Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

I decided to do my first over paint to help you out. I hope you learn a few things from it :p .

Overpaint.jpg

Before you round or add anymore polygons I think it might be best to see just how many are actually in it, if you don't know how to do that just press 7 in the viewport and you will see both poly's and verts.

Although one thing to note, if your model is in Editable poly mode max will read tris' AND quads in their own respects, if your model is in Editable mesh mode then it will read as all triangles, to give a more firm count.

Before you round or add anymore polygons I think it might be best to see just how many are actually in it, if you don't know how to do that just press 7 in the viewport and you will see both poly's and verts.

Although one thing to note, if your model is in Editable poly mode max will read tris' AND quads in their own respects, if your model is in Editable mesh mode then it will read as all triangles, to give a more firm count.

what he said :D

looks cool though

i imported this cool model of the scorpion from Avatar into arma2

(not from original avatar game...)

scorpion11.jpg

scorpion22.jpg

Edited by McRuppert

i don't know if ubisoft accept people to use their meshes in other games.

maybe it would be better if you make your own version of it.

i don't know if ubisoft accept people to use their meshes in other games.

maybe it would be better if you make your own version of it.

no its not from the original game, it was a freeware i found in the web made in 3d studio

oh :) then no problem if it's something released to everyone :) just was a little ambiguous from what you said in your post :)

:O Will we also get the transport version with MGs on both side? epic wars shall begin! :D

The IP on that one may concern more than just ubisoft, but I still wana play with it. But aint the animation gona be a bitch.

well all am say is nice work on the scorpion gunship sir whan can we see a bate of it for us all to have a go on and iv got the dropship and the transport version with MGs and all freeware i think that i got from sketchup have a look on the site if you need tham

I'd like to see the Avatar stuff bundled with Aliens v Predator stuff. More I think about it the more Avatar and Aliens feels like the same universe.

I'd like to see the Avatar stuff bundled with Aliens v Predator stuff. More I think about it the more Avatar and Aliens feels like the same universe.

I'm working on the dropship at the moment. Eventually I plan on making other USCM weapons and armor, I hope.I'll have to give credit to SteveVCB for giving me the Aliens: Colonial Marine Tech. Manual, naturally. :D

Thanks again, Steve.

Assault rifle from star ship troopers just have to texture.

l_2a18fa57e5dc47e7ba94722ddd439bcb.jpg

:yay:

Any plans on doing the carbine or the sniper?

Ya the Carbine was also my favourite. :bounce3:

I have a script that gives me an accurate triangle count. I've been monitoring it. Don't worry.

Saw this on sketchup too. Considered importing it into Arma2, but I'm glad someone else is working on it. Yeah, the animation of the four rotors and the angling of the rotor pods when turning and braking will take some clever work, I'm sure. Maybe treating the rotor pods as ailerons is the way to go where left and right stick rotate them in opposite directions. Good luck with it all!

I must admit that the transport version is my preferred version, but both helos are awesome. Keep at it!