Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Some WIP shots:)

Vilas sa-8 retexture in Takistan colours

Havn't had much time lately due to my misses having a baby boy 10 days ago and should have posted this a while ago but he is behaving very good 2day so here are some update pics

tak_29s.jpg

Larger

tak_33s.jpg

Larger

tak_36s.jpg

Larger

tak_42.jpg

Edited by vasmkd

Looks good bud, congrats on the birth, as well. :)

Your Takistani tetrahedron is a little flattened, however. Needs a bit more height.

Thanks

The decal is tempory for now and just to give ppl a rough idea, probably the result of copying from original on weird angle screenshot

I'm in the process of making my own higher res decals for CDF, Insurgents and Takistan so i'll just paste the new layer and delete the old one when i'm done.

Looking good! I like the wear on it.

The yellow I think could be less blue to blend in with the other Taki vehicles, but texture quality wise they are right up there.

Hi, I'm creating the Iowa-class battleships.(Sorry For My English... Because i'm Korean.)

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x383/firewill0/Iowa.jpg 172 kb

BB-61 Iowa

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x383/firewill0/NewJersey.jpg 195 kb

BB-62 New Jersey

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x383/firewill0/Missouri.jpg 179 kb

BB-63 Missouri

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x383/firewill0/Wisconsin.jpg 184 kb

BB-64 Wisconsin

this ship models Created For OFP1, however OFP1 is not support the Multi-Turret.But ARMA2 can multi turret.

this models have VERY Low-Poly Model...(because OFP1's Poly Limit.)But i'm Reworking This models.

I'm working Another Battleship. South Dakota Class, North Carolina Class, and Montana Class. Also another Country's(IJN,German Navy, Royal Navy) Battleship is Planned.

Edited by W0lle
Images > 100 kb

Great work mate, love these big ships!

Some WIP shots:)

Vilas sa-8 retexture in Takistan colours

Havn't had much time lately due to my misses having a baby boy 10 days ago and should have posted this a while ago but he is behaving very good 2day so here are some update pics

I think I've missed an episode;Has Vilas SA-8 been released already?

However,solid looking re-texture,Vasmkd.

I think I've missed an episode;Has Vilas SA-8 been released already?

However,solid looking re-texture,Vasmkd.

The current betas/release candidates of Vilas' soviet/russian armour pack and his NPL (Polish) pack, both have the SA-8 in them.

Links are available in the first post of his thread, or on his forum.

Those Iowa class battleships are immense! Hope you can get the 16 inch guns working with some sort of artillery system.

Working on a simple GPS/INS guidance system for the Missilebox (GBU-53 JDAM and AGM-154 JSOW) which is based on the Lasertarget system but is designed so only GPS/INS weapons can be locked on (scripted solution so far):

ld7Uneh9kg4

This was just to test how precise it can be. Meanwhile i've managed that it doesn't say "Laser target" but "GPS/INS" when locked. ;)

How it will work:

- Select coords on map with onMapSingleClick

- select GPS/INS guided weapon (so far only Missilebox weapons supported but others can be updated)

- While appropriate weapon is selected, GPS/INS target is shown, if other weapon is selected (say a laserguided) the GPS/INS target will be hidden.

- will run clientside only and laserTarget objects will be created local so other players can't "abuse" those targets for own laserguided weapons.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Really cool! But can you lock on to buildings/units etc. with it? Also, is there a set height limit for it to work? Apologies for the dumb questions.

Firewill, I like the Battleships. I always envisioned a Montana class hybrid with an Arleigh Burke Destroyer.http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/images/u140000/u144964.jpg plus this http://www.farragut.navy.mil/site/images/99_Turn_Burn.jpg. So basically the hull of a battleship (and the main batteries) plus the superstructure of an arleigh burke destroyer.

Edited by Stang69
just to clarify that I'm not requesting addons

Really cool! But can you lock on to buildings/units etc. with it? Also, is there a set height limit for it to work? Apologies for the dumb questions.

You can't lock anything than a position. Whatever is there get's blown up.

The current betas/release candidates of Vilas' soviet/russian armour pack and his NPL (Polish) pack, both have the SA-8 in them.

Links are available in the first post of his thread, or on his forum.

Thanks for the info!

AH-1Progress_Vignette.jpg

Click on the image for a larger version (if it works).

Progress on the AH-1F... also I was having fun playing with vignette effects and cheesy bloom- on a viewport render :p The exterior normal map is almost done.

May I remind everyone in here that this thread is for showing WIP images and for constructive feedback?

There is no bashing allowed in here, and "Oh I just came..." is considered spam, not constructive feedback.

Take your issues you have with each other to PM where you don't bother the rest of the community with it.

If it's impossible to stay on topic and follow above 2 very simple rules then we either just lock/unstick the thread or set it to premoderated and once in a while one of us checks the thread and approve the posts (or even not). It's up to you.

Soviet Motor Rifles patrol the Soviet-Takistan border, 1987.

Untitled-1.jpg

WIP Soviet-Afghan units, joint effort between me and johncage.

Edited by colonel stagler

It's difficult to tell anything in those screens by the lighting. If you're showing off your textures or the form of your units, why are you hiding them?

At any rate, the units look slightly like they are inflated. Compare to the picture you posted on johnnycage's thread:

attachment.php?attachmentid=19737&d=1167709309

Your units look too thick, especially in the torso and shoulder areas and around the knees. I remember reading something about fir collars... but I can't tell by the screenshot. Are these in parkas or something?

Hey max, you gotta remember that VDV uses different equipment than simple Motor Rifle Conscripts.

They look great stagler and johncage, really good. I'm loving the big amount of variation. :) Keep it up.

yo dawg i ain hidin shit, the 100kb limit is. The units are johncages chechen release, unchanged besides texture.

yo dawg i ain hidin shit, the 100kb limit is. The units are johncages chechen release, unchanged besides texture.

Well if the texture is what you wish to show, you should show us in stark lighting- loud and proud.

Use www.limepic.com or something, post the thumbnail so you don't have to worry about the 100kb rule. :cool:

@Max Power

The Cobra looks great:), will it come in a takistan version? as they have some older US gear and would give the helicopter force a little needed boost

@colonel stagler

Looking forward to seeing the Russians ingame :)

Some WIP from me

Here is my 3rd vilas sa-8 retexture for Russian faction (will include 3 or 4 russian camo variants),this one is definetly going to be included as is previous CDF and Takistan versions and all previous versions get effects enhancements added.

Just a new Insurgent and desert russian needed now and this will be done and released when vilas fixes bugs in it. Since i'm happy with what iv'e learnt with all my dirty and wear effects now i can experiement with camo galore.

r9k33_27s.jpg

Large

r9k33_17s.jpg

Large

r9k33_21s.jpg

Large

UPDATE:

I replaced the 1st and last pics with another image from utes

Desert island is hot & bright and any vehicles placed there always appear too light n bright.

I realised not long ago to match colour on same island i look at bis models and then just make my retexture fit somewhere in between bis vehicles. Also on top of that sun, cloud n time of day/night will effect camo colour.

BIS camo for each faction also varies in colour so there is no true matching camo colours, Iv'e learnt its best just to get it close or somewhere in between so it fits with the pack.

Edited by vasmkd
changed pics

Ill post some closeups of the texures next week. There is KLMK and TTSKO variants.