Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

I have done some Insurgent retextures of Vilas SA-8 Gecko. Just need to brighten the red star a little

Also fixed russian texture a little (just need to add mud n dirt(too easy)

maybe some scratches, rust too to both of these too

Insurgent

Insurgents3.JPG

Insurgent 2

Insurgents2.JPG

Russian

russian2.JPG

Russian 2

russian.JPG

Now to get started on some CDF and Takistani textures

Edited by vasmkd

:] more T64 CHDKZ, T80 CDF, 2S1 CHDKZ, BMP1 CHDKZ please :D

Hehe, sucking me in again ;)

When i have done the SA-8 gecko's i'll do a few more of your vehicles :)

Is it kosher to buy models and port them to ArmA2?

as long as you take credit for the purchase, and not for making the model, i guess it is

Also fixed russian texture a little

Hey, vasmkd, why is your Russian camo so greeeeen?

427442_osa-radar-antiradar-armada-stroj-9k33-sa-8-gecko.jpg

hey vasmkd, topas is right, the camo structure is right and looks good but you should try to match it up with the BIS one (opening up their texture and matching color swatches should do the trick), that is not to say that BIS one is extremely accurate but at least it will blend in.

Sorry forgot to mention

I am going to do a BIS Russian texture style too

I am doing 2 russian textures.

I just loved the look of this one personally http://users.tpg.com.au/vaskos//OSA.jpg so i did it 1st and wanted it the same

Also i have updated the cream to a more yellow colour on the 1st russian i'm doing

I thought this one will just fit desert and chernarus fine, it's like a multi terrain use lol

New to all this texturing so i'm experimenting and better to do it on the odd one 1st

I have virtually 2 days experience lol

Actually 4-5 hrs in texturing up my sleeve

Don't worry these will look great when i'm done and i will tweak the colours, finish etc

Edited by vasmkd

While you gather more of it you'd probably learn to be a bit 'critical' towards refernce pics found. The one you linked is overexposed (see white building in left-top corner), so the colour values of the camo are not entirely correct.

On this one on the other hand

bmp-3_russe_20.jpg a yellowish filter screws things up (note the unnatural sky colour)

Now see the difference, a good camera setup/lense can do:

Russian-soldiers-ride-BMP-3-infantry-fighting-vehicle-during-a-Victory-Day-Parade.jpg

Anyway; Congrats on your 2nd day; hope there's more waitin' for you and that you'll treat thsi as fun and adventure :)

Edited by topas

im 90% sure ive seen that very same model on turbosquid..

Before you passive agressivley call me a model thief, know what your talking about first. Trolling is childish and nonsensical.

I have uploaded it to three sites: Falling Pixel, Turbo Squid & FPSBanana

If you like as proof, I can change thye description message on Turbosquid?

I can try see what mine looks like with bis russian texture colours, i'll send an update pic soon. This can be fixed within seconds. I set it up so i can easily change the base colour and any other layers of colour easily without changing the whole camo colours

While you gather more of it you'd probably learn to be a bit 'critical' towards refernce pics found. The one you linked is overexposed (see white building in left-top corner), so the colour values of the camo are not entirely correct.

it is always hard to find good reference from real life photo - because colors (saturation, etc.) also depends of external thing (like exposure correction, contrast, white balance in camera etc.)

but using pipete to take color from BIS do not always work, why?

cause if in BIS RVMAT there is stronger SMDI, or some other RVMAT parameters are different than it will not work the same

even if _co textures look the same (pipete used to take color) but in game look different (because of RVMATs)

i forget about this making T80U, i took BIS colors, but my T80 is too contrast comparing to BIS (because of materials used in BIS BMP3 , T90) although in texture is should match

so BIS colors sometimes need correction to fit BIS vehicles in game, only because RVMATs are different (mostly brighter SMDI that shines like BIS vehicles were metallic painted like limousines, not army matte )

and it is his first work :) so for complete beginner - bravo :]

Before you passive agressivley call me a model thief, know what your talking about first. Trolling is childish and nonsensical.

I have uploaded it to three sites: Falling Pixel, Turbo Squid & FPSBanana

If you like as proof, I can change thye description message on Turbosquid?

Mate maybe you should go back a page and read, you know b4 you agressivley call me a troll...

wow i never suggested he didnt make it lol, simply pointing out that i had seen that model around b4 hand...

never ment to step on any toes but once again people jump to a conclusion...

it is always hard to find good reference from real life photo - because colors (saturation, etc.) also depends of external thing (like exposure correction, contrast, white balance in camera etc.)

but using pipete to take color from BIS do not always work, why?

cause if in BIS RVMAT there is stronger SMDI, or some other RVMAT parameters are different than it will not work the same

even if _co textures look the same (pipete used to take color) but in game look different (because of RVMATs)

i forget about this making T80U, i took BIS colors, but my T80 is too contrast comparing to BIS (because of materials used in BIS BMP3 , T90) although in texture is should match

so BIS colors sometimes need correction to fit BIS vehicles in game, only because RVMATs are different (mostly brighter SMDI that shines like BIS vehicles were metallic painted like limousines, not army matte )

and it is his first work :) so for complete beginner - bravo :]

That is true, but why not use bis rvmat for reference as well, why not make the same style smdi?

To make the Insurgent version i just loaded a screenshot of insurgent brdm-2 to look at and basically spray painted the gecko similar with closely matching colours. Just like a spray painter lol. I don't use any cut paste stuff, i just hand draw (spray) the pattern with brushes in different opacities/flow etc and hit some areas harder than others over the base colour (green)

I was always good at painting with spray cans ;)

Then i put some dirty effects in etc

arma2oa_2010_12_17_13_34_27_51.png

arma2oa_2010_12_17_13_34_03_04.png

173rd wip.. I must say, I am not too satisfied on how the cargo pocket looks modeled on . I guess if there's something in it it'll enlarge but not in the way I made it, it looks like someone shoved a triangular armor plate in his pocket.. ... or is it just me :)

Cargo pockets don't contribute much to the silhouette of the character anyways unless they are fill of stuff. You could probably just extrude a bulge in that area and have a tidy normal map and noone would be the wiser. By extrude, I simply mean a topology form as if by extrusion with N and E poles as in the following image:

Poles_from_extrusion.jpg

Don't worry too much about the definitions of N pole or E pole. Just that this form will create shading and forms conducive to representing pockets. The model need not be so tessellated as in the image to take advantage of this technique, nor does it necessarily need to have curved sides or be subdivided.

some new german spec ops. The ZUZ Spec Ops.

zuzw.th.jpg

ZUZ ingame

I've updated the helmet. It's also used by the GSG9. The ZUZ units have the visor in yellow. I've erased him for first version because my alpha channel visor texture wont work ingame. In O2 it works but not in bulldozer :confused:

ZUZ real shot (1995)*

*My units are more modern like with the zuz emblem and the genital protection with the "ZOLL" initals

Edited by Marseille77

Mate maybe you should go back a page and read, you know b4 you agressivley call me a troll...

Taken back, went back and read. I apologoize for that.

I've had a model stolen from me in the past so as you can imagine i don't want to be lumped in with those kinds of people.

:bounce3:

Made a few minor changes to the bodywork, started to shape the canopy and fuselage to make them fit better & added a couple of fuel tanks under the wings. More tweaks and additions to do but I'll be working on them after Christmas as the project is well ahead of schedule & I've been working non-stop for a good couple of months now. (Time for...CHRISTMAS BREAK!)

52dpao.jpg

orteev.jpg

2n7mnuh.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

To make the Insurgent version i just loaded a screenshot of insurgent brdm-2 to look at and basically spray painted the gecko similar with closely matching colours. Just like a spray painter lol. I don't use any cut paste stuff, i just hand draw (spray) the pattern with brushes in different opacities/flow etc and hit some areas harder than others over the base colour (green)

I was always good at painting with spray cans ;)

Then i put some dirty effects in etc

Do you use the Viewport canvas feature on max2011?

Pretty much finished Vilas SA-8 Gecko retexture in ChDKZ camo, hope i have not dissapointed ;)

Now just to finish the others

Was really hoping to have a BIS camo matching Russian version by today but the door bell rang and we had visitors just after i got started on it

insurgents55.jpg

Larger Image

Insurgents66.jpg

Larger Image

Insurgents77.jpg

Larger Image

Do you use the Viewport canvas feature on max2011?

I use Photoshop, Never tried Max 2011

Nice work on the F-15 too mate :)

Edited by vasmkd

Looks good vasmkd !

@st3rv,

Nice work. Only comment would be, have you considered applying your skills to a plane thats not already available in the game?

Gnat;1814698']

@st3rv' date='

Nice work. Only comment would be, have you considered applying your skills to a plane thats not already available in the game?[/quote']

Yeah, I got that one on Armaholic too. The thing is, the F15 thats already out, well...the models getting a bit old now. Not to say that it wasn't a good job because it really was. But ideally, the F15 i'm working on will be better (animations in particular)

Like I was hinting at earlier, was that I might be able to implement some form of damage animations and models. I'm not sure how do-able it is, but if its possible then I'll be sure to give it a go. That way, vasmkd's gekko will have something a little more challenging to shoot down ;)

Perhaps you are aware of an aircraft that I am not that looks like an f15 but has a tail probe between the engines, and space enough to fit one. :p