Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

:)

nice, but see - he is REAL US soldier , he knows it from real life

and we all are "sensitive" when hear that something would look better , cause for many people we met in past "real look odd" "Rambo look awsome" "black vest look bad-ass" etc.

believe me, i had many claims that Polish army addon not look like Ghost Recon mixed with Bundeswehr (guys from ASG wanted US pouches too cause Helikon company sewn pouches in Pantera93 Camo , like US BDU cut is here also in Pantera 93 camo sewn - for civil market, for scouting boys, for foresters etc http://www.moro.pl/moduly/sklep/UserFiles/151/zdjecie_big.jpg ) and voices "show us the best" from concept exhibition specimens :]

but let's agree - we not advice native US how to do their army addons :D native UK how to do UK troops etc.

as we can still advice in Chernarussians and find there bugs in ideas

Edited by vilas

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/bla212/hosp.jpg

Made shoulder area thinner and added chainmail coif and on arms instead of overlayed clothing as it was suggested earlier, I like the change.

It is looking much better.

A suggestion may be to combine the maps for the cloth and the armour and accentuate the difference in height using a normal map derived from a height map. That way you will not see the polygons, and weighting will not be an issue.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/bla212/hosp.jpg

Made shoulder area thinner and added chainmail coif and on arms instead of overlayed clothing as it was suggested earlier, I like the change.

Looking good mate, I think something that would look great is around the edging of the cloth give it a ripped and dirty look along the bottom and maybe some slight ripping/fraying around the neck. If you want a hand with it, chuck me a PM.

looking much better Icewindo.

Some small improvements not already noted would be to intergrate the sleeve of the arm with the glove (or more likely mitt), full length hauberks with intergrated coifs and mitts were quite standard for early crusaders and there would be nothing wrong with giving him 'chausers' and using the mail texture on the feet and legs or finding a better period boot

BTW there is no 'chain' in mail

Agreed, but progress can clearly be seen. Looking forward very much to this :)

BTW there is no 'chain' in mail

But since there can be ringmail, scalemail, chainmail and probably even more things I've missed it doesn't hurt to be specific ;)

Bink those Rangers look insane. Really nice work!!

But since there can be ringmail, scalemail, chainmail and probably even more things I've missed it doesn't hurt to be specific ;)

If it helps you but terms like ringmail scalemail and chainmail are very modern terms to help the gothic romantics of the early 1900's and D&D players, invision what they might look like. In reality the historicaly acurate descriptions would have been 'ring' (if it even realy existed), 'scale' comprising of individual plates sewn onto a garment, 'lamelar' made of individual plates sewn to each other and of course mail wich came is sizes ranging from 8-20mm in diameter but was usualy about 10-11, usualy linked 4in1 but sometimes 6-1, and could be made from rings punched whole from plate with alternating riveted rings or entirely rivited

Some of the others that could be considered would be the basic 'gambeson' or padded jacket, also worm under the mail, and for latter periods increasing amounts of plate and the medievial equivalent of the modern flak jacket, the coat of plates.

At anyrate they are looking realy good and I hope that Icewindo finds time to do a couple of Saracens for opposition

something for the water

New electric sub isn't it ?

Edited by W0lle
quoted image

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll try to implement them :bounce3:

Thanks for your offer Sabre, once I finish the uv layout (I've been using single textures until now) I'll contact you :) .

At anyrate they are looking realy good and I hope that Icewindo finds time to do a couple of Saracens for opposition

I might (very crude, started today) :p

th_Clipboard04-2.jpg

Edited by Icewindo

New electric sub isn't it ?

Yes is the new German U212A with the hydrogen-oxygen propulsion engine.

knights :)

really big effort to script them to fight and be useful

i really would love to see knights in game and other historical or "mysterial" mods like in OFP

That canopy looks very impressive eddyd :)

That's still ArmA or RL? Damn, can't say - great work eddy...

eddyD, i'll pass you the reworked F-16 as soon i'm done with the cockpit. The canopy looks really cool, hopefully my cockpit will fit under such a masterpiece. :D

Nice F16, but the canopy is waaaay too reflective if you're going for realism.

canopies.jpg

r0300413.jpg

Notice in this shot, you can actually see the sun itself in the photo and it's not washing out the image.

3270006825_16b93df6b2.jpg

Here it seems that (at least at these shutter settings), the canopy is somewhat less reflective than the jet itself.

The Airforce would seek to limit the reflectivity of the canopy to reduce the glare coming off of it, which would aid in spotting the aircraft.

now... time for some more actual WIP infos...

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/evxdGlZLgAM&hl=de_DE&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/evxdGlZLgAM&hl=de_DE&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

now... time for some more actual WIP infos...

I have to say Philipp that the animation for using the sight unit is perfect. :D