Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Awesome! Though the pants and shirt look a bit too....wrinkly.

Yeah, atm they are vanilla Arma 1 normals. Will tweak them to look better, just a matter of time..

thanks for the comments:)

today is like...marine day...

T9K0r.jpg

mtv stuff dude guy.. naughty me for subdividing :)

edit:

TtCa9.jpg

TtEFi.jpg

Edited by Fox '09

@NouberNou

Looks like a nice start, looking forward to see the progress on this one.

WIP Update

Got them working ingame this morning.

Also recieved ALICE gear from CWR mod; Great thanks for that again :)

And I found some good reference pics of the LBV they were wearing back then, so will make the vest as accurate as I can.

Plus Fingolfin send me some pictures that will be helpful.

Looks awesome. And because that guy has camo netting, I have to make a Generation Kill reference: "I LOVE YOU FRUITY RUDY!"

All modeling is done. Just need to cleanup a few things and fix a couple smoothing errors, unwrap it, and bake the normals.

sqns4o.jpg

33tr01v.jpg

A little something we're working on for Swedish Army Mod. RG32M "Galten" :) About half done so far. Hopefullty a completely modelled LOD1 next week!

galtbis.jpg

Slowly taking shape...

9K330_05_tn.png

This thing has some very odd shaped parts on it...

As for my model, not sure the best way to merge the geometry on the guidance radar there (the sphere face on the flat surface).

As for my model, not sure the best way to merge the geometry on the guidance radar there (the sphere face on the flat surface).

If I understood this right, the "dome" is a separate object and you want to merge it with the flat surface?

If that's the case and you are using 3ds max, how I normally do it is create a circle of edges on the flat surface by using snap to verts and basically tracing the circle, then delete the center poly, attach the dome to the flat surface object, select all the verts and hit weld.

Just the way I tend to do it, probably not the easiest as I'm sure there are many different ways, but it gives the cleanest results out of everything I have tried and is really quick.

Model is looking great by the way.

8Le4J.jpg

8Lo3i.jpg

CDF Conscripts :)

To be released within a week

"A well equiped conscript squad of recruits is being inspected before the training"

They have almost the same equipment as the regulars, but these have no vests, and they have another type of helmet. And the AKM.

Edited by Nixo

NouberNou, I'm still fairly new to modeling but wouldn't it be better just to leave the sphere face simply "attached" to the flat surface, but not like create and connect vertices so its one object? I don't think there's really be a difference, and if anything merging the two geometries would only create more unnecessary polygons on a flat surface right?

I usually create a single object, welding every vertices i don't want later to be moving. I guess that is the way i am used to do it. Obviously you end up with small headaches trying to connect different typologies in place, and most likely some additional polygons (especially when you want to keep everything as quads - which is unlikely to happen without some tris here and there)

There are plus and minuses about it, as everything else out there.

Got her in game to see how she looks.

ClassFs.jpg

I'm having an issue with the impulse engine glow, however. Click me. How can I make it so that the surrounding parts of the model also glow red?

Abs

Got her in game to see how she looks.

[imghttp://www.picdrop.net/uploads//ClassFs.jpg[/img]

I'm having an issue with the impulse engine glow, however. Click me. How can I make it so that the surrounding parts of the model also glow red?

Abs

Looking good!

Don't forget to make the thing fairly glossy and the engine nacelles slightly darker than the rest of the finish (I was just poking around for stills of the things from the show to see if I could help you with your impulse engine problem).

It seems like you can fake it with a texture like on a muzzle flash or a brake light with high emissivity settings. The alternative would be to somehow create light sources on the rear of the shuttlecraft. The white light coming out of the engines didn't seem to really interact with the shuttlecraft itself, though, anyways (or not enough to over-ride the studio lighting at any rate). Just remember that the light is inside the shuttlecraft itself and on the prop, is diffused by frosted glass. The only part that might interact with those lights under that condition would be a bit of those odd fin structures.

There will be more detalized cockpit in pilot view lod.

vvcs6WeCZM.png

HTT0EJERjD.png

QrUcRar8Om.png