around the pockets, rather than the knees and thighs. ;)

True, it kind of looks like he based the model off of the ACU, which has a shorter tunic that ends around the pockets, rather than the knees and thighs. ;)

Knees ? Maybe when bent, but definately not in a t pose.

I will re assess this tomorrow. For now I do agree that the thighs on the pants may not be bulky enough