Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

needs more of the air tearing sound incoming makes. thats what you hear when a big round goes over your head.and remember you never hear the one that gets you.

I've almost thought of it as a bee buzzing sound when 155 goes over head, although it's been awhile that is what I remember. Noubernou your's sounds like a truck :D.

Awesome looking ruskies, Bulkier uniforms seem much more realistic on the modern battlefield

Perhaps consider blousing the boots rather than having the trousers cover them?

i will try to include that variety as well.

edit: some variety of soldiers, showcasing takistani helmet and muddy boot texture on rpk guy. also, the bloused boots on grenadier:

clipboard02uhd.jpg

sorry to the guy asking for ushanka, i couldn't make a convincing one with the helmet mesh. skullcap is possible.

this is what i have for ushanka at the moment

ushanka.jpg

Edited by johncage

NouberNou the round overhead should have more of a wind rushing sound to it, and not so uniform of a sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5hO124QyaM&feature=related

If you watch this video, after the gun fires, and the distortion from the gun firing goes away, you can hear a feint whooshing sound that gets distant... thats what your looking for.

Edited by Lt Gunner

Yea, the hard part is I am not using "incoming" sounds or "outgoing" sounds, but the shell flight sounds and relying on ArmA2 to apply its fairly poor doppler effect on them to get them to sound good... :p

johncage instead of using the rather featureless one hole balaclavas of the resistance, try using a black textured 3 hole chedaki balaclava, it is more detailed. Howabout some sleeves up guys as well?

:eek:

That looks awesome.

New map or what? What is HDS 11?

High Definition Scenery 2011, very much looking forward to it! Smaller maps but much more realistic object density and placement, if I remember correctly.

Edited by Daniel

I agree with three hole balaclava idea, also I think that your Ushanka could turn out quite well with further editing.

johncage instead of using the rather featureless one hole balaclavas of the resistance, try using a black textured 3 hole chedaki balaclava, it is more detailed. Howabout some sleeves up guys as well?

i tried using the 3 hole version but it doesn't work. maybe i just didn't get the right name for it? do you know what the class names are?

afganka attempt=copy/paste pant texture from "khaki_co" into "flora_vest_vsr and adjust color balance in gimp:

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4448/clipboard01vn.jpg

That HDS 11 looks like northern ireland. Would be good for a mission on there against PIRA insurgents.

The topic is called 'The Addon Request thread'. The people who frequent that thread will probably be able to help you. This isn't a thread request topic. Why you thought of posting this in an art topic is beyond my comprehension.

I have a strong suspicion he clicked the wrong thread by mistake, they are stickied right next to each other you know. :cool:

Your TOW launcher looks splendid, is it part of a larger aircraft you're modeling or meant purely as an aircraft weapon addon that integrates with other content?

Yea, the hard part is I am not using "incoming" sounds or "outgoing" sounds, but the shell flight sounds and relying on ArmA2 to apply its fairly poor doppler effect on them to get them to sound good... :p

I think a step in the right direction would be to use a sample sound that has varied volume, that loops well if possible. There is a slight up - down variation in the noise of the round as it flys by. And not so much of a buzzing/humming noise, and whooshing lol.

I have a strong suspicion he clicked the wrong thread by mistake, they are stickied right next to each other you know. :cool:

Your TOW launcher looks splendid, is it part of a larger aircraft you're modeling or meant purely as an aircraft weapon addon that integrates with other content?

I'm modelling an AH-1F for CWR 2 :) It's in the texturing stage as well.

Hi to all. After a while I even a few projects have continued. First, the M88 and the Gepard1A2. The m88 is in stock as open source come when I no longer have a mind to make him ready. Other people can then do the rest if they feel like.

It Does not apply to the Gepard1A2. When and if he is ready made is not certain.

But now some pictures

m88press1.th.jpg

m88ingame001.th.jpg

geppipres2.th.jpg

Sorry for my Bad English :D

Frankyman

Your English is better than others here who's English is there first language.

Keep up the great work. I am looking foward to that tank recovery vehicle as I suck at tanks. Now I will be able to remove all my wrecks.

Hi to all. After a while I even a few projects have continued. First, the M88 and the Gepard1A2. The m88 is in stock as open source come when I no longer have a mind to make him ready. Other people can then do the rest if they feel like.

:yay:An M88!!A GEPARD!!AWESOME!!!:yay:

Still experimenting with a newer way of doing my textures, I'm surprised with the 2048 size, with some of the other ways I was doing things I was thinking of maybe going bigger, but I think it's still good to go. Normals are still abit iffy and weak in spots.

sotgrsmall.jpg

Click it for Bigger (ACEX Weapon)

Apologies to Johannes for continuing the model rape :p

Textures are great, but the warping of the lower leg pocket makes me wince - someone really needs to re-map the legs on the unbloused pants - I got the same trouble when doing UCP trousers.

Just a small WIP Progress atm, but this is my new project ive started building :)

WIP%20-%20Ultralight%20Concept%205.PNG

WIP%20-%20Ultralight%20Concept%206.PNG

arma2oa2011011615320112.jpg

Retexture work continues (here's an early 90's style desert furniture shot) and starting to look in to reintroducing bayonets