Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

sorry, dont know the exact title of the song but its the (accidentially ;)) captured webstream of raggakings.net ...

its an Wide Area Munition, ie a automatic sensor driven 'mine' (actually munition) that detects and tracks valid targets with its seismic and acoustic sensor... then it shoots a skeet warhead in an flat trajectory over the selected target and this in turn with its sensors checks for a valid target then fires a plattercharge that shoots and EFP into the target... bam.. done ...

@ Bad Benson

Very nice units....keep up the good work..

sorry, dont know the exact title of the song but its the (accidentially ;)) captured webstream of raggakings.net ...

its an Wide Area Munition, ie a automatic sensor driven 'mine' (actually munition) that detects and tracks valid targets with its seismic and acoustic sensor... then it shoots a skeet warhead in an flat trajectory over the selected target and this in turn with its sensors checks for a valid target then fires a plattercharge that shoots and EFP into the target... bam.. done ...

Soo uhh.. It's basically a UFO by definition? Unidentified flying object? I mean, the guy getting hit sure as hell ain't gonna see it coming :yay:

I have made a complete new model of my Comanche to add some more detail to.

I will make a Comanche with the Stabilisators at the back and with the radar and one without these things.

Also i have started with the cockpit.

The Facecount of the Comanche is at 9656

ComanchenewWIP.jpg

ComanchenewWIP2.jpg

ComanchenewWIPcockpit.jpg

I have a lot of free time this holiday, so this project was started. It's just Johnny's Army SF Models and some textures (gear), but the main texture (pants, shirt, etc) has been changed to Polish Pantera camo. This is just for fun, so don't freak out if it's not "up-to-par" with your "standards".

Also, a project that's been in the dark for awhile. My National Guard project will be making an appearance this holiday :).

second_to_none.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m53/anthraxx_2006/WIP/second_to_none.jpg

Edited by Binkowski

I have a lot of free time this holiday, so this project was started. It's just Johnny's Army SF Models and some textures (gear), but the main texture (pants, shirt, etc) has been changed to Polish Pantera camo. This is just for fun, so don't freak out if it's not "up-to-par" with your "standards".

Also, a project that's been in the dark for awhile. My National Guard project will be making an appearance this holiday :).

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m53/anthraxx_2006/WIP/second_to_none.jpg

cool stuff, good to hear about the natl guard.

Nice work bink! can't wait to see ur finished NG's

"standards" you already know the community likes your stuff, the more camo's and countries the better.

Edited by Sabre

looking nice binkowski. However i think that its highly unlikely that you see NG units run around with a norots nvg mount.

looking nice binkowski. However i think that its highly unlikely that you see NG units run around with a norots nvg mount.

Thanks, yeah. I'll probably end up removing it later. It just looks cool at the moment. Thanks for letting me use your models as well!

please make new helmet mesh where goggles cover the eyes. that would be amazing.

please make new helmet mesh where goggles cover the eyes. that would be amazing.

Its easy enough to do and for ARMA1 was done quite a bit but with eyewear being interchangeable when you chose your units head under profile in ARMA2 any goggles would overlap any glasses chosen as a head accessory in profile.

I think ACE2 has more goggles etc for faces...

the ace2 goggles are positioned incorrectly. they're too high on the face and the goggle isn't the right kind.

us army uses this type of goggle:

us_tactical_goggles.jpg

the ace2 goggles are positioned incorrectly. they're too high on the face and the goggle isn't the right kind.

I know what we use, I have some. But the fact that they are "positioned incorrectly" shouldn't be a factor. I myself wear mine hanging over the back of my helmet. It's really preference on that.

Bink looking great...

@zach, i was unaware that the US army had regulations on where you should place goggles and also i am very aware that bink has a great deal of personal experience in these things so i'd probs take his word.

I believe ESS or Revisions are the standard issue. Bink great work. Now to implement ze plan.

I believe ESS or Revisions are the standard issue. Bink great work. Now to implement ze plan.

Da comrade.

I for myself had my goggles kind like that just a bit lower. But we use different goggles (Gentex EPS 21). Some soldiers also had them on the back of their helmet.

I know what we use, I have some. But the fact that they are "positioned incorrectly" shouldn't be a factor. I myself wear mine hanging over the back of my helmet. It's really preference on that.

i'm not talking about where they're placed on the helmet, but i think some new helmets could be made with the goggles placed over the face like this:

http://virtualbattlespace.vbs2.com/images/stories/ukjan09/1680x1050_VBS2_129.jpg

ace2 has goggles for the face, but they're weirdly positioned on the face, as if they defy gravity, and they're using some weird looking goggle as well.

Bink looking great...

@zach, i was unaware that the US army had regulations on where you should place goggles and also i am very aware that bink has a great deal of personal experience in these things so i'd probs take his word.

so you're saying no one is the us army wears the goggles they are issued? i have given ace2 a try, but i'm afraid it's the face accessory system in arma2. the only solution would be to make the goggle part of the helmet model.

also, binkowski, are you using the ach helmet from the game or a creation of your own?

Edited by zachanscom

zach i'm not really sure what you're reading in my post but clearly you completely mis understood what i said....where did I say everyone in the US army where's the goggles they are issued? If anything you said that with your initial post. All i asked is if you know of a US army regulation that states where the goggles (OF ANY MAKE) should be placed on a helmet (OF ANY KIND) please enlighten me to. Wasn't trying to cause offence but you clearly misread what i wrote.