Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

dose any one know where i can get a 3ds Soldier model from, or despite recent problem with the French arma community be able to lend me a model or show me where to make one from scratch pls thanks in advance!

Started over with the F-16C Cockpit. Background texture is subject of changes and also some instruments aren't modelled.

372-f16_wip.jpg

@Binkowski-Ha I wish I could create something like that when I'm bored. That'd be amazing.

Anyways, speaking of ArmA 1, I think it'd be pretty sweet if someone remade the stock BIS soldiers from ArmA 1, including the spec-ops with the Pro-tec's. :D

@Binkowski-Ha I wish I could create something like that when I'm bored. That'd be amazing.

Anyways, speaking of ArmA 1, I think it'd be pretty sweet if someone remade the stock BIS soldiers from ArmA 1, including the spec-ops with the Pro-tec's. :D

Oh you mean the Marmines, or Marmy? Lolwut.

But seriously, if I did do that. They'd have some new gear.

I took the task of doing the Ud-4L Dropship (The one form aliens.)

Dropship-2.jpg

DS-development.jpg

I thoroughly hate the guy that made this model, had he not made it in the first place I'da found him and probably did bad things to him.. The points are misaligned and... well look at the second pic. >_<

I've been working on lowering poly count, so far I've taken it from 26,500 to about 24,800 by just messing with the front end. I've also been able to make it closer to the "real thing".

And does anybody know how to make the textures the default matte texture? it seems to be hell bent on not rendering in bulldozer because of textures that don't exist. :(

Will post updates as progress continues.

Edited by b00ce

Oh you mean the Marmines, or Marmy? Lolwut.

But seriously, if I did do that. They'd have some new gear.

I'm sure you would do a great job if you did happen to do the Deltas. :)

whoa do not envy the task ahead of you b00ce

But the benefits outweigh the anguish I'm going through, I hope...

Also, is 25 meters too big, because it looks like the grid only goes that far, will I be able to turn it 45 degrees and it work properly if it's too long? :j:

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

whoa do not envy the task ahead of you b00ce

But the benefits outweigh the anguish I'm going through, I hope...

Also, is 25 meters too big, because it looks like the grid only goes to 20 (Provided that one box is 1 meter x 1 meter), will I be able to turn it 45 degrees and have it work properly if it's too long? :j:

Dimensions:

• Height: 6.05 m (Gear up.)
  • Length: 25.18 m
  • Span: 12.59 m (Pods in.)

In the screens I posted, they aren't to scale, I kid you not the thing was less than half a meter long. Needless to say, it's been rectified.

No, don't rotate it. It should be fine. I believe you can outsize the grid. The grid is just a visual reference (AFIAK).

LOL

I thoroughly hate the guy that made this model, had he not made it in the first place I'da found him and probably did bad things to him..

yet you use his work to promote urself, with no mention of his name

not modding but mission making update:

on this page is a list of the all the features I have ported in or bugfixed (along with work from Razor and others and a lot of help from all sorts of peeps here)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=88124&page=3

gradually perfecting the mission scripts, gameplay and performance, then gonna make it ACE/ RED/ BRIT etc with embedded mods

find latest here

http://91.192.210.5/gits/Arma/

Also my arma 1 evo's are here too called modded Evo arma 1.zip

which are full workovers of evo with red/brit/ f18/ f16/ bradleys/ RH weapons/ 6th sense weapons / etc etc plus a lot of the script changes in my arma 2 list at the link above

assassinate general side-mission with added lifts in the hotel

assassination.jpg

aftermath of spetsnaz assault on airfield

4waves.jpg

uparmed planes (F35 carries 8 sidewinders as enemy air has 9 units in air at any one time in pairs) - including side and cockpit firing AC130

carpet1.jpg

ICMB support option

nuke1.jpg

island base

docks.jpg

Edited by eggbeast

spec ops units preparing for an assault on new cities - kamyshovo gorge i think here

TEAMcopy.jpg

imported carrier with added scripts (sea rescue/boat launch/ ammo/ mash/ AA guns and missiles)

carrier3.jpg

LOL

yet you use his work to promote urself, with no mention of his name

That's because I don't know it. It came off of some free model site. I picked it up in this thread.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=85901&highlight=donation+community

As I recall this is the same model that Vilas used for his unreleased one a long time ago.

is it the same freeware model mesh that i have ?

simply i had no time to do it for Arma1 along with APC and Colonial Marines addon

is it the same model ?

if it is freeware mesh by someone (i have something which looks the same) than don't call somebody's work - your own

i have the same freeware model on my disc since 2 years

dropship.jpg

I'm not stupid enough to say I made the whole model, or even imply it. ;)

In any case the cockpit is getting a complete overhaul right now.

Edit:

DS-cockpit.jpg

Edit 2:

Got points and faces down to about 15-16K The missiles are gone now. :p

Edited by b00ce

Some free time, and this happens.

wip_s.jpg

Nice work Binkowski as usal :)

Any information on the SF Units you are working on?

hey all

I have make a new canopy for footmunch f-16 , still testing

arma_f16_new_canopy.jpg

arma_f16_new_canopy2.jpg

cya

eddyD

So someone PM'd me earlier today asking if I could make some '91-93 era troops. Well of course I can, but I could use input. Probably the fact that I was 1 when this era was going on I don't know much about the vests they had. I believe it was the IBA but I could be wrong. I know they had ALICE and PASGT gear for a fact. Also, I think that 3-color OTV looks a little "odd", so I may change that to full 6-color camo. What do you guys think? Anyway,

Here's what I've got so far, for one unit.

6col_uniform.jpg

- ALICE gear by Ebud

- OTV texture by Cameron

You know how this works once you've started to gather experience in certain things.....the further you go, the more you dislike your first attempts.

As i start to understand how O2 works and how i can do certain things, the more i was unlucky with my first reworks of the F-16 Cockpit.

Well, "if you don't like it, change it" as my mother uses to say. :D

372-cockpit_o2_preview.jpg

372-cockpit_buldozer_preview.jpg

Textures in the cockpit are placeholder and are subject of change. Just there to get a feeling about colors and how they fit. Will be replaces with more detailed.

And the next who says for modelling it needs 3DS and Photoshop, gets a smack on the naked "you know where". :D

O2 and GIMP rules. :yay:

Edited by [FRL]Myke

very nice bink, but i have to admit, i bloody hate that choc chip (6 colour) patern :P worst thing ever made by man lol. would be nice to see some tri colour DCU uniforms with woodland IBA and similar webbing :) oh and six colour choc chic helmet cover :P 5 points to anyone who guesses the move lol.

Three Kings? BHD?

Choc Chip is a great cam, how dare you. I'd also like to see them with Woodland and choc chip BA's instead of 3 colour, also need a is that model a PASGT?

Edited by Sabre