Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Very impressive model, alesh! I especially like that your model looks very detailed, while at the same time it's not over-the-top with faces - a smart model you might call it :)

I found the cannon pod to be pretty tricky to get correctly.

By face count do you mean triangle count?

Yes Triangles are called faces.

My Marder got 17.016 Points , 16.046 Faces. Just need the tracks and he is almost done. :) I am now working on a Milan, i will make one which you can use as static (like the TOW things) and one mounted on the Marder. :o

Yes Triangles are called faces.

It really depends on the program you're using. In Max, faces are divided by edges and can be any ngon. I think that's how Maya terms them aswell. Triangles are a separate count, as four sided faces are composed of two triangles, five sided by three, six sided by four, etc. Triangles can be faces but not all faces are triangles.

I was asking because I think I recall my Marder 1a2 was about 20k. It has a lot of round shapes on it. I was wondering how their p-count compared. Seems we probably made a lot of similar decisions.

Edited by Max Power

You should show some pictures :bounce3:

I'll see about getting the model out of XSI. All I could find on the old arma 1 forums were some early WIP shots of some meshflow suggestions on it. I wonder where the rest of the shots went. I can't even remember where they were hosted.

edit: Ah, they were on putfile.com which is now defunct.

Here some Pictures of the Milan (WIP). I will do add it to the Marder and one you can use unmounted like the TOW Launchers.

th_MilanWIP1.jpg

th_MilanWIP2.jpg

th_MilanMissile.jpg

The unmounted Version will be on some Sandbags and one one a long tripod.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/abfZQKSBtu4&hl=de_DE&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/abfZQKSBtu4&hl=de_DE&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

So now can i post a small Pic from the .44 Magnum Project (The Pic is almost 1 1/2 Week old). Now it is look a little different whe from this Pic ;)

obgmr1wwvi41.jpg

So now can i post a small Pic from the .44 Magnum Project (The Pic is almost 1 1/2 Week old). Now it is look a little different whe from this Pic ;)

Sweet I think Harry also posted something about a magnum, too lazy to check now.

When will it be out?

does it have extended magazines. tactical knife and Commando pro har har. :p

oh how is your stryker model doing Christian?

How many variants for the .44 mag? any scopes etc?

Edited by Flash Thunder

I've just about finished the TOW launchers now. It's almost time for the interior :crazy_o:

ah-1f_tow.jpgah-1f_tow01.jpg

Edited by Max Power

Sweet I think Harry also posted something about a magnum, too lazy to check now.

When will it be out?

does it have extended magazines. tactical knife and Commando pro har har. :p

oh how is your stryker model doing Christian?

How many variants for the .44 mag? any scopes etc?

The Magnum is only WIP, and 30-40 % completed. The Release comes maybe in 4-6 Week´s. I am to time to much Busy ;)

Tactical knife and Commando pro = Lol MW2 :p

The Stryker Model was a "experiment". :p

What for Scopes on a .44 Mag ???

I've just about finished the TOW launchers now. It's almost time for the interior :crazy_o:

Looks great :) i guessing you will use bis ffar model pods , i must say it looks so badass :p

btw good luck with cockpit

ah1ftow01.jpg

just kidding :p

for those that dont get it, Im just poking fun at Power's nitpicking :)

I've never actually done an over paint. I'm much too lazy.