Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

@Sabre: Is their a nation that doesn't use MultiCam? All I know is that from that pic yours may be the best I've seen in Arma2. :cool:

@Sabre: good texture, as usual. Any interest in a re-texture of the BAF multicam?

Mp-443 from upcomming weapon pack:

pyares.jpg

Edited by BLACKMETAL
Critical errors, screen edit

Looking pretty cool! I like the high res textures. The specular reflections look a little blown out. I think they usually do in buldozer, but when you get it in the game, be sure to tweak the specular properties to reduce that. It also looks a bit like plastic on some angles. I can't be certain, but it looks like maybe your Fresnel fce settings are the cause. That could also be caused by the fact that buldozer's void messes with the HDR aperture. Be sure to check out the biki for recommended Fresnel settings if you haven't already. You can also play with buldozer's environment settings and increase the overcast property a bit to reduce the harsh specular for screenies. Looking good!

Edited by Max Power

Attention!

Now that I got your attention... :p

I figured I'd point you guys to this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=113379

Its for orphaned projects. Per the rules (according to wolle) its in the complete forum, but really its for WIP that are orphaned or you are looking for other people to pick up and run with. If anyone has projects like that please keep this thread in mind. Hopefully we can get some content out that might not otherwise see the light of day.

Max Power, right, that bug fixed now, screen edited.

Edited by BLACKMETAL

Quick WIP update on the MK V SOC from last week. Still have a few hours of modeling to do, mostly cleanup and a rehashing of the seats. Which is fairly obvious in a couple of renders.

asg_mkvsoc_b3_aow_1.jpg

---

asg_mkvsoc_b3_aow_2.jpg

---

asg_mkvsoc_b3_aow_3.jpg

---

asg_mkvsoc_b3_aow_4.jpg

---

asg_mkvsoc_b3_aow_5.jpg

Looking beautiful Gnome. Not to take away from the fine effort you're putting into it.

But with such a large deck space, any chance you could look into allowing players to move around the deck without falling off the ship?

Looking beautiful Gnome. Not to take away from the fine effort you're putting into it.

But with such a large deck space, any chance you could look into allowing players to move around the deck without falling off the ship?

Haha yeah, unfortunately there are significant issues regarding these things. At a minimum I wanted to be able to facilitate moving insertion/extraction of the crrc's. Most of that has tested out pretty well. Anything beyond that is pretty much conceptual (wishful i'm afraid) at this point, but the gears are constantly grinding on the topic.

Open to suggestions/thoughts, beer and whatever else is clever. :D

Max Power, right, that bug fixed now, screen edited.

That's much better. I can see your artistry much better now. The textures look more complex without the really hot highlights all over.

been attempting modeling pockets on, whatcha think? (specially directed to max power, he showed me a diagram earlier, not sure if i caught onto what he meant :))

http://filesmelt.com/dl/modo_2011-01-18_00-43-56-76.png http://filesmelt.com/dl/modo_2011-01-18_00-44-02-14.png

http://filesmelt.com/dl/modo_2011-01-18_00-44-08-70.png

i used this for ref mostly http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/cavtroop4/aau

I don't remember the diagram but the topology looks alright. One caro pocket seems higher than the other tho.

wow he has a fat ass :P but as a proof of concept it works nicely.

heh, well, DCU/BDU's are pretty baggy , but it does depend on the wearer.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/999.jpg

here's it in o2, i applied a simple texture to it. Gona bake normals for it tomorrow. It doesn't look too baggy when it's pictured with fancy oakleys and a jacket , no?

Crotch is too low. The tunic should actually cover his butt. The centre of his pelvis should be approximately in the centre of his form. His legs should be the equal length of his torso + his neck and head.

Hmm I'll have a go at correcting it. I think the main thing is how small the pants are in comparison to the top. Not so much the specifics. Thanks once again guys

That's what this thread is for, Fox, Perfecting your addons before you announce them. Learning things, sharing techniques. I'm glad that this thread actually gets used for its intended purpose sometimes and not as a fucking doppleganger for the combat photography thread.

collins1.jpg

Working on a collins class SSK

It's ingame, partially textured. It can submerge, and it's invisible in OA radar. Can carry six Specops. I plan to equip it with Subharpoons and working non Mando missiles torpedoes.

Release WID (When It's Done)

Quick WIP update on the MK V SOC from last week. Still have a few hours of modeling to do, mostly cleanup and a rehashing of the seats. Which is fairly obvious in a couple of renders.

Stunning looking model;This promises to be one helluva ship!And an excellent idea!

Nice work Gnome !

Love the inside .... wish my interiors were that good to start with ;)

Sixth edition of small WIP Roundups - containing note worthy changes that do not warrant seperate blog entries. These changes are included in the next Ongoing Development update.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/WIP_Roundup_6

Includes a look into Six Updater 2.0 as well :bb:

Reminder;

Bug reports, feedback and suggestions, on our Issue Tracker please!

Follow us on:

Wave / Twitter / Steam

British Army MAN SV - Various Variants and very WIP.

This is my first arma2 Mod (I mostly make FS stuff), not even started to think about how i'm going to shoe horn it into game yet but I'll figure it out and what I dont know i'll ask.

Aside from a few photos and some specs/sizes I had little reference for this apart from the JCove VBS2 Lite version which I spent many nights studying via a slide rule and climbing all over it in game. Infact I have a rather amusing set of screen shots of me crawling underneath and getting airlifted onto the roof but that's for another day....

This probably wont have the detail of even the Jcove version or the poly count at first but what it will have eventually is quite a few versions, up armor, top cover, recovery etc.

This is the base model flatbed which everything else will be built on and what I'll try to get right before I go further.

..and that's all i have to say about that :)

man_SV.jpg

Edited by turzy

Just wondering if maybe ACE and SixthSense have their own threads for this kind of bullshit? Your own site says that these bullet notes contain information not even worthy of a blog post, but you plug it in this thread? Notably, this is the first time in my recollection that ACE has used this thread as its PR garbage dump, and I appreciate that. But now ACE can join the walk of shame like every other advertiser too complacent or uncaring to realize this thread is about personal artistic development and feedback, not about shills plugging their shit.

All the arty stuff I am posting in here is for ACE... but mainly cause if I post it in the ACE thread it will be annoying cause I will get spammed with "IS IT DONE YET" cause its been over a year since I started working on arty stuff! :D

Also this thread seems more like showing off cool stuff to other addon makers, not the general public... who seem to ignore this thread for the most part.