Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

I did a model of a Marder 1A2 or something... without the ablative armour and with the remote controlled MG3 turret on the back.

It looks like you're doing fairly well! The exhast / air conditioning grille (???) on the right side of the door could be accomplished with a normal map, I think. It looks like you have most details present. How did you like modelling the mud flaps, btw? That made me want to kill someone. They are such a weird shape. They look simple but and square they aren't. Then again, I was in quite the state of exhaustion at that point.

This Airwolf repaint is still very much a work in progress...Comments always appreciated!

Xavier, I'd love to hear from you.

airwolfsunlight.jpg

airwolf4.jpg

airwolf3.jpg

airwolf2.jpg

32758716.jpg

I'm trying to finish up the model of my M197 automatic gun and M97a4 turret. I've got just about all the details I can off of photos, but I still can't figure out how the gun is attached to the turret. If anyone can lend a hand, please do.

M197_03.jpg

M197_02.jpg

M197_01.jpg

singcarsv14final.png

name it, and you can win one of these ... :P

just kidding, its the image of it, going to be a dialog later on ..

Edited by PhilippRauch

Takamine it would look a hell of a lot better using your own texture work my friend. The problem you will encounter is that the textures you are using have light reflecting on them which looks very strange ingame. Plus some of the textures look stretched and you can see the joins. My advice would to use the main textures you have as a template layer for you to trace your own textures on top of.

I did a model of a Marder 1A2 or something... without the ablative armour and with the remote controlled MG3 turret on the back.

It looks like you're doing fairly well! The exhast / air conditioning grille (???) on the right side of the door could be accomplished with a normal map, I think. It looks like you have most details present. How did you like modelling the mud flaps, btw? That made me want to kill someone. They are such a weird shape. They look simple but and square they aren't. Then again, I was in quite the state of exhaustion at that point.

Well could be done with normal maps but i think that "big" Parts can be done as part of the mesh. Exhaust and the radiator grill are a pretty big part at the Marder. The Mud flaps are pretty easy to model. First i was thinking to that it is impossible to do, but it was easier as i though. :o

I still have add some more details. I will post some pictures later.

Edit:

Ok here now pictures of the Marder with some more Details. The crates on the back are not these from the 1A5 we always have them on our Tanks for stuff to clean the 20mm gun.

th_DRMarderHullWIP1.jpg

th_DRMarderHullWIP2.jpg

th_DRMarderHullWIP3.jpg

Actual Facecount 10785

Edited by Desert-Rat

Resolution notwithstanding, one ought not to be able to tell the difference unless there is an issue with parallax or silhouette.

singcarsv14final.png

name it, and you can win one of these ... :P

just kidding, its the image of it, going to be a dialog later on ..

good ole SINCGARS

fond memories of humping that piece of junk thru the woods....

we still had a bunch in my unit as recently as 2006

Thanks for the advice JTEC, but these are work in progress screens.. no where close to the finished product, the light reflections will be edited out in photoshop as the work moves along, and in my humble oppinion, i could never make it look as photorealistic with painted on textures.

Jungle ... lots and lots and lots of jungle:

arma22010030622525106.th.jpg

Thanks for the advice JTEC, but these are work in progress screens.. no where close to the finished product, the light reflections will be edited out in photoshop as the work moves along, and in my humble oppinion, i could never make it look as photorealistic with painted on textures.

Good stuff! Looking forward to the finished product!

arma22010030622525106.th.jpg

*sniff* *sniff* I smell low FPS :p

Yeah, a new FPS-killer addon ! But really appriciated !

Time to "Pimp our PCs" :D

Smells like a 2 thousand dollar rig, which will accomplish...

Destroying every transformer in my country. :)

You guys are forgetting that you can easily turn view distance to the lowest settings for the dense jungle. Would love to see a vid of it, dense jungle warfare would be such a bitch though! :D

[img..]http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5470/arma22010030622525106.th.jpg[/img][/quote

Finally I will be able to go on missions to find those Cabinet Ministers travelling on the wrong side of the border!

We move, 5 meter spread, no sound!

Billy! Find me a way out of this hole!

The jungle! It came alive and took him!

Whats the matter Dillon, CIA got you pushing too many pencils?

We move, 5 meter spread, no sound!

✔

Billy! Find me a way out of this hole!

X

"Hey Billy, give me a way out of this hole."

The jungle! It came alive and took him!

✔

Whats the matter Dillon, CIA got you pushing too many pencils?

X

"What's the matter? The CIA got you pushing too many pencils?"

I don't mean this as an insult, only tongue-in-cheek, but I pride myself on Predator quotes and really I just wanted to join in. Other films... not so much :) It's THE film for cheesy quotes. Keep up the excellent jungle work, LJF!

Ok Finally the Turret is done too. That design of the turret is a hard piece of work but i think it turned out well. :confused:

Actual Facecount 16.046

th_DRWIPMarder1.jpg

th_DRWIPMarder2.jpg

th_DRWIPMarder3.jpg

Nice model but you are pushing the facecount a little and you dont even have the wheels yet. I would suggest replacing some of the details like link meshes and grills with normal and texture maps.