Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

I suppose it is still early WIP, but i would reduce the marked parts.

111111.GIF

I suppose it is a 'pro' tools thingy, but no need for an additional faces where it isn't needed. Refurring to the center point on each flat (i think) cilinder caps.

Hehe it doesnt really matter, DirectX subdivides everything into triangles on render time. Vertex number is really the key here.

Edited by Soul_Assassin

Heres a WIP of some reskinning ive been doing, i did some work on the AH64D and took away the glossiness of the texture and also replaced it with a more cleaner darker texture, it will be buddled with my other works ie the high-res cockpits.

ah64d.th.jpg

Edited by Opticalsnare

@ardvarkdb- WOW! Those look awesome!!! Some of the best units I've seen for ArmA II! Any ETA on release? This week? :p

@ardvarkdb

Thats high quality Texturing man great job cant wait. :yay:

@OS

Cant wait bud, thanks for your contributions. :D

Hey man, great work ... but when i was in the forces! the MRAP seemed to be like a beast! lol, really really big, bulky, and was huge compared to most

armored units out there!

Here is some info for you to check out, the 2nd link would help you alot with other stuff on it.

This isnt to put your work down, as your doing a great job! just some recomendations .. :bounce3:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRAP_(armored_vehicle)

http://www.defense-update.com/newscast/0107/news/270107_mrap.htm

http://www.defense.gov/home/features/2007/mrap/

http://www.defense-update.com/products/m/mrap.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRAP_(French_NGO)

@ardvarkdb

Thats high quality Texturing man great job cant wait. :yay:

How can you see that? To me i see images under 100% render res so they look very blurry. Would be great with upped graphics for images showing the work. 100% render res at least.

Great units though ardvarkdb. :)

thnx for your comments and Pauliesss for imporving the textures :)

@ Darkexss i'm making the MaxxPro and by looking at the other MRAPS i think it's the smallest one but still not that small it can hold 9 soldiers + 1 driver + 1 gunner

although there's an extended version of it wich i may work on if i finish this one in time

there's another guy who's making a cougar( at least i think it's) Here

Hehe it doesnt really matter, DirectX subdivides everything into triangles on render time. Vertex number is really the key here.

I was refurring to the way he made his end caps. Small detail, but since this topic was about suggestions etc....

triscount.GIF

Again, i know small thingy, but multiply by the amount of endcaps. In the end, something that has no use.

wow....art :)

sorry i know you are illustrating a point i just couldn't resist :) sorry man no offence meant :P

Still experimenting with the personal retexture stuff of Johhny/ardvarkdb's units (Normals/Model/Mapping credit to Johnny & ardvarkdb), trying to learn abit more for some upcoming things. The texture hasnt been upsized. it's still 2048x as some people have wondered.

12-1.gif

Click for higher res of it.

Edited by Sabre

Still experimenting with the personal retexture stuff of Johhny/ardvarkdb's units (Normals/Model/Mapping credit to Johnny & ardvarkdb), trying to learn abit more for some upcoming things. The texture hasnt been upsized. it's still 2048x as some people have wonder.

Yeah its a small difference but everything beats the standard textures in arma 2, lack of any bump mapping and whatnot. The vest actually looks like actual clothing material that doesnt resemble Rubber. lol

A little project of me for getting the hang of making Vehicles for Arma2.

buldozer201002160020002.th.png buldozer201002160020168.th.png buldozer201002160020243.th.png

I know... the use of a Bulldozer in Arma2 is questionable, so I've made a Video to convince you that there actually are uses for a Bulldozer.

I Hope you enjoy it, as its a somewhat different "WIP" video.

Lol, bulldozing uranium boxes, please dont give Ahmadinejad any ideas :p .

Nice work :bounce3: .

@Mondkalb - ROFL at that video :D

Bulldozer is always useful :p

Edited by RobertHammer

Dispose of Communist cars! Lmao! Classic. Great video lol.