Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

That's actually a pretty intriguing and unique idea, would be great to have radio's more lifelike and less 'you can use and hear it perfectly anywhere' Although if the system works would there be a way to enabling mobile communications vehicles the ability to provide radio ability in darker area's?

Yep, going to do retrans simulation as well. If you are assuming that comms with an area further away you can set up a re-trans station (could be as simple as HMMV on a hilltop with a 119 set to retrans mode hooked up in it on PA power) you can tune to that frequency (it will be a different frequency than the net you want to communicate on) and it will catch that signal and rebroadcast it on the original nets frequency at a higher power. :)

Yes (if you are talking about the 119, you need two). I should describe more clearly though for other people.

Person A is behind a hill.

Person B is on the other side of the hill.

Person C is with Person A.

Their radios can not communicate across the hill.

Person A and Person B and Person C were talking on Network 1 at 65.5Mhz. Both have their radios set to broadcast and listen on this frequency.

When Person A and Person C moved behind the hill Person B entered a radio deadzone for Person A and Person C. Anticipating this they set up a retransmission station on top of the hill. The retrans is doing something unique. It is listening on a frequency different than that of Network 1. This radio is listening on a frequency of 70Mhz. In the case of the AN/PRC-119 this radio would be the receiver. It would be physically hooked up to another AN/PRC-119 which would be the repeater. This repeater radio would be on Network 1 (65.5Mhz).

When Person A and Person C enters into the deadzone area of Person B they would still be able to communicate to each other (A to C, C to A) but not to B, so to talk to B, A has to switch his broadcasting frequency to the receiver in the retrans set (70Mhz). He then talks on this frequency. The receiver picks up this signal, sends it to the repeating 119 on the original Network 1 frequency and voila. Person B can hear Person A, and he didn't have to monitor two frequencies to do it. The same thing can happen for B to talk to A or C.

TASK FORCE 94

Green Eyes and Black Rifles

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFM1cR1yP8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFM1cR1yP8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

TASK FORCE 94

Green Eyes and Black Rifles

[YOUTUBE<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFM1cR1yP8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFM1cR1yP8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Not exactly sure what I'm looking at here. Maybe the videography thread would be better for this material?

^ it's a WIP of a campaign. Since there is no specific section, and it is technically a WIP, it belongs here. It's been done before.

Little side project I'm working on.

When I saw this photo below I immediately got exited to make this for arma. So made a little start on it tonight but I'm not sure if it will ever get released.

It's basicly a MI-8 with it's backdoors removed and it's armed with a Minigun.

http://img404.imageshack.us/i/n2da1w.jpg/

http://img693.imageshack.us/i/mi8wip1.png/

sorry for gravediggin Lennard but this looks awesome! can you post a DL link please? =)

Edited by Rellikki

Todays Update will bring the following 2 new Abrams Versions to the game, featering the TUSK I package:

* Abram Reactive Armor Tiles I (ARAT I), a block type tiles only in lower hull

* Loaders Armor Gun Shield (LAGS)

* Power Distribution Box (PDB) which gives power outlets to new TUSK subparts

* Drivers Vision Enhancer (DVE), Drivers thermals

* Counter Sniper / Anti Material Mount (CS/AMM), .50 cal over the main gun tube (according to photos seldom fielded at least in early stages of TUSK)

* Anti-Mine kit: Abrams Belly Armor (200mm extra V-shape armor under belly) and Mine Resistant Drivers Seat (seat hanging from the roof)

* Only installed to M1A1's versions that doesn't have CITV: Remote Thermal Sight (RTS), Thermal to commander's .50 cal

Click me if you can

and again

The damage of single parts like the turret and ARAT-Armour is animated, as all weapons are. A more complex wreck model is in the pipe as well.

Extended WreckInProgress

Xtended WreckInProgress

:P

^ it's a WIP of a campaign. Since there is no specific section, and it is technically a WIP, it belongs here. It's been done before.

You didn't present any WIP campaign material. You presented a video. Is the video WIP? Would you like crits? If that's the case I think you'd probably still be better off presenting it in the videography thread. I can try to crit it if you want.

Edited by Max Power

sorry for gravediggin Lennard but this looks awesome! can you post a DL link please? =)

Yeah sometime in the future I will. The Mi-8 you see there was a bugged 5 min job.

I'm now working on other stuff as the MI has a low priority.

Also Aushilfe, that's a sweet looking M1 update:thumbs-up:

Aushilfe;1632736']Todays Update will bring the following 2 new Abrams Versions to the game' date=' featering the TUSK I package:

* Abram Reactive Armor Tiles I (ARAT I), a block type tiles only in lower hull

* Loaders Armor Gun Shield (LAGS)

* Power Distribution Box (PDB) which gives power outlets to new TUSK subparts

* Drivers Vision Enhancer (DVE), Drivers thermals

* Counter Sniper / Anti Material Mount (CS/AMM), .50 cal over the main gun tube (according to photos seldom fielded at least in early stages of TUSK)

* Anti-Mine kit: Abrams Belly Armor (200mm extra V-shape armor under belly) and Mine Resistant Drivers Seat (seat hanging from the roof)

* Only installed to M1A1's versions that doesn't have CITV: Remote Thermal Sight (RTS), Thermal to commander's .50 cal

Click me if you can

and again

The damage of single parts like the turret and ARAT-Armour is animated, as all weapons are. A more complex wreck model is in the pipe as well.

Extended WreckInProgress

Xtended WreckInProgress

I hate you. I just changed my trousers this morning. :p

is that deck walkable? where is that ship found? pretty cool

@Black2:

dude, 727kb? Might wanna fix that before a mod hands you your ass on a silver platter ;)

woops D:

fixed it :D

Looks pretty epic, gonna look more epic with epic win textures. :D

Looks pretty epic, gonna look more epic with epic win textures. :D

still bussy with the models.. i aint even thinking about textures D:

gonna be desert themed though D:

that weapon was found in A1 ACE mod, may make a come back in Ace 2 if you put a ticket in their dev forum.

that weapon was found in A1 ACE mod, may make a come back in Ace 2 if you put a ticket in their dev forum.

im already making it myself.. so why would I? D:

if its for personal use only why u posting it in here?

to show off and get critisism?

.. just.. let a forum do its magic? D: