Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

is this in bulldozer and ingame? Bacause if its just in bulldozer then it could be just the dozer settings.

It's both, because of how the texture is saved. Before this goes too far, maybe I should ask if I can even do anything about it, by showing comparisons...

Is this normal?

Thanks again, guys.

Abs

Is this normal?

Hmm... normally it shouldn't be...

Can't see any difference between tga and paa in the above, no quality loss of such magnitude at least.. Sorry

For what it is worth, i remember 'solid' color as background isn't adviced. I'm refurring to the solid grey and black of the panels. I kinda remember having that issue, but could be wrong. You might want to give all solid color some noise (or add the AO map as multiplied layer).

Abs, according to what DaSquade is advising maybe go for a subtle overlay texture of galanized metal for these solid grey and black? It's somehow chracteristic for 1960's equipment ;) AO is always good and should be a standard feature used by everyone - gives a lot of depth to surfaces.

I've added an AO map for the exterior texture using a spotlight in 3ds max, but I can't figure out how to make a nice one for the interior. Believe it or not, it has an AO for the interior, but the light source was too bright, and it's barely noticable.

I'll try adding a metal overlay to it...thanks again guys. :yay: Right, I'm off to bed now. G'nite!

Abs

(God I hate texturing.)

I've added an AO map for the exterior texture using a spotlight in 3ds max, but I can't figure out how to make a nice one for the interior. Believe it or not, it has an AO for the interior, but the light source was too bright, and it's barely noticable.

I'll try adding a metal overlay to it...thanks again guys. :yay: Right, I'm off to bed now. G'nite!

Abs

(God I hate texturing.)

i would add the ao/as map using a sjylight rather than a generic point light. remember that the lights are managed differently if they are generic or photometric (for photometric you need real life scaled units)

Is it over , can i go home yet ?

Seems to take forever but work progresses slowly but surely .

Mapped most of the model , but just like Columbo there is always just one more thing ...few more bits to add and map , the LOD's are shaping up , trying to stop any ugly lod popping.

Works nicely in game just needs some final cfg love .

Thermal maps are done

Interior started , about 50% with that atm

Will be making the earlier Chobham armour too .

77700958.th.jpg

57801867.th.jpg

45232607.th.jpg

swapping internet providers over xmas so the infrequent updates will most likey resume after the new years debauchery and i get the feeling back in my limbs and eyes .

Keep the updates coming Orson, sir, ideally in a thread of her own-

she's worth it!

btw ... no, not btw... more My God Man! She's flying the Star Spangled Banner!:eek:

Looks mega Chris! I see you added the drivers TI viewer; that should be pretty swish with OA features. Are you going to add the RARDEN ejection port to the normal map like on the old model?

I got back to the depot for the first time in months last week and got a peek at the latest TES(H) Warriors. It's not good news I'm afraid; they've changed the bloody things again. :(

cheers fellas, encouragement keeps you warm on cold winter nights :)

@12th yep driver has TI wh/bh but not sure if both are available irl ?

Was thinking about the foam padded grab bar over the sights , do crew really fall out over the front enough to warrant that ... the padding came later ofc after enough crew smacked their heads on it while braking

About the ejection port i planed to 50/50 model and normals.. quite a few little details still need adding

.... and it does not surprise me at all that they updated the thing ,

..btw whats the update ? fat lo pro's , spinners and after market body kit ?

Edited by orson

cheers fellas, encouragement keeps you warm on cold winter nights :)

@12th yep driver has TI wh/bh but not sure if both are available irl ?

Yea, there's a little 'polarity' switch on the screen thing that lets you switch between WH and BH.

..btw whats the update ? fat lo pro's , spinners and after market body kit ?

Quite a lot actually. There are changes to to drive train that have been on the cards for a while (similar to what we did for CVR(t) 235/TES(H)). But since I've been away, BAe have also integrated a lot of new crew protection features; the armour package is now modular, they've also added safer seating. The most noticeable difference is the frontal armour.

Hmmm what is this?

m137_alpha_sight_compensated.jpg

:)

"Hey diddle diddle, far pole in the middle!"

Who ever makes this, let them know I <3 them.

"Hey diddle diddle, far pole in the middle!"

Who ever makes this, let them know I <3 them.

I just wish the M119 traversed more than 100 mils to the left and right... Traversing the whole gun is a pain in the butt (in real life, not so much virtually where it weighs nothing).

and I really wish I could simulate a collimator... :p (actually have some ideas on achieving it...)

This system would also be cool to have implemented for the ground mounted mortars as well, is that part of the plan?

This system would also be cool to have implemented for the ground mounted mortars as well, is that part of the plan?

Yes, the aiming stakes are from Vigilante and I's M224 system for ACE2. That will probably be coming shortly. Howitzers are easier to animate though (the traversing mechanism is annoyingly hard to animate on mortars!).

Also want to get a M198 and M777 in for the howitzers, and some SP systems too... (hint, hint Soul Assassin!). ;)

I got back to the depot for the first time in months last week and got a peek at the latest TES(H) Warriors. It's not good news I'm afraid; they've changed the bloody things again. :(

What's this? Us Brits updating our military equipment before modders finish the damn thing? Never seen that before lol :)

@orson, looking mega matey :) Good to hear you will be doing the earlier Chobham armour too! Really like the rtm anim for the guy turned out on top!

Been watching your warrior for awhile now, she's blossoming beautifully more and more with each picture I see.