Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

DaSquade: as far as its only in testing stage right now, I think the best choice will be to stay with ACU for now....and Bink, great work as usual, cant wait to see photo-realistic ACU textures! :218:

Yep ACU isn't going anywhere for a good while. The Government invested too much into ACU pattern equipment and it would cost a bundle to switch to MC. But some units, that I know of, are starting combat deployments of ACUs.

;1524881']Yep' date=' I thought the same thing. '09s should look way more modern than '06s.[/quote']

Wrong. The National Guard units (which are available for ArmA 1, incidentally) are using older MOLLE I gear with the closed stanag pouches, etc, whereas Johannes' work usually has doodz with more modern stuff. The rationale for this is that obviously NG units will be reserve units and thus have older gear. Another alarming point to this fact is that the units are wearing the Interceptor, not the IOTV.

And no, that texture is still ACU, I was just experimenting with a few more swatches I tracked down the first time around. :)

Wrong. The National Guard units (which are available for ArmA 1, incidentally) are using older MOLLE I gear with the closed stanag pouches, etc, whereas Johannes' work usually has doodz with more modern stuff. The rationale for this is that obviously NG units will be reserve units and thus have older gear. Another alarming point to this fact is that the units are wearing the Interceptor, not the IOTV.

They may have older gear (IBA and all that shit) but something makes them look more modern tha Army '09 units...

And no, that texture is still ACU, I was just experimenting with a few more swatches I tracked down the first time around. :)

Yes, I know it's still "ACU" (camo is UCP, I can't stand calling it ACU - ACU is a uniform type!!!) but it looks way better than the one on US Army '09 units...

If you're still looking for/trying different swatches, the Army has a 300dpi .tiff of UCP here (look under" brand and logo" on the left panel) http://www.usaac.army.mil/sod/

Not for the fainthearted to download, it's over 400mb (8230x14326 :O)

But I tried when I played around with texturing in other games and had very satisfactory results.

Thanks DerRelienT! I took a picture of my uniform a few days ago, this tops it though. But I don't have plans on using UCP-D.

If you're still looking for/trying different swatches, the Army has a 300dpi .tiff of UCP here (look under" brand and logo" on the left panel) http://www.usaac.army.mil/sod/

Not for the fainthearted to download, it's over 400mb (8230x14326 :O)

But I tried when I played around with texturing in other games and had very satisfactory results.

Great find! :D

Has anyone had any luck creating a custom head proxy? I can either get it to show up but the eyes don't work (they stay shut) or not show up at all...it's the only thing left to do before the release of my PMC units from MGS4. Right now they work just fine, but there is some minor clipping on the head because I am placing a mask over the default BIS head, which doesn't always stay in it's place.

pmcquestionC.jpg

(Click on picture for full size)

*Note the excellent M4 thanks to RobertHammer :)

:D Now all we need are some Genome soldiers, Foxhound, and a couple Metal gear.

Wow ardvarkdb :eek:! Those are a HUGE improvement over what we saw in ArmA1! I can't wait to use these. Great work!

AircraftHUD addon:

With the inclusion of the AH-64D in the v1.05 patch, I decided to port over this IHADSS, MFD & TADS system. Should be ready soon.

th_IHADSS_monocle_FwdRadar.jpg

2dc83b701e47t.jpg

(Click to enlarge)

This is evolution of Kozlice since 2001 to 2010 year. :yay:

Oh damn... Now I have reason to leave my M109 on the shelf - Kozlice beats everything!!! Can't wait.

Those pic's of the UCP are awesome, so i had to have a go with them on something for shit's and giggles.

Whipped this up;

th_ucppant.jpg

Click for bigger.

Model credit to Jonny. Normal map credit to BIS/Jonny/ardvarkdb

Not half bad Sabre. I'm working on some stuff with those images as well ;).

And the Kozlice. I love the evolution! Can't wait to see it.

Yeah, great looking UCP. But I don't like the material surface with this grid all over it... Remindes me of old BDU. From what I remember I don't have that grid on my ACU, at least not that visible.