Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

The positive feedback to my KSK mod encouraged me to do more, so I'm in the process of re-texturing more of BIS' units with flecktarn. Sure you can argue that they don't wear authentic Bundeswehr gear (in contrast to e.g. the BW-Mod infantry), but with a replacement config they might be interesting for a few people (like Binkowski's great OMON units with replacement config, which I'm using on every warfare server that allows addons, just for the looks).

Also I tried to turn the Ghillie from that weird uni-colored walking haystack into something that looks more like a camosuit that has been fitted with some grass and foilage.

74c82acb.jpg aiu8dl4t.jpg

The positive feedback to my KSK mod encouraged me to do more, so I'm in the process of re-texturing more of BIS' units with flecktarn. Sure you can argue that they don't wear authentic Bundeswehr gear (in contrast to e.g. the BW-Mod infantry), but with a replacement config they might be interesting for a few people (like Binkowski's great OMON units with replacement config, which I'm using on every warfare server that allows addons, just for the looks).

Also I tried to turn the Ghillie from that weird uni-colored walking haystack into something that looks more like a camosuit that has been fitted with some grass and foilage.

74c82acb.jpg aiu8dl4t.jpg

Looks Great Mate.

work on my rangers continue:-

ranger1.th.jpg

ranger2.th.jpg

ranger3.th.jpg

think ive nearly perfected UCP :D

almost, i think it could be a bit more blue. I think johnny's UCP is perfect , the right amount of blue , gray, etc. the oa army men

Also the vest needs to be much more darker. Like helmet but little bit desaturated...

And yeah - UCP needs more blue, looks just too plain atm...

Yeah gonna say the same. It looks too mono-tone atm and it's super bright. But looking good!!

ebanks129: Any more detail on Kunar and Tarin Kowt? Size, progress?

Looks sweet...

;1690908']ebanks129: Any more detail on Kunar and Tarin Kowt? Size' date=' progress?

Looks sweet...[/quote']

They are all 20km x 20km. The pics of Kunar are outdated since i've developed a new sat image for it. But Tarin Kowt is in the process of adding in all the trees..and figuring out what to do with the river..

Nice...

Regarding river - in A-stan rivers are just usefull. Not much to do with them - river patrols just don't fit. So either make it really small with lot of passes or just replace it with road or something...

;1690974']Nice...

Regarding river - in A-stan rivers are just usefull. Not much to do with them - river patrols just don't fit. So either make it really small with lot of passes or just replace it with road or something...

Good idea with the road! I'm seeing dirt roads with small water spots here and there in place of the river which i'll now photoshop out...or something hah:)

damn man send me dem maps now! but no more paint on rivers...

damn man send me dem maps now! but no more paint on rivers...

Lol I know....I'm going to have dirt roads where they are with water spots:p. And photoshop the "look at me paint on rivers" out.

@fox i was just wondering if you were going to release the A-Stan marines sometime soon? they look really good

well , enad says they're still too 'special-force'-y

so i may get my modeler (or do it myself) to make a SPC / scalable plate carrier, aka what they use in astan right now, I think.

well ' date=' enad says they're still too 'special-force'-y

so i may get my modeler (or do it myself) to make a SPC / scalable plate carrier, aka what they use in astan right now, I think.[/quote']

could you just release the a stan marines. i really like the reskin. pleeeaaassseeeeeeeeeeee. today is my birthday!

well ' date=' enad says they're still too 'special-force'-y

so i may get my modeler (or do it myself) to make a SPC / scalable plate carrier, aka what they use in astan right now, I think.[/quote']

Maybe they could be Force Recon or something then? They don't 'have' to be regular marine infantry. ;)

ill see about it. they are supposed to represent the marines in combat outposts.

Is there anyway to add Arma 2 Marine helmets to them with your retex? I think the special forces helmet makes them look like MARSOC or something special forces like.

i can add any object from any unit as long as i have permissions / credit (depending if it's from bi or not)

but , I am not working with the real mlods , and I dont feel like re-doing selections ( it's tedious work) so i will redo them later on. Hopefully bink will be back soon , as I want to use something from his units.

Is there anyway to add Arma 2 Marine helmets to them with your retex? I think the special forces helmet makes them look like MARSOC or something special forces like.

Yeah, I agree.

They just look too much like Special Forces. But they're good regardless.

nothing wrong with them i think:) cool units one way or the other.