Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Well seeing as you worked in a job where you know about sensitive topics, do you really think you should discuss them on an open forum?

Lols, oh noes he said "warlock" call the opsec police.

A quick google search will throw up tons on info, pictures and video on warlock/duke/chamelion, so i dont think the mention of it here would really be key to the bad guys thwarting the system...

NZXSHADOWS great work as usual. Are you going to put on more 'wear and tear" dirt on thoses textures looks rather plain....

Again nice one Scnapsdrosel.

Maybe me, but the mag pouches look a bit too big?

Thanks, yes you might be right, it's the default mag pouch from the Queens Gambit mercs, I haven't touched it yet, but I guess I will make them a bit smaller...

dirtylightmap05.th.jpg

just been experimenting with painting colour into the ao lightmap to add a much needed layer of grime my buildings,

Oh that is really nice mikebart, that ivy looks so nice.

Thanks, yes you might be right, it's the default mag pouch from the Queens Gambit mercs, I haven't touched it yet, but I guess I will make them a bit smaller...

I wouldn't say that too loudly...I don't think the MLODs from QG were ever officially released. ;)

I just bored and created this reskin of USSRsniper's M200

Why you didn't get bored before :p

Wow nice USSRsniper, thats looking sweet! Maybe a tiny touch less scratches on the edges of the mag but overall it looks very nice indeed!

Needed some down time away from the F-117A for a couple of days after so many weeks bashing away at it so I figured I would finish off the model for my 2nd A2 project. Needs alot of optimization and will need to re-model certain sections but the basic mesh is done. Figured it might make an interesting addition to the battlefield. Will be making several weapon variations.

The Foster-Miller SWORDS Talon:

A2_SWORDSTALON_TH.jpg

Mr Fortran, with these treats you are really spoiling us!*

*Inserts French accent.

Since i used to make the same talon some many moons ago, this is nice to see again. Especially since it is looking more detailed then mine was...

Any WIP numbers like poly/triscount so far.

Good luck with animating the 3D tracks. Should be possible, especially these days.

Can't wait for your next project if you keep this quality.

Figured it might make an interesting addition to the battlefield.

Thought too at that time. Used to have good fun with it in VBS. But somehow it wasn't that usefull, maybe it needed a good transport script (so you are able to take it with your men to the combat zone where it is needed). I mean that would double the use and function of it...

I think that is why Norrin and my work on the HuntIR round was that nice and usefull since it was mobile and functional. Just saying :) .

Edited by DaSquade

Wow nice USSRsniper, thats looking sweet! Maybe a tiny touch less scratches on the edges of the mag but overall it looks very nice indeed!

Needed some down time away from the F-117A for a couple of days after so many weeks bashing away at it so I figured I would finish off the model for my 2nd A2 project. Needs alot of optimization and will need to re-model certain sections but the basic mesh is done. Figured it might make an interesting addition to the battlefield. Will be making several weapon variations.

The Foster-Miller SWORDS Talon:

A2_SWORDSTALON_TH.jpg

Looks awesome. Maybe we could use it with the UAV Terminal and some smart scripting? :)

The lazy mans way to fight a war is soon coming to the battlefield I see!

Yeah was thinking maybe another UAV terminal vehicle styled system or have it airdropped to your location. Carting it around with you is not an option really lol. Currently 20k polys with the control box, obviously it was modelled first and foremost for rendering not for a game engine but it won't take me long to strip it down and re-model parts of it for the engine, the cylinders are hogging most of the polys at the moment and have an un-godly amount of sides so replacing those alone for a start will drop the count down a hell of a lot. As for animating the 3D tracks, im not sure if or how thats going to be possible as the axis will have to be in an chamfered rectangle shape which I don't think (don't know for sure) is possible, so might have to do it via textures instead perhaps. How are the normal A2 tank tracks done? Just animated UVs' ?

Edited by Fortran

Tank tracks use a hardcoded engine animation and only has 2D effect. It simply rotates the images around a path (3D mesh).

But the Talon in VBS actually uses a 3D track witch is animated.

Tank tracks use a hardcoded engine animation and only has 2D effect. It simply rotates the images around a path (3D mesh).

But the Talon in VBS actually uses a 3D track witch is animated.

Back in Arma1 I believe it was not possible to code the tracks like it has been done in VBS2. I heard a long time ago the VBS2 engine was adjusted to let the tracks work.

I do not know if thats also the case in Arma2.

looks great fortran, wouldnt that be the type of thing you'd just load into the back of a humv or something?

Thanks for the comments guys, the ivy's part of a 4 peice set complete with lods, i'll release it soon, I just got to finish off a few things.

ivytest02.th.jpg ivytest01.th.jpg