Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

The Scarab needs the doors to be animated in shadow LOD aswell. It seems like the missile is in full shadow even thou it should be lit when it is retracted.

It looks OK but I was hoping to see it launch :(.

Well it's not easy to launch it, as of now I absolutely have no idea how to launch it :rolleyes: Still doing research on that part.

Like really, come on!

I'm just saying that when there would be cool to have some uber awesome weapon, there are none, when it is finally beeing worked on, somehow there are lots of them :)

I'm just saying that when there would be cool to have some uber awesome weapon, there are none, when it is finally beeing worked on, somehow there are lots of them :)

Indeed happens very often, like T90 for A1 and tons of other things

but than we miss Belgian army, Netherlands army, Denmark, Czech, Ukrainian, Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Argentina, Brasil, Portugal, Greek, Serb, Algerian, Indonesian, Swedish, Norway, Japan, Napoleonic 1808, 1864, 1914, 1939, 2050 armies...

we have no Mercedes G, we have no Unimog, we have no ... etc. etc. etc.

I think what vilas is trying to encourage here is for people to be more creative on thier own to produce some variety of mods. Instead of just the same similar stuff we always see.

I am working most on german Vehicles, because i want them and since i am from germany myself.

But i am also working on complete tanks from my mind and from scratch or Vehicles from other countrys - the Comanche.

I am working most on german Vehicles, because i want them and since i am from germany myself.

But i am also working on complete tanks from my mind and from scratch or Vehicles from other countrys - the Comanche.

I cant wait for some great German Vehicles!

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/this_thread_again.jpg

Vilas, when you pay everyone to make things you can tell them not to dupilcate work. In the mean time can you PLEASE get off your "i'm the best theres no need to [re]make anything I already have" high horse.

Seriously, people do this for fun, so they're gonna make whatever the hell they want to. Regardless if its been done a million times before or not.

It was boring when you preached it for OFP, it was boring when you preached it for ArmA1, and guess what, its still boring when you're preaching it now... :j:

Thank you!

My ADHD OCD'ness got to me today and I cranked out this:

It is a super early implementation of a C-RAM type system.

This is what it looks like in real life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqTyafBaDYM&feature=related

Mine sucks compared to that, but it should get better... :P I found out that 'doWatch' is really finicky when it comes to performing correctly. I seem to have to stand right next to the unit that is doing the watching for it to do it correctly. :( Too bad there isnt a better way to do it... :P

Gnat;1505804']Nice work NouberNou

Thanks! I actually improved it a lot since I posted the first video...

Adjusted some of the values and now its intercepting at a much higher altitude. Before it was tracking just ahead of the incoming shells and only would intercept when it reached a coded in minimum gun elevation (to prevent blowing up friendlies around the guns). Now it is moving to intercept which is much cooler... :D

Thanks! I actually improved it a lot since I posted the first video...

Adjusted some of the values and now its intercepting at a much higher altitude. Before it was tracking just ahead of the incoming shells and only would intercept when it reached a coded in minimum gun elevation (to prevent blowing up friendlies around the guns). Now it is moving to intercept which is much cooler... :D

Really really cool there mate! Great addition to the game, out of interest, does the system always succeed or do some rockets/missles get through?

Really really cool there mate! Great addition to the game, out of interest, does the system always succeed or do some rockets/missles get through?

Depending on the angle, and the number of rounds incoming at the same time the system can fail.

Placement right now seems key to intercept success. I will probably post some videos later today. The guns now independently track and engage targets while communicating to other gun systems in the area which target they are engaging, so as to use themselves in the most effective manner.

I could also make the intercept cross section a bit smaller, right now if bullets pass within 10 meters of the target it considers it a hit, I could get that down lower to probably 5 and then 2.5 as I adjust the math.

My ADHD OCD'ness got to me today

Funny, That happens to me all the time. :p C-RAM system looks great. Want a redneck fix for the "Can only attack from the North" thing? Simple. Always keep your bases on the southern shore! :D

Funny, That happens to me all the time. :p C-RAM system looks great. Want a redneck fix for the "Can only attack from the North" thing? Simple. Always keep your bases on the southern shore! :D

Haha, the reason its that way now is because my velocity calculations are crap, well not even calculations, i am just pulling the velocity straight from the object itself and if its travelling in a positive velocity (which technically could also go north to south) then it screws up because my math is wrong on that... :P

It's not a hard fix though, I think I just need to make all the velocities no matter what be negative... Though I am tired and thats probably so far from the truth that its not even on this planet.

Currently working on the ARMA II port of the Stargate mod.

Here a quick ingame vid (nothing to special):

Currently working on the ARMA II port of the Stargate mod.

Here a quick ingame vid (nothing to special):

it is nice to see some sci-fi in Arma :D

surprisingly to see some new ingame footage from you frostman! do they already work?

surprisingly to see some new ingame footage from you frostman! do they already work?

The actual dialing handler code needs tweaking, so not quite yet; though it only an hour or so's work to sort it out.

Edited by Frostman

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m53/anthraxx_2006/WIP/20th_rc1.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m53/anthraxx_2006/WIP/20th_rc2.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m53/anthraxx_2006/WIP/20th_rc3.jpg

WIP, new Army SF. Original models / textures done by Johannes who so kindly gave me permission to use / modify them in ArmA2. Expect a release of ACU, MCU, and maybe BDU.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m53/anthraxx_2006/WIP/20th_rc1.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m53/anthraxx_2006/WIP/20th_rc2.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m53/anthraxx_2006/WIP/20th_rc3.jpg

WIP, new Army SF. Original models / textures done by Johannes who so kindly gave me permission to use / modify them in ArmA2. Expect a release of ACU, MCU, and maybe BDU.

nice models bink, looking good

hey bink now that u have the permission would be possible to add some parts of johnny sf on ur acu soldiers? that little backpack would be awensome retextured in acu style:D