Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Lovely map tools! Will there be graphical interface for it as well, as with Spooner's drawing tools, so that it's easy to choose what one want to put on the map without having to remember a gazillion more keybinds? :)

If I implement it yes, but I want something that doesn't seem too much like you are looking at a computer screen and not a map. The drawing tools are close enough to what you can do with a real pen (minus the dragging straight lines, thats to compensate mainly for not being able to draw against a straight edge on a ruler).

The idea of creating a mod like this was shown by the original Operation Flashpoint Mod "Crusade", sadly it never got farer than releasing a crossbow.

Ha, I think I had that crossbow, was not aware it was part of bigger and better things. This looks awesome dude, keep it up.

ok was reading a book about special forces and remembering something from OFP day which was the Para rescue unit, is there something like that for ArmA 2 i know i tried it once but i could only get them to eject with by time time there all out are spread over the map, is there a script to let them jump at the same time with the MC-5 parachute?

also was think about being able to fire from a boat CRRC in order to create a amphibious or beach assault?

Edited by [=SFLR=]DK

Those "Crusaders" look... this is awfully like a request post, don't slaughter me...

how about making an Australia in the late 1800s based mod ... get the hint?

Bucket for a helmet... somebody called Ned ?

Its just I don't think the mechanics of ArmA 2 allow enjoyable medieval-style combat.

Edited by RyanRyzzo

so as ACE mod team made and updated the spotting scope! i went on ahead and made a SWAT scope, This real world product enable you to scan for enemy while hiding behind a wall with out having to expose your self,

Untitled-2-1.jpg

tht be cool, but im a nood at this and having a few thing which are slowing me down but i will look into it!:)

I know it's not the usual time period you see addons for ArmA so I'm glad some people like the crusaders :p (maybe for OFP, it had lots of crazy stuff, e.g. samurais, babarians, galleons... )

I created a new helmet today, the temporary one had some similarities to a trash can :rolleyes: .

Clipboard01-16.jpg

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/4633/arma22010011423194366.jpg

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6756/arma22010011423192601.jpg

The 3 fist attack animations also perform pretty well for sword slash/shield bash, atleast from the looks, as I would have to search for some help on the script to execute proper attacks doing damage.

Be sure to watch atleast until 1:18 ;) .

Edited by Icewindo

nice helmet Icewindo, funny vid :)

just a small update on the mk3 turret, theres a few little rendering issues i need to sort out but its almost there,

merkava11.th.jpgmerkava08.th.jpg

merkava06.th.jpgmerkava04.th.jpg

very nice mikebart! good that someone does the whole highpoly to lowpoly baking stuff. it really makes a difference and it's really worth the hassle. look at all the detail and the accurate ambient occlusion...luv it:yay:

i have to say mikebart that that looks fantastic! hope you dont run out of polies real quick :)

thanks guys, im predicting about 50% of the polys will be in the turret, its about 8000 verts at the moment, im expecting the whole tank to hopefully end up around 16000 to 18000 verts, the rest of the tank doesn't really have a lot of protruding details so i should be able to have most of it normalmapped into the hull, then theres all the guns, hatches and things, oh shit.... :eek:

Yeah mikebart, that's coming along really well! Glad to see it's progression ;).

Well, the rifle part for the CWR XM177e2 is just about complete. The only thing left is some minor house keeping stuff. It should be a fairly close representation of the real thing. There's the odd missing detail (like the forge marks on the barrel telling you what series it is) but pretty much everything should be on there.

I was really going for making this thing look like it had been used for years.

CWR_xm177e2_right.jpg

CWR_xm177e2_left.jpg

Now, on to the XMS (BIS's name for the Colt Model 733 with the Colt 3x20 compact telescopic sight). I don't think I will be creating a Model 733 at this time, however. The weapon is a sort of M4, Colt Command hybrid, and was only first manufactured in 1984. This means I would have to make a new texture(s) and I think that would be a waste of time when I could be getting on to different projects.

CWR_xms_Colt3x20.jpg

Click on the images to get a larger version.

Looks good mate, nice work.

yes, look super, even better than my :)

keep up and do more :)

Praise from Caesar is praise indeed. Thanks for the kind comments, all!

loved using that gun in ofp :D guess i wasnt the ironsight type :P