Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

sweeet where's that at??

it's actually the same area in oruzgan kinno is working on. it's just a coincidence. i started to work on that area long ago for arma 1. so no intention of competition. if i'll manage to place all objects (80%+ is done) before OA then i'll release it as a placeholder till takistan is coming. but maybe i'll release it after OA release anyways who knows.

A pmc?

i don't get it. sorry

it's actually the same area in oruzgan kinno is working on. it's just a coincidence. i started to work on that area long ago for arma 1. so no intention of competition. if i'll manage to place all objects (80%+ is done) before OA then i'll release it as a placeholder till takistan is coming. but maybe i'll release it after OA release anyways who knows.

i don't get it. sorry

Probly talking about your sf guys. But yeah I'm sure we would all love to see a small release:)

That PMC SF guy sure looks cool! The map does aswell! Nice job man!

That PMC SF guy sure looks cool! The map does aswell! Nice job man!

Those better be released soon or I'm out 50,000 quid! :p

KCT trooper im currently working on for the up coming dutch mod (name yet to be decided lol)

kct03.th.jpg

kct.th.png

still a early version of it, want to completely redo the vest texture and a few other things, plus some model work but am liking how its coming out.

originals by Johannes, Binkowski and some helmet features by DaSquade (hope i havnt missed anyone there lol)

Cheers

Rhodesy

Edited by Rhodesy77

KCT trooper im currently working on for the up coming dutch mod (name yet to be decided lol)

still a early version of it, want to completely redo the vest texture and a few other things, plus some model work but am liking how its coming out.

originals by Johannes, Binkowski and some helmet features by DaSquade (hope i havnt missed anyone there lol)

Cheers

Rhodesy

This looks awesome!

This looks awesome!

x2.

Nice work Rhodesy.

Since I am unable to install ArmA 2 and still have mod commitments, I decided to try and find what sort of directx shaders there were on the web for work preview. I came across Laurens Corjin's excellent real time viewport shader for 3ds max. With it, you are able to get a very good approximation of BI's super shader rvmat.

trabidx.jpg xmback.jpg

xmfront.jpg xmside.jpg

The lighting is a bit moody as I was focused on making pretty pictures but any type of lighting situation is within your grasp to create. It's not as easy as selecting the time of day in buldozer, though.

continued due to image limit...

I also found a pretty neat realtime lit sphere shader called Matballz. A lit sphere shader takes an image if a sphere in some lighting situations and takes the 180 x 180 frontal degrees of reflection visible on that ball and correlates them to your model's surface normal's facing ratio and direction per pixel. What this does is captures the lighting information present in the scene at the time the picture was taken (if it's a photo) and the texture information of the material ball itself and applies them to your model. Zbrush relies heavily on techniques like this for its sculpting viewport.

trabimatball01.jpg trabimatball03.jpg

trabimatball02.jpg trabimatball04.jpg

The interesting thing about this is if you find a matball that you really like the lighting in, you can apply the matball shader to your model and then use the model as a guide on how to light your scene to get the effect you're after.

Edited by Max Power

Hi ive been working on so reskin of the BWmods UH-1 and i was wandering is there a function like that of the setTexture for flags in place for vehicle and is so what is the coding and if not how would i implement them ingame without have to overwrite the man texture in the pbo.

Heres a little taster to wet the appetite

presintation.jpg

@Scotc: You need to contact the BWMod. Last I heard they had a policy of no permissions/reskins for their stuff.

alright i'll get on to that thanks for the heads up

I may be working on an ACU texture to share. Still has lots of work to be done.. but yeah.. I'd show more but the rest ain't mine

This probably isn't going to be near to what the final is, as this is just a snippet of a the camo itself -> auto "seamless" -> sharpen -> tile to 2048x2048

Capture2.png

anyone interested?

VBL8.jpg

VBL9.jpg

VBL10.jpg

VBL11.jpg

Some WIP imageS of my VBL

more wip

VBL12.jpg

and more :)

VBL13.jpg

Edited by dob

WIP-shot: Kh-59

Textures are alpha status, it misses markings, details as well as scratches. Same goes for rvmat. Front wings are also subject of rework.

kh59.th.jpg

MC US guys...basically fictional. Made for myself and because Enad wouldn't stop bugging me...probs won't release because they aren't L337 enuf for the E to the nads taste:

mcrebl2.th.jpg

just me but they look to.. constrasty.. and dark.