Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Hi,Johannes, it that your personal photo in the place of your icon?

Johannes, you're gonna be so tough. YOU'RE GONNA SHAVE WITH A CHAINSAW!!

Edited by Binkowski
Watch the video. d00ds.

Very interesting Binkowski. The special forces look very nice Johannes. Hope you do develop them more because they seem to have a lot of potential of being a masterpiece.

Nice Work NZXSHADOWS, hopefully we'll soon see the best HMMWV's for ARMA2. ;)

The Radio has very good details.

I'm still waiting for that nude 3d model of me, Johannes.

Abs

If you finally send me those nude photos of you because modeling from my memory can be hard :(
Hi,Johannes, it that your personal photo in the place of your icon?
Probably maybe

oh and very nice trucks there nzxshadows. Planning on maybe doing a special forces truck too ? :P

Edited by Johannes

I reached a fairly significant milestone with my pointing script and decided to take a break from it and work on another one of my projects for a bit.

This is an update to my MapPlus addon, part of which is in ACE2, hopefully more of it will follow! ;)

This is my somewhat ripped off version of a Silva Expedition 4 Military Map compass.

ULTRA HUGE VERSION LINKED!

flat_compass_small.jpg

Once I get this in and all script it will replace the current ruler/compass in my MapPlus pack (since this is realistic looking)!

Edited by NouberNou

Some screens of it in game. Going to rework the interface controls to make it draggable instead of based on the click system it uses now.

(Warning: Mando-filesized png screens)

flat1t.jpg

flat2t.jpg

BTW if anyone is wondering how I got the image on the map... unfortunately it is an icon (well two, one for the rose and another for the ruler).

NouberNou.. i love YOU ...

:P no serious.. looking forward to precise map reading with that compass..

EDIT:*

oh, is the new compass not a object like the vanilla map compass?

Edited by PhilippRauch

No, its not. It works in combination with the vanilla compass (or my 6400 mil compass ;)) and is used for plotting on the map different things.

I wish it was able to use the normal map 3D objects, but unfortunately I have found no way to adjust their scale beyond the zoomed in and zoomed out sizes. This compass stays correctly scaled to the map (otherwise its sort of useless). I really wish there was a better way to handle all of this, but sadly there is not. :(

This way also leads to some issues with properly scaling the compass depending on the map. On Utes the proper scale is 12.1, on Chernarus it is 4.05... Currently I am storing those as config values it loads off the world, but that means for every map you want to use you will have to define the scale value for it.

There are some really nice functions in VBS2 for the map that allows you to do some interesting stuff (aka easier and more standard across maps). Also there are some neat functions inside ArmA2 related to the map, but I think its only for use in an editor.

I thought I'd pop in and give an update only a few know about at the moment until this posting. I'm working with Eble (Southy) among a few others on an updated version of his port of the F-111 from OFP to ArmA 1.

This will have a new model with numerous updates in functions (flaps, airbrakes, PAVETACK deployment, etc). We will also need some help in the Targeting interface for the PAVTACK** though. I've contacted a few people for some resources and will work on this once we hit the second phase of the modeling of the plane.

Anyhow here's a video to show some of our basic animation concepts. The model is pretty rough at the moment as I'm working with our modeling guy (good friend, not part of community and encouraged him to join) on accurate details and concepts of the plane.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/jreVQHniSLw&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/jreVQHniSLw&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here's a list of objectives we plan to accomplish:

• (Standard)First and foremost, a proper targeting interface for Co-pilot usage. This will be available once PAVETACK** assembly has been deployed by an action from co-pilot or Weapons Officer. (Makes for more fun and playability for the Co-pilot, also may hinder one person from using aircraft by himself).
  • (Standard) Improved flap animations (including flap animations at "shoulders" of swing wings and added airbrakes on wings.
  • (Standard) Improved cockpit, instrument clusters, better visibility (yet try to stay true and accurate as best possible).
  • (Standard) Canopy hatch animations, hatches will close once engines are started.
  • (Standard) F-111F and F-111G Classes. New Faction class for F-111G variation, Australian Defense Force which currently uses this variation for interceptor and long range heavy strike capability which incorporates the hefty AGM-142.
  • (Standard) Mk-20 Rockeye's (Improved Arma Tactics ArmA 1 version with permission), CBU-87 CEM (Combined Effects Munitions) Cluster Bomb's. (May add WCMD and SFW variations at later date with help of PhillipR).
  • (Optional or possible) Locking of swing wings, may include ability to lock out swing wings or possibly change automation of swing wings and limit airspeed while wings are extended, but also modify lift capability with wings folded on take off. Also while on ground give function to swing wings back for easy storage into hangars.
    -More to come later.

Edited by NutzMcKracken

As some of you may know (or not), i'm working on a update of the much anticipated F-16 which was originally created by Footmunch and where a lot of people laid theyr hands on it.

I'm digging deeper into O2 which allows me to raise the quality of my contributions of Footmunchs pretty bird.

Here a vid of the latest added anims and textures:

I0ZjXz0NdSw

As some of you may know (or not), i'm working on a update of the much anticipated F-16 which was originally created by Footmunch and where a lot of people laid theyr hands on it.

I'm digging deeper into O2 which allows me to raise the quality of my contributions of Footmunchs pretty bird.

Here a vid of the latest added anims and textures:

borat-very-nice.jpg

:rolleyes:

Video of my new compass in game, on the map. :D

Nice tool :-)

Maybe a chance to have it in ACE²?

Edited by W0lle
quoted video

Nice tool :-)

Maybe a chance to have it in ACE²?

I certainly hope so! :D Part of my original MapPlus addon is in ACE2 in the map with no satellite texture + contour lines. I would love to see this included eventually. Goes great with my 6400 mil compass in thats in ACE2 as well! ;)