Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Are you changing the gun over to the M3P Pufu?

yeah, didn't get there yet though. I have restarted work on it just yesterday morning...

Got some great ref pics thnx to rock:

http://kr.blog.yahoo.com/psk1000/RSSREADER/view.html?fid=5&item_id=179192&idx=24793&page=1&ltype=list&post_align=

@rock: cheers for the pick, already fixed that yesterday afterposting the pic :)

@RH: rotor shape is a bit generic. Care to be more precise plz? The pic is also a bit distorted. will post another laters today.

Edited by PuFu

yeah, didn't get there yet though. I have restarted work on it just yesterday morning...

Got some great ref pics thnx to rock:

http://kr.blog.yahoo.com/psk1000/RSSREADER/view.html?fid=5&item_id=179192&idx=24793&page=1&ltype=list&post_align=

@rock: cheers for the pick, already fixed that yesterday afterposting the pic :)

@RH: rotor shape is a bit generic. Care to be more precise plz? The pic is also a bit distorted. will post another laters today.

Maybe if you have some time you could add the new DAGR Laser-guided rockets.

:)

WIP imgs - current status

Click for larger:

kiw_wip_sml.png

kiwo_wip_sml.jpg

the line at the tip of the nose where the normal hull and the glass meet seems to be too low. look at this pic http://www.airforceworld.com/heli/gfx/oh58/oh58_2.jpgfor example. it's not right on the tip but u have it still too low. also the way the "feet" are attached to the body is much more simple than u made it.

sorry ifi'm so picky. just trying to give some constructive input;)

@Pufu - i like the model ,but the whole main rotor part looks so small/thin and i sayed before that Rotor hub is too thin , make it like in those pics pls , anyway thx for showing wip

Edited by RobertHammer

chopper looks good!

i agree with RH though

Anyway, I worked on my acu a bit more, I'm going to learn how to put dirt etc on it..

51wsJ.jpg

51yXS.jpg

edit: yes I have perms for the helmet, but I won't use it :) I did that for enad

Anyway' date=' I worked on my acu a bit more, I'm going to learn how to put dirt etc on it..

edit: yes I have perms for the helmet, but I won't use it :) I did that for enad[/quote']

Nice detail ACU - btw i guess 4096x4096 y? :p

yeah, I find it easier to work with in paint.net, but if it's too large in the pbo i could always just drop it to 2048.. Scuba said something about graphics cards not supporting it, not sure.

yeah' date=' I find it easier to work with in paint.net, but if it's too large in the pbo i could always just drop it to 2048.. Scuba said something about graphics cards not supporting it, not sure.[/quote']

Yea , old gpu's like some ati's they dont support 4096 ,but anyway 90% of us have modern gpu's and they have no problem with 4096

btw better for game is 2048 - less fps eating

i"ll probably drop it to 2048, at distance units are white.. :p

edit:

http://filesmelt.com/dl/arma2_2010-06-26_03-10-02-09.png

http://filesmelt.com/dl/arma2_2010-06-26_03-11-01-43.png

Bad Benson sent me his WIP rangers and Special Forces to check out, I gave a shot at the rangers. The RVMATs, sdmi, as, have issues right now, i removed them for the time being.,... next time you'll hear anything about these it will be next week or so. Thanks bad benson!

legs aren't right, I thought they were "turned" left to right, but instead it gave me up down.. if you know what i mean

Edited by Fox '09

seriously dude where do u get off being the high and mighty master of what and how people should show their renders? You havn't shown any amaizing work either nor wip renders, the AH-1 screens dont really count as they were viewport grabs neither do the buldozer shots. And how many finalized addons have you released? Jesus man, get off your horse.

LOL.

If I was looking for comment on rendered scenes I would make some. The screen grabs were for mesh comments and the buldozer shots were for comment on the textures and materials. We put work up here for comment, don't we? And if we didn't want comment on a certain kind of render, why would we put up that kind?

Hope it's not a problem if I post this here, it is a WIP but it's more so of a question rather than a display. I'm working on an M1A1 abrams and trying to make the tracks more "3D" with alpha channels like the Bradleys in OA, problem is there is a gap between the treadlinks and I was wondering if anyone might know of a way to overcome this..

From the side you can see the treacks are mostly fine, thick and you can see the tread links extending with their alpha's.

sideview.jpg

But from a more extreme angle you can see how the links have no sides.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Model%20work/M1A1%20Abrams/alphatrack.jpg?t=1277503478 (pic over 100kb)

I think, since the track movements are animated UVs and I *think* that the tracks themselves are weighted to suspension bones for deformation, there is no real way to do it by geometry without dramatically altering the track simulation. Any kind of knowledge of that stuff is way beyond my pay grade, though.. I think doing it by texture the way you have it, which actually looks quite good in spite of the artifacts, is the best result possible.

Edited by Max Power

A shot of the destroyed version of my temple for my "Worlds" Island.

arma22010-06-2612-23-40-51_L.jpg

I just noticed it's missing normals on some side.

I was thinking of creating a dense populated area (kinda like the desert area in Gothic 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I7VlBkeXzk ), so with reskins of the OA buildings this will probably work pretty well.

Been working some of our airplane and silly plane comes with 3 MFD.. that is 3 displays that can display anything.. so we had to do something right? Can't have just static images like bis..

so i present the SFP Air 2 Air Radar.. WIP but still and not a very promoting video..

R5SrXcCWBQU

@ Nodunit

Have you considered insignia and random numbers for your M1a1?

@ Nodunit

Have you considered insignia and random numbers for your M1a1?

Nope, no consideration for random anything, still need to finish it before any of that.

@Max Power: Well thank you, I was up late when I asked so I thought I might simply be missing a certain mesh direction to add the sides.

@Icewindo

Looks goog, but you maight want to check/fix your sharp(U)/smooth(I) edge setting.

This is a idea i wanted to see put into arma . Im at JBB Balad, Iraq (aka LSA Anaconda) and to see the C-RAM in action is awsome. so i wanted to get it in the game here are som pics of my model so far. I know its not an exact of one but it would work for the game . please feel free to comment or make sugestions and if anyone wants to help i would welcome it thanx. Im realy new to addon making so it might take me a while to get it done as i am still learning alot of what it takes to make a completed addon. The C-RAM is a land based version of the Phalanx CIWS used by the Navy. IT is a 20 mm M61A1 Gatling gun firing 3,000 M-246 or 4,500 M-940 rounds per minute. It uses radar to track incoming rockets,artillery or mortars and shoot them down.

c-ram6.jpg

c-ram5.jpg

c-ram4.jpg

SOPMOD Block II weapons, figured porting some of the stuff I'm working on for the cry-engine to Arrowhead wouldn't be too hard. I'm going to start with the M4A1, Mk18 mod 1, and Mk12 mod 1 with the latest and greatest in accessories.

Still WIP, let me know if you spot any issues. About 40,000 polys at the moment. The KAC sights supposedly are to scale, but still seem a tad small...

th_m41.jpg