Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Had a few more spare hours yesterday. Finished off LOD0 of the model and UV mapped it. Threw on the blueprints as temporary textures, as they'll serve as the layout for the actual textures soon.

classf03.jpg

classf03rear.jpg

Abs

Had a few more spare hours yesterday. Finished off LOD0 of the model and UV mapped it. Threw on the blueprints as temporary textures, as they'll serve as the layout for the actual textures soon.

Abs

Very nice. We need more SciFi Stuff, comparing to OFP times there are very few addons in that direction.

Thanks, Dr. H. I hope people will be okay with me making just the LOD0 on it. I imagnie that there won't be too many shuttles on the map at any given time, so I can't be arsed to make the other resolution lods. Plus, this will mean that it'll be released quicker.

Funny you should say OFP. Since I'm travelling Europe still for the next three weeks, I'm thinking of releasing this for OFP first as that's the only thing that runs on my crappy netbook.

Abs

PS: If there is a talented texture artist who would like to work on this with me as a side-project to whatever it is they may normally be working on, I'd love to hear from you. My texturing abilities are very basic. I'm not the kind of guy who will ask for an update every other day. Plus, it'll free me up to work on getting it into o2.

Edited by Abs
Requesting texture artist.

Wow, would not ever expect to see this Classic on these boards!

Listen Abs, you should not worry about the textures here; The hull of this shuttlecraft was smooth, there were no panels or rivets, nothing. It could be just white - that's all. What would require a little detail would be the faded pink/orange on the Bussard collectors, dark grey on the nacelle vents, plus the 'netting' or how to call this grill on the impulse engine, and voilla.

There was nothing complicated in the interior too.. More complex texture skills would be required if you wanted to do enything from the TMP and above era.

I have not watched all of the episodes of the Remastered TOS; probably the CGI guys updated the hull with details, same as they did with the big-E though...

Edited by topas

Lanber 2097 (kinda)

shotgun1_3321.jpg

Browning Maxus

shotgun2_3321.jpg

First time making all models + textures myself. So, don't be mean like Enad - Who i thought told me they look like shit. :'(

Still some textures to do.

Scripts ingame for cartridge ejection on the over/under shotgun which is pretty cool. :)

Edited by Dead3yez
enad crying :P

Lanber 2097 (kinda)

[iM]http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/shotgun1_3321.jpg[/img]

Browning Maxus

[iM]http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/shotgun2_3321.jpg[/img]

First time making all models + textures myself. So, don't be mean like Enad - Who told me they look like shit. :'(

Scripts ingame for cartridge ejection on the over/under shotgun which is pretty cool. :)

id like to see enad make some work of his own, anyway good stuff! i like it!

so that's what you were making huh. v. nice. cant wait to kill taki goats

so that's what you were making huh. v. nice. cant wait to kill taki goats

Or this goat....

First time making all models + textures myself. So, don't be mean like Enad - Who told me they look like shit. :'(

I like it, they both look great for a first timer..it reminds me of my very first model. http://www.n00bstories.com/image.fetch.php?id=1376586573 yeah..yours looks better. Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing it ingame

Edited by NodUnit

You sent me ingame settings at like Very Low settings and they looked ugly, I'm sorry, I wasn't judging the Model at all. It looks awesome, and you didnt even show me these pictures, which I think look pretty awesome, especially the black one.

Don't try to make people think I call your work shit for the hell of it, because I don't.

Don't try to make people think I call your work shit for the hell of it, because I don't.

okay, here are some flowers for you. for misunderstanding?

:756:

And I should have them done by tonight or tomorrow. But I'm not going to make a release until I have finished the clay pigeon shooting challenges/campaign to go with them.

Wow, would not ever expect to see this Classic on these boards!

Listen Abs, you should not worry about the textures here; The hull of this shuttlecraft was smooth, there were no panels or rivets, nothing. It could be just white - that's all. What would require a little detail would be the faded pink/orange on the Bussard collectors, dark grey on the nacelle vents, plus the 'netting' or how to call this grill on the impulse engine, and voilla.

There was nothing complicated in the interior too.. More complex texture skills would be required if you wanted to do enything from the TMP and above era.

I have not watched all of the episodes of the Remastered TOS; probably the CGI guys updated the hull with details, same as they did with the big-E though...

Thanks for the advice, Topas. I'll give it a shot and see what I can do. I'll post here with progress and would love your feedback when I do. :)

Abs

Preliminary texture work. Doing as much work as I can on my netbook until I get back to Canada on the 18th and back to my PC. Hopefully I'll be able to show some ingame shots shortly after then.

classf04.jpg

Abs

Edited by Abs
Changed the picture due to some minor texture work.

cant wait to crash that!

Neither can I. ;)

Abs

You mean the number of vertices?

I´ve never made a helicopter, but I´d start with a cube, add some edge loops and extrude where necessary. Then simply drag the verts in position. Once you got the basic overall shape of the heli, do the details but try to keep a single mesh as long as possible. Its easier to control the polycount this way.

At least that how I made my HMS 'Subdivision' (:p) but it should be the workflow for all complex models. This started as a cube, too:

th_1jpeg-1.png

Edit:

Oh, and very nice work, Abs!

Edited by malibu.stacey

That may be best, or at least start over to a point, rather than skipping around the body and forming seperate parts its best to extrude as you go, form new segments and shape them as necessary as you go otherwise you come into the new parts and things don't match, and you run into all kinds of new problems.

Seriously ebanks? I swear you are a mind reader because you seem to be working on two areas in Afghanistan I am deeply interested in.

First it is the infamous valleys of Kunar province, and now it is the Takur Ghar area and the Shah-i-Kot valley and Paktika I presume. Excellent news for me to see those screen shots and I hope to someday be exploring the mountains, valleys, and ridges of the aforementioned places when it's done. Robert's Ridge anyone? Never heard of Operation Red Wing, but just looked it up. Amazing story. Keep up the impressive work ebanks and thank you for your efforts and accomplishments in visitor!

Edited by Requiem007

Aha need some 2002 rangers & seals? :D

as usual, looking sharp , bro

yeah ebanks you sure do pic out the most "interesting" and usable area's outta afghanistan! still waiting on my "tarin-kowt"! lol

but forreal tho Kunar is rich in "Operation Enduring Freedom" history! and i will personaly make great use of this map! and seeing how my cusin, uncle and a few others have served or currently still serving in the kunar region this will be on a personal level for me, along with your "Tarin-Kowt" map!