Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

CHDKZ is most hard to do , many hours on painting this "spray U" on vehicle, CHDKZ will be most time-cost reskin , i would not have patience to make it my own, so bravo in advance for Insurgents reskin effort

Some random experimentation I been doing in the last few days regarding shrapnel.

These are not just visual effects. They are spawning shrapnel objects (at this time just normal bullet classes, in the first video its the GAU-8 rounds, just for fun, normally its 7.62 rounds).

HBa4_MNqJq8

The video below shows cows being used as test subjects (... :p) but also the various incarnations. Mixed airburst/groundburst, then ground bursts only, then ground bursts wtih the actual main explosive.

mUcJwXUZ1Xw

Shrapnel spreads in the direction of flight in a cone related to the angle of attack. Hopefully this will lend more credence to the term danger close (I was thwacked a couple of times and killed from 200 so meters way by the random piece of shrapnel that decided to find its way ricocheting across the ground to me).

Performance over all is generally good. Need to make sure it works well on networks (shrapnel will not be sycned, which gives it more of a virtual density). Someone wrote in the biki that createVehicleLocal still creates network objects for ammo classes. If that is the case I will have to do some experimenting with other classes.

CHDKZ is most hard to do , many hours on painting this "spray U" on vehicle, CHDKZ will be most time-cost reskin , i would not have patience to make it my own, so bravo in advance for Insurgents reskin effort

U sucked me into this and now ur making me worried it's too hard to do ;):D

Looks like a good start, St3rv, but the turbosmooth isn't doing you any favours.

haha true words mate, I'll look for another way with it, the reason i'm using turbosmooth is mostly so i can position the polys correctly on the editable poly. Like with the point that joins the canopy to the fuselage, if you look closely you can see its looking a little off, using turbosmooth helped me identify that issue with ease.

noubernou you are briliant ! that's so cool now we need to watch out of CAS ;)

This is a 'rough draft', very rough of a four man combat vehicle that was built for a contract bid with the USMC. The name of the project was: AP Ultra. I have made some modifications to it. It has a three tube rocket launcher for anti-missle self defense or MG nest clearing/building assaults. It also comes with a 25mm cannon, FLIR color camera, laser designator and EM pulse generator as seen on the hood. My designation for this A/N APTC07 - MoD 0

The powertrain is a 7 speed diesel/hybrid electric drive. Meaning is can go into a kind of stealth running mode with the electric motor. Additionally it employs fulltime AWD.

I don't have the model anymore but I am looking to re-build it if enough people want it. Here are a couple of snap shots.

(keep in mind this was made in 2007. My modelling skills have improved since then.)

ultraao02cm6.jpg

ultraap01vf5.jpg

Wheels have turbosmooth on for rendering purposes.

Edited by SPEKTRE76

AWESOME:eek::eek:

the turret of the vehicle is inspiring vehicles Israelis who call the niches right?

CHDKZ is most hard to do

On the contrary- i n fact it is the most easy one ;)

Set 2 layers -> one bieng the plain olive version of the hull; the second the yellowish hull Set the olive on top and with blurry eraser tool make these erratic 'spaghetti' camo. And voilla. It takes like 5 minutes, really

It is a lot easier than regualr camo, where you need to pay attention to the spots, so they fit (top/side hull etc.)

This is a 'rough draft', very rough of a four man combat vehicle that was built for a contract bid with the USMC. The name of the project was: AP Ultra. I have made some modifications to it. It has a three tube rocket launcher for anti-missle self defense or MG nest clearing/building assaults. It also comes with a 25mm cannon, FLIR color camera, laser designator and EM pulse generator as seen on the hood. My designation for this A/N APTC07 - MoD 0

The powertrain is a 7 speed diesel/hybrid electric drive. Meaning is can go into a kind of stealth running mode with the electric motor. Additionally it employs fulltime AWD.

I don't have the model anymore but I am looking to re-build it if enough people want it. Here are a couple of snap shots.

(keep in mind this was made in 2007. My modelling skills have improved since then.)

pic

pic

im 90% sure ive seen that very same model on turbosquid..

im 90% sure ive seen that very same model on turbosquid..

Well, the TS guys name and this guys name bear a striking resemblance...so maybe it's him. Who knows?

Abs

After the release of the BD5 Jet I get the idea to to make this soldier pack

soldierbeta512.jpg

fictious latin american soldier (wip)

Looks very nice, and a cool camo.. continue with this.

LoL, RH dishing out the pain right there!

how? he made the model, and he put it on turbosquid.. ?

Simple solution is to ask him if he made it. All this pointing fingers at someone is not gonna help anything. Plus if he says he didn't make it but downloaded it it's a free model. He can port it without any problems.

how? he made the model' date=' and he put it on turbosquid.. ?[/quote']

Good point, my bad. I have a question, Does anyone know whether or not you can make parts of a vehicle break off when its been hit by a missile?

Perhaps and animation for each hit the vehicle takes or something?

wow i never suggested he didnt make it lol, simply pointing out that i had seen that model around b4 hand...

wow i never suggested he didnt make it lol, simply pointing out that i had seen that model around b4 hand...

Maybe

Here

or

Here

But looks cool SPEKTRE76 hope to see it ingame..

Hi i'm working on mh-60 coast guard reskin for City Life RPG mod. If you want i can release for everyone.

Features:

-Have own config.

-Flares edited. Now they can stay in air longer and illuminating ground.

-It will coming with sample air rescue mission.

-It is coming with new addon: Rescue basket.

-Added 3rd front light.

rr37li.jpg

rtiyr9.jpg

2sb8kzp.jpg

Edited by murtoo

Is it kosher to buy models and port them to ArmA2?

I want an M198 so badly that I've considered buying one... Too lazy to model and texture one myself (though thats what I will probably end up doing).

I don't see why it wouldn't be. I'd think most of us would welcome a new addon. You just have to follow the terms and conditions the modeller has set.