Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

early wip of a PASGT "combat helmet" (please forgive me if its the wrong helmet, not my strong point lol. in short its a modified arma1 helmet without the helmet cover) thats to be used on a lil something im working on :) base model of the helmet is from arma1, while the solder is also from arma1 but is Binkowski's port of the soldier.

pasgt.jpg

Cheers

Rhodesy

Nice PASGT helmet there Rhodesy :). Sorry I didn't get back to you, been really busy.

no worries mate, might have some more questions for you later though :)

Playing with baking normal and AO maps from high-poly models:

Here's an RGK3

[imghttp://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9834/highpoly.jpg[/img]

Very briefly, it looks like the actual rgk3's bands are sunk in to bulges, and don't come out farther than the outer limits of the skin.

RKG-3_hand_grenade_Navy.jpg

It also looks like there's a section forward of the first band with slightly a smaller radius.

It also looks like there's a section forward of the first band with slightly a smaller radius.

Who is going to tell the difference when this is ingame?

Who is going to tell the difference when this is ingame?

Sure, why don't we all just cobble together models with just a basic expressionist nod to realism? How many barrels does an m196 have? Or was it m197? Who cares!

The point of this thread, Mondkalb... or rather, the utility of this thread is more than just to be congratulated. Some of us like input on our art in order to enhance it- sometimes that might even mean picking up on details we may have missed. It's not your place to decide whether or not Scubaman3d found what I had to say interesting. He doesn't need any psychophantic apologists. He can use my critiques or not based on what he wants. If he agrees, then in game he has a grenade that lacks contours. On the one hand, it's a relatively minor piece of equipment. On the other, it would take literally 4 seconds to add in the appropriate detail.

Edited by Max Power

early wip of a PASGT "combat helmet" (please forgive me if its the wrong helmet, not my strong point lo

Looks more like an LWH, due to the chinstrap and the NOD mount drilled into the helmet(with PASGT you had to use the one that secured via a strap) . The PASGT helmet doesn't have the chinstrap with the 4 point X-Harness at the back, in simply has a single strap coming from the screws above the temple of each side of the helmet. I suppose you could say its the Oregon Aero BLSS upgrade kit for the PASGT, but you'd have to model an H-harness.

Still looks good though, I hate helmet covers.

Hope you all don't mind some SP mission work in progress stuff, but below is a teaser trailer for my WIP "The Spooky Six." The trailer should give you an idea of the type of experience I'm setting out to create. Enjoy :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWBsqvv1IAU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWBsqvv1IAU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

(sorry about the

style camera . . . ) Edited by TheRev709

Nice trailer and voiceacting, maybe: showcinemaborder false to a trigger? ;)

Nice trailer and voiceacting, maybe: showcinemaborder false to a trigger? ;)

its in progress :) im still getting the hang of camera scripting, so usually once i get something to work im too afraid to touch it haha

Some units I have been working on. Navy Seals for Task Force Green. This is the Asst. Team Leader (aka me).

tinyninja.jpg

(click for larger version)

Still WiP

Very nice Ardvark, but wouldn't BDUs be more appropriate?

A lot of the time sof guys wear ACUs when working along side or in AOs of US Army forces to avoid blue on blue and to hide the fact elite sas, delta, deals, etc are operating in the area. Keeps their mission low profile from both the enemy and the press ;)

@Ardvark - super nice lookin work mate! Definately lookin forward to usin these guys!

workin on the TSR2 from RKSL rock was so nice to let me have the mlods for it workin on the cockpit interior for the rear for now and have some Weapons on one of the jets i still have this lot to do as well rock did say he will help out on the config for me whan he as the time but ill still need help with some of the stuff so if any one whats to help out just pm me whan i get the time ill put some WIP pics up of her and nice work namman

Unrwapping

Diffuse Textures

Super shader RVMATS

animations (model.cfg)

Config

Weapons

workin on the TSR2 from RKSL rock was so nice to let me have the mlods for it workin on the cockpit interior for the rear for now and have some Weapons on one of the jets i still have this lot to do as well rock did say he will help out on the config for me whan he as the time but ill still need help with some of the stuff so if any one whats to help out just pm me whan i get the time ill put some WIP pics up of her and nice work namman

Unrwapping

Diffuse Textures

Super shader RVMATS

animations (model.cfg)

Config

Weapons

You might have better luck advertising for help in your own thread and with pics. People here already have their own stuff going on.

Edited by Max Power

OMG Ardvark! That looks epic!! Great! The ACU looks perfect!

Seriously looking forward to using those guys! Jeez haven't been this excited for some units in a while!

ardvarkdb

Some units I have been working on. Navy Seals for Task Force Green. This is the Asst. Team Leader (aka me).

nice work ardvarkdb:yay::yay:

give them beards ardvarkdb! :D SF need beards!

Unrwapping

Diffuse Textures

Super shader RVMATS

animations (model.cfg)

Config

Weapons

I can help with the normal/spec and super shaders, all pretty easy really.