Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Chance of an early Leopard 1?

Sure. I was thinking of the AA-Tank "Gepard" which is also based on the early Leopard 1 ;) So i think i could do that too.

Chance of an early Leopard 1?

in P85 you have 1A2, 1A3, 1A5 as Marder old and Jaguar etc.

good to see new German vehicles as Puma and would be good to see Marder from 90's , but doubling already existing work ? Puma is real lack, Marder 1A3, 1A5 would be very needed, new Leo, Merceds G, some vehicles etc.

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/jagua.jpg

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/leos1.jpg

Edited by vilas

in P85 you have 1A2, 1A3, 1A5 as Marder old and Jaguar etc.

good to see new German vehicles as Puma and would be good to see Marder from 90's , but doubling already existing work ? Puma is real lack, Marder 1A3, 1A5 would be very needed, new Leo, Merceds G, some vehicles etc.

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/jagua.jpg

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/leos1.jpg

Hm didn't saw them yet :confused:

But that are no Bundeswehr versions ;)

Hm didn't saw them yet :confused:

But that are no Bundeswehr versions ;)

Project 85 has Bundeswehr from 1985, some in camo some in olive paint

Marder , Leopards 1 and 2, LKW MAN 630, VW 183, etc.

dont want to be rude but isnt this the WIP, and not the Vilas tell us what u got thread? ;<

dont want to be rude but isnt this the WIP, and not the Vilas tell us what u got thread? ;<

A man after my own heart.

wip_sf_s.jpg

wip_sf_2_s.jpg

:whistle:

Just some generic Army Special forces I'm working on. Thanks Aeneas for the help!

Just some generic Army Special forces I'm working on.

Yep, they are cool alright. Great work man - again. :)

Just some generic Army Special forces I'm working on. Thanks Aeneas for the help!

Looking great matety!

I started texturing my models now and started with the Rah66 Comanche.

Texture is from scratch and not completly finished! :)

ComancheWIP.jpg

If you have some Ideas how i could get it look more realistic, just tell me.

Well so far so good, I've ported Gigan's Scud from ARMA 1 - ARMA 2. Just awaiting his "Go ahead" to release it to the community. I'm aware that there are no effects as far as when the Scud Missle actually Impacts(but really, whose going to be around to see that thing go off ??!!), I'll continue to work on it and see what I can do tho :D, that is... if he even allows me to release it at all. :pray::pray:

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnhrGxnrPzY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnhrGxnrPzY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

haha thanks, hopefully he gives me permission, this scud is hella fun.

@DesertRat: Have you checked with the BWMod Team so you don't do any unnecessary work? I mean there is certainly a need for a good Leopard and Puma model, but not two. I'm quite sure most people will opt for the BWMod stuff once it's out, so your work would be useless. Maybe you can coordinate your efforts, so that you do stuff that the BWMod team isn't planning to do.

EDIT (since the thread proceeded 3 pages in just a few hours, I'll answer here to keep it in one page, so people don't think I'm an asshole): It was certainly NOT my intention to insult, I was just trying to avoid people reinventing the wheel. This is not a competition of money-making companies who have to reinvent products of their competitors from scratch to avoid patent fees, it's a community that should work together. I did not say that this work is bad, or worse than the BWMod stuff. I just read that they are working on those vehicles, and they might be further in terms of config, texturing etc. I'm not saying that Desert Rat should stop his work because he sucks or whatever, I'm just saying people should communicate. If the BWMod team sees that their model is inferior, maybe they can stop their work on it and do other stuff that is missing completely yet. I have no idea which is better, but I think having 4 different tanks is better than 2 tanks that exist in two versions each. The Bundeswehr has more tanks than just those two, I'd like to see a Büffel, Keiler, Biber (each would have some interesting challenges in terms of animation and configs) or whatever, but the good modders will not "get through" to those less important tanks if they do the 37th version of a Leopard. A coordinated effort will just yield more for everyone.

Edited by Brainbug

@DesertRat:I mean there is certainly a need for a good Leopard and Puma model, but not two. I'm quite sure most people will opt for the BWMod stuff once it's out, so your work would be useless.

If that's not insulting nothing is. There can be more than 1 model. What if I wanted a Leopard or Puma without the BW Mod's colors? He's putting HIS time into making these for the community, and you have the nerve to tell him it's useless? That's plain disrespectful.

...but doubling already existing work ?

The Problem is (as you know it very good first hand) that you and some others which are making some good models, won't give them away later on, to be used in others mods. :(:rolleyes:

So i could now ask the question: "What do we want with all your P85 Models, if you wont give permission that others can use them in their Mods?"

If i would be a good modeler, i would be very dissatisfied to witness that i made 100s of great models, but my "Mod" or whatever it should be before it went broke at Arma1 times, was nowhere played on any Server....

On the other Hand, mods like ACE which were played on over 200 servers (the new "standard" Mod IMHO), where not allowed to use a single Bradley Model :rolleyes:

Thats the very sad reason why work has always to be doubled in this community!

So as a conclusion and my own opinion:

Let him make the Vehicles he likes. Maybe he is a guy which gives then later permission to use his Vehicles in other mods. Such people are IMHO much more worth to a community, than guys which giving nothing away/no permissions....

The more Mods would use my Model, the happier i would feel, but thats just my point-of-view.

And please, this is not a attack towards you Vilas or anyone, just a statement or rather a way of "explanation" for your question "why doubling already existing work". :D ;)

The Problem is (as you know it very good first hand) that you and some others which are making some good models, won't give them away later on, to be used in others mods. :(:rolleyes:

That is simply not true at all. ;)

That is simply not true at all. ;)

Maybe its now different, i don't know what you are all dealing internally between your mods:p

But it was like that during Arma1 times, and thats for sure ;):)

I've ported Gigan's Scud from ARMA 1 - ARMA 2. Just awaiting his "Go ahead"

check if there is my model inside from P85, i gave Gigan it , now i have updated model quality and normals, so would be better to use newer model and newer materials (i will send you link)

If that's not insulting nothing is. There can be more than 1 model. What if I wanted a Leopard or Puma without the BW Mod's colors? He's putting HIS time into making these for the community, and you have the nerve to tell him it's useless? That's plain disrespectful.

as i look at DesertRats' model - it looks more detailed than what I have seen so far in BW Mod (Leopard released for A1), like in Arma 1 there were much better models by other addonmaker Bionic

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=69795&highlight=leopard

just put both in editor and compare details

Desert Rat models are very detailed, i would also await his Puma, new Leo, Gepard etc.

my words were about Jaguar and old Leo1

"What do we want with all your P85 Models, if you wont give permission that others can use them in their Mods?"

problem with Bradley was completly other way, it was completly other situation, one of situations which broke old P85 team

i even had no knowledge that this Bradley was in ACE, imaging YOU do model and someone other allow to use it ?

The more Mods would use my Model, the happier i would feel, but thats just my point-of-view.

i repeat - a lot of mods have my models, help , even things made exlusive for them

because one tag under file is good and other not ???

why people couldn't use mod A but the same rifle/vehicle in mod B is super ???

why someone not wants download something by me ? but have it in other pack ?

if reason is file size - i will divide pack from P85 and release small parts - first will come Bradleys M2, M2A2, M6 than T64, T80, BMP1... etc

cause i see here "i will not download P85" by someone, why ?

file size or what ? why someone need other addon than this with P85_ or VIL_ tag ? politics reason or national or what ?

i already gave example in other discussion:

one guy wrote to me he want release my weapons

i made small addon in A1, German weapons pack , P1, P8, G3, AG36, MG3, MG4...

guy wanted ALL my stuff to release as his

what for ??

those addons would be 100% the same - only new tag before file

what for ?

to be famous on other person work ??? cause i cannot find logical explanation to releasing the same addon but with other tag

another thing, there are many mods which not give others, so maybe you would go to their topics to tell them so ?

people do addons/mods to have something exclusive and have download rate

if it comes to giving models - P85 and VIL is easy at giving - comparing to others (and i don't critic others, they value their time)

Edited by vilas