Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

that's some good looking stuff there drmidnight. i like it.

Thanks, definitely more to come.

Fox- The first one definitely looks better at a distance, but I would have to see it ingame to compare with the other one.

@dennis

if that is supposed to be a LLM in front of the frontgrip , it looks out of proportion to me.

Looking good. Two of the rails in the top viewport seem to be off a little, unless it got messed up from the screenshot.

Extremely early wip of a RAV with a velcro front flap instead of the zipper. Just getting the basic shapes in before I sharpen up the edges a bit.

2zr29eb.jpg

And the backpack in it's current state. Still undecided on how to attach the bolt cutters properly.

2w4z9sk.jpg

Damn you're quick. Good work man. Cant wait for more!

And the backpack in it's current state. Still undecided on how to attach the bolt cutters properly.

the "blade" should point upwards, if you but a strap between the two handgrips, it can't slip through. like that /°\ , ° resembling the strap or whatever you want to put inbetween and /\ the handgrips. I would put it in the middle of the backpack instead of the side.

If it was smaller you could have just hooked it into the Mollewebbing, one loop for each handgrip.

Edited by Fennek

the "blade" should point upwards, if you but a strap between the two handgrips, it can't slip through. like that /°\ , ° resembling the strap or whatever you want to put inbetween and /\ the handgrips. I would put it in the middle of the backpack instead of the side.

If it was smaller you could have just hooked it into the Mollewebbing, one loop for each handgrip.

I was thinking bolt cutters only close so far so that's why they are faced that way, but I just found mine and checked it out and they would most definitely slip through. Thanks for the suggestion, I am going to give that a shot once I make my way back to working on the pack. I also want to fix the molle webbing a bit so it gives the feeling that it is looped like on a real pack. Currently it just seems like a strip that is all on the same level. Just need to add a slight gradiant to both edges of the alpha and it should give that impression.

EDIT: My hand started hurting from sculpting the vest, haven't used my tablet so much in quite awhile, so I decided to see what everything looks like together so far. I still have tons of stuff to do to the vest, only really finished roughing out one shoulder pad thingy. Probably a good 80% of the vest to go.

Going to redo the admin pouch, don't really like it.

30m0ow3.jpg

Edited by drmidnight

drmidnight- you are doing excelent job :)

btw you could make some pack with "MOH beard style" soldiers :p

We were thinking of bdu rangers but

Sfod-d or CIA dudes would be ideas l

early WIP shots of the predator model i'm making for charon's ofp predator mod port. i hope it's possible to animate the mouth.

http://img827.imageshack.us/i/greenberets25.jpg/

http://img577.imageshack.us/i/greenberets31.jpg/

http://img248.imageshack.us/i/greenberets32.jpg/

edit: just noticed that the shots are distorted (stretched upwards) but u get the idea

Awesome job on that model, looks pretty good from those screens!

Sweet Benson!! :D

@Drmidnight, that looks insane! You're amazing! :D

@BadBenson

The Predator model actually reminds me of something... maybe a comic book rendition of the creature. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Compared to the prosthetic head used in the movie, I don't think there is enough flesh up front. Yours also appears very rounded and subdued, whereas the one from the movie appears very chunky and defined. The eyebrows, for instance, droop well into the very deep eye cavities. The brow and the rows where the 'deadlocks' grow present more of a 90 degree angle, and are well defined... sort of as two forms that crash into each other, in contrast to yours where they blend together.

now that u said that i noticed i accidently used the deformed model from zbrush i used to make the normals. i'm gonna post screen with the right head model in a min. it looks alot less rounded out. and the area where the dreads start is more in an angle to the eyebrows.

other than that it's hard to make drastic changes without deforming the texture too much. i'll see what i can do;)

EDIT: i got caught up in modelling the gear. but here it is. i also closed the mouth since this is the supposed idle position. the mouth will be hopefully animated.

prede.th.jpg

Edited by Bad Benson

get to the choppa !

Awesome work on that model !

Peace through superior fire-power.

buldozer2010-11-0516-11-34-31.jpg

I hope you can see where I'm going with this.:cool:

It's way too clean (Especially the helmet), muddy it up a bit with scratches bumps and dirt and what not and you'll be golden. Also, use of the super-shader won't hurt either. :)

Edit:

Is that Niko Bellic?

Ahmed Bellic :D

I'll try. And i'm thinking about adding an extra equipment like beyonets, and gas mask bag.

Ahmed Bellic :D

I'll try. And i'm thinking about adding an extra equipment like beyonets, and gas mask bag.

That goes into the realm of modeling, you'd require a MLOD from BIS, seeing as those are Takistani Army from OA. I don't know how hard that would be. You'd have to ask; they may be generous and give you a couple MLODs to modify, who knows?

If not, you'd have to start from scratch, boot, helmet and everything in between, and do the whole solider and create a UV, and what not. Sounds easy, right? :rolleyes:

I'm going to have to do the latter with future endeavors. ;)

Edit:

buldozer2010-11-0604-27-25-10.jpg

It's 3d now :D

Edited by b00ce